Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

D. Watson Being Shopped?

2 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

Lol bruh as much as I love Matt Ryan they went head to head last year 53-32 ... just one game but i would take Watson going forward over Matt more mobility and more spark has injury concerns which are real but i believe Watson’s ceiling is higher than Matt’s which i believe he reached in 2016 if we could trade Matt and a 1st a few extra picks i would pull the trigger all that said ... it won’t happen ... fun to speculate tho 

It’s not about who is better.  As of now it’s still Ryan.  But you take Watson simply because he is young and still on rookie contract.  Dude is just 24

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

Lol bruh as much as I love Matt Ryan they went head to head last year 53-32 ... just one game but i would take Watson going forward over Matt more mobility and more spark has injury concerns which are real but i believe Watson’s ceiling is higher than Matt’s which i believe he reached in 2016 if we could trade Matt and a 1st a few extra picks i would pull the trigger all that said ... it won’t happen ... fun to speculate tho 

Man, if the Falcons had Watson throwing those deep darts to Julio and Ridley, they would be unstoppable, especially with Gurley back there.  They could run playaction, pocket roll outs,  RPO plays, defense wouldn't  be able to stop them...

Buys pocket time, launchs a DART deep for the six...

Deshaun Watson – The Official Website Of Deshaun Watson

Edited by Spts1

21 hours ago, KamiKazee27 said:

Ryan is a better QB and gives us a better chance of winning right now.

Ryan is the past. Watson is the future.  Are you actually serious?  You can't be as dumb as you sound.

Posted (edited)

I love Matt Ryan and appreciate all that he has brought to the franchise. I can’t think of a way that it would work for us given how many more productive years Matt has left (maybe 4).

I would love to have D Watson though.

if we were to trade Matt for D Watson, it would be the equivalent to the Dominique trade that broke my heart.

Edited by Emmitt

8 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Can y’all imagine if we traded for him?

:D

we would have the 2 best WR in the league and Ridley as slot...and an OC who would run them all on deep routes while Ryan gets killed...

I was talking about trading for Watson...

:)

4 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Man quit trolling. Jesus 

:lol:

If that would actually happen, I can only imagine the **** you moderators here would have to endure with the simultaneous head exploding going on in TATF.

4 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I'd rather swallow a beehive.

That genuinely made me LOL.

:tiphat:

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ll supply the hive free of charge

This man is a team player!

I’ll get the camera ready.

4 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

Maybe once Taysom Hill retires as the greatest quarterback ever, then he could start for y’all.

Plot Twist: Taysom Hill becomes the starter and we trade for Watson who then plays Hill’s former “Swiss army knife” role 

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

My bad Iron Saint... Watson didn’t even cross my mind, couldn’t imagine a a Saints fan even hinting at life after Brees. :D

Haha, it’s all good. 

And I don’t like thinking about life after Brees myself, but possibly acquiring Watson certainly perks up my ears. :lol:

On 3/28/2020 at 0:35 PM, Spts1 said:

Man, if the Falcons had Watson throwing those deep darts to Julio and Ridley, they would be unstoppable, especially with Gurley back there.  They could run playaction, pocket roll outs,  RPO plays, defense wouldn't  be able to stop them...

Buys pocket time, launchs a DART deep for the six...

69 mil dead cap hit.

53 minutes ago, falconidae said:

69 mil dead cap hit.

Hypothetically, it would not happen until next year.  You’d assume a 49 mill dead money hit but you’re exchanging QB’s so it’s irrelevant.  You’re not having to replace Ryan...and next year is an ideal year to absorb dead money with a 40 million jump in cap