Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

22 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This draft could have been great if he passed on Igbinoghene (who I like) and drafted Winnfield.  Then in Rd 4 address CB with Reggie Robinson

Chaisson

Winnfield

Jackson

Robinson 

Thats a nice haul

Not kissing a$$ since I asked you a question in another thread. But agreed. Winfield would be much better Rd2. The rest in place as they are and I'm happy 

34 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I noticed the writer negatively mentioned the Fowler signing when giving his thoughts on both the 1st and 2nd round picks lol.

Saying the Fowler signing may not work out and the other saying that the Falcons overpaid.

Look at the source: CBS. I loathe CBS on all fronts. 

47 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Sounds like someone who hasn't watched him play

One year under his belt as a starter and it shows. He’s awful agst the run...plays too high and is non existent at times.

If you are hoping for Danielle Hunter, I get it, but let’s draft him where Hunter was drafted, not at 16....

9 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Anybody wanting Chaisson hasn’t watched him play...

Iggy would be a stud NB for us...

Bullsh!t. See below.

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Sounds like someone who hasn't watched him play

This

6 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

One year under his belt as a starter and it shows. He’s awful agst the run...plays too high and is non existent at times.

If you are hoping for Danielle Hunter, I get it, but let’s draft him where Hunter was drafted, not at 16....

Debo was a one year starter at LSU, not uncommon because of the amount of talent.

8 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

Debo was a one year starter at LSU, not uncommon because of the amount of talent.

Debo was a round 2 pick, many thought 3rd was the right spot for him. He also had a true position.

If Chaisson is being seen as a straight pass rusher, and the second best one, go for it. If he is gonna be a ‘chess piece’ that does everything good but nothing great, he isn’t worth 16th pick. Just ask the Bears...the Leonard Floyd comparison doesn’t get me excited...another guy who went high, was used all over because he wasn’t great at rushing the passer (which WAS why he was taken high) and didn’t even see out the rookie deal.

that said, you can make an argument against every player at 16, so this is a debate with no end.

35 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

Different circumstances and positions...

You really think one year of starter play in college is gonna lens itself well agst good OTs? He doesn’t use his athleticism and length well, and it shows...He’s worse than Takk at pass rush moves, and Takk has production...

4 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

You really think one year of starter play in college is gonna lens itself well agst good OTs(1)? He doesn’t use his athleticism and length well (2), and it shows...He’s worse than Takk at pass rush moves (3), and Takk has production...

1) He dominated in the last 3 games or so against the best competition he faced, so yes. You could see him growing game by game. Tell me, how do you think he did against Clemson? Your answer will say a lot.

2) He uses his length incredibly well as you can see it in the precision of his run fits and when he uses a long arm to convert speed to power. Ditto his athleticism. This critique doesn't even make sense.

3) If you'd just said he needs to work on honing the execution of moves in his repertoire or that his counter game is unrefined, I'd agree, but you had to go and say he's worse than Takk in this area. Bruh. He already uses long arm, dip and rip, inside and outside spins, along with different head and hand fakes. Those watching him could see him get better not just from 2018's injury shortened season to 2019, but DURING 2019 too. It feels more like a matter of time given his drive. Dude is 20.

11 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

One year under his belt as a starter and it shows. He’s awful agst the run (4)...plays too high and is non existent at times (5).

If you are hoping for Danielle Hunter, I get it (6), but let’s draft him where Hunter was drafted, not at 16....

4) Already addressed this some. He is NOT awful against the run, he's actually the best 250 lb dude coming out this year imho. And he's so disciplined too. It's kind of crazy tbh, it feels like he puts more work into his run game than his pass rush. I love it.

5) Plays too high? Non-existent? The too high thing is crazy, his leverage appears great for a dude his size...regular stood up 300+ lb guys in the SEC and squeezed gaps. The non-existent thing feels like a product of box score scouting, otherwise I don't know what you mean. He flies all over the field.

6) Doesn't remind me of Hunter at all. Served a completely different role in LSU's defense. He reminds me more of Jamie Collins or Bruce Irvin. Add to that his age, leadership, football character, and I think he can be better than both.

Like look, if you'd criticized his body type, or that he's a tweener, fine - that's a difference in philosophy at most. And if you criticized his production or injury history, fine - people weigh things differently. And there are things you could criticize about his play too, and I'd give them credit. Like, that he didn't have more production despite the defense being up on opponents so often. Or how he understands counter timing but seems more like he's playing patty cake sometimes, not rushing with enough of a plan. Even saying he gets physically overwhelmed occasionally or is mostly a projection to get better makes sense.

But your critiques (imho) are just copy paste Beasley critiques that are applied to almost every smaller pass rusher that ever comes out now. I just don't see it, yknow? There are guys like @KRUNKuno who hated Beasley coming out but love Chaisson.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

1) He dominated in the last 3 games or so against the best competition he faced, so yes. You could see him growing game by game. Tell me, how do you think he did against Clemson? Your answer will say a lot.

2) He uses his length incredibly well as you can see it in the precision of his run fits and when he uses a long arm to convert speed to power. Ditto his athleticism. This critique doesn't even make sense.

3) If you'd just said he needs to work on honing the execution of moves in his repertoire or that his counter game is unrefined, I'd agree, but you had to go and say he's worse than Takk in this area. Bruh. He already uses long arm, dip and rip, inside and outside spins, along with different head and hand fakes. Those watching him could see him get better not just from 2018's injury shortened season to 2019, but DURING 2019 too. It feels more like a matter of time given his drive. Dude is 20.

4) Already addressed this some. He is NOT awful against the run, he's actually the best 250 lb dude coming out this year imho. And he's so disciplined too. It's kind of crazy tbh, it feels like he puts more work into his run game than his pass rush. I love it.

5) Plays too high? Non-existent? The too high thing is crazy, his leverage appears great for a dude his size...regular stood up 300+ lb guys in the SEC and squeezed gaps. The non-existent thing feels like a product of box score scouting, otherwise I don't know what you mean. He flies all over the field.

6) Doesn't remind me of Hunter at all. Served a completely different role in LSU's defense. He reminds me more of Jamie Collins or Bruce Irvin. Add to that his age, leadership, football character, and I think he can be better than both.

Like look, if you'd criticized his body type, or that he's a tweaker, fine - that's a difference in philosophy at most. And if you criticized his production or injury history, fine - people weigh things differently. And there are things you could criticize about his play too, and I'd give them credit. Like, that he didn't have more production despite the defense being up on opponents so often. Or how he understands counter timing but seems more like he's playing patty cake sometimes, not rushing with enough of a plan. Even saying he gets physically overwhelmed occasionally or is mostly a projection to get better makes sense.

But your critiques (imho) are just copy paste Beasley critiques that are applied to almost every smaller pass rusher that ever comes out now. I just don't see it, yknow? There are guys like @KRUNKuno who hated Beasley coming out but love Chaisson.

I liked Beasley coming out. He left too much on the table somehow.

Did I feel like writing a massive description like you, no. B/c most folks on here wouldn’t appreciate it like I appreciate your response.

We can have a difference of opinion, and that’s not to say I don’t think Chaisson can become something, but I’m not using my biggest draft chip on that when I’ve got 2 years of peak MR2/Julio left...I’d rather get Brown/Kinlaw using my 1st and 3rd and then get Baun in the 2nd...if he doesn’t fall then I take the best off ball LB or DB available, extend Mack and sign a vet FA, and draft a developmental guy in the 4th...

Brown/Kinlaw, Baun, BPA at CB/S is the most bang for our buck at this point to really help our defense...

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

45 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Did I feel like writing a massive description like you, no. B/c most folks on here wouldn’t appreciate it like I appreciate your response.

We can have a difference of opinion, and that’s not to say I don’t think Chaisson can become something, but I’m not using my biggest draft chip on that when I’ve got 2 years of peak MR2/Julio left...I’d rather get Brown/Kinlaw using my 1st and 3rd and then get Baun in the 2nd...if he doesn’t fall then I take the best off ball LB or DB available, extend Mack and sign a vet FA, and draft a developmental guy in the 4th...

Brown/Kinlaw, Baun, BPA at CB/S is the most bang for our buck at this point to really help our defense...

Brown/Kinlaw have some issues aswell.

Brown hasn’t progressed into a consistent pass rusher 

Kinlaw relies on a singular move for the most part and is very RAW yet you see Chaissons versatility as a weakness.

Chess piece is what your getting when you get a Chaisson to me this is where the value is in drafting a guy like him at 16.

8 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

You really think one year of starter play in college is gonna lens itself well agst good OTs? He doesn’t use his athleticism and length well, and it shows...He’s worse than Takk at pass rush moves, and Takk has production...

All I said was is that it's not uncommon for one year starters at LSU. It wasn't an endorsement. 

5 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Like look, if you'd criticized his body type, or that he's a tweener, fine - that's a difference in philosophy at most. And if you criticized his production or injury history, fine - people weigh things differently. And there are things you could criticize about his play too, and I'd give them credit. Like, that he didn't have more production despite the defense being up on opponents so often. Or how he understands counter timing but seems more like he's playing patty cake sometimes, not rushing with enough of a plan. Even saying he gets physically overwhelmed occasionally or is mostly a projection to get better makes sense.

Are you on twitter? I always follow guys as we near the draft so I can watch tape on prospects I haven't heard much about.

6 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

If Brown or Kinlaw are there I would be happy with them, and I do think there are good SAMs available later so I get you there. Just think Chaisson and Simmons are on another level there

1 hour ago, stizz said:

Are you on twitter? I always follow guys as we near the draft so I can watch tape on prospects I haven't heard much about.

Nah, sorry. I barely have any social media tbh

Posted (edited)

I think Kinlaw if he is there, or Andrew Thomas if he is there are the safer picks. I like Chaisson but Kinlaw and Thomas IN MY OPINION are NFL pick and play ready. 

Edited by Refried Beans

If he can plug in, stay healthy & be allowed to shoot gaps while he refines those pash rush moves & hands, his potential is as high as anyone in the draft.

Id be fine with him at 16 but he may not get to us without a move up & that bugs me more than anything.