Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

D. Watson Being Shopped?

I’ve been hearing rumors of a possible Watson trade.  If he really is being shopped, I would take a look if I were TD.  Would you guys consider this or would you prefer to finish the drill with Ryan & Julio?

Just don’t let him end up with Patriots or Saints 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-heres-what-a-hypothetical-texans-patriots-deal-could-look-like/amp/

Deshaun Watson trade rumors: Here's what a hypothetical Texans-Patriots deal could look like

a baseball player holding a bat: What does the future hold for Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson (4)?© Troy Taormina-USA TODAY SportsWhat does the future hold for Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson (4)?

There have been rumors around the NFL water cooler that Houston Texans star quarterback Deshaun Watson is not happy about the direction of the organization. Bill O’Brien’s decision to trade All-Pro wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins for pennies on the dollar just recently underscores this.

Watson, of the Texans, has already been rumored to be interested in the New England Patriots’ starting quarterback position after future Hall of Fame gunslinger Tom Brady signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Watson was noticed “liking” a tweet linking him to New England on Monday as well.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So how do we get around the 50+ mil in dead cap it would take to get rid of Ryan?

+1. When you trade a player you trade their salary. You are still responsible for their guaranteed money and bonus. 

Even if there was a scenario where another team takes on all of it, we're talking about trading with a team that is clearly in full tank mode trying to save money. They admitted to such as a reason why they traded Hopkins.

Edited by dirtybirds233

2 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Reminds me of when Chip Kelly went into Philadelphia and got rid of the core of that team.  Its a agenda with Houston's coach too and Watson wants out of there because of it...

MONKEY RIDING DOG HERDING RAMS from The Wide World of Sports GIFs ...

Not even close. 

24 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Really?  Let the Patriots come with a package that Houston likes and Watson is gone...

Wanna bet?

Again, Houston will fire the coach before they trade the franchise QB. There would be rioting in the streets and fans would burn the stadium down.

All that, plus BB would never trade the farm for one player.

1 hour ago, KamiKazee27 said:

Ryan is a better QB and gives us a better chance of winning right now.

I'm not so sure of that. Watson was QBR 7 last year Ryan was QBR 14. I'm fine rolling with Ryan and some white fans might not like to hear this but if we had Watson the Benz would be rocking. Maybe not Vick level but he is a hometown kid. If they wanted Ryan for Watson straight up I'd pull the trigger.

Won't happen though. He'll be a Patriot because why not.

1 minute ago, TimeBomb said:

I'm not so sure of that. Watson was QBR 7 last year Ryan was QBR 14. I'm fine rolling with Ryan and some white fans might not like to hear this but if we had Watson the Benz would be rocking. Maybe not Vick level but he is a hometown kid. If they wanted Ryan for Watson straight up I'd pull the trigger.

Won't happen though. He'll be a Patriot because why not.

Yeah so Ryan is the reason the Benz is not rocking? Get outta here with that garbage. 

Just now, KHAOS said:

Yeah so Ryan is the reason the Benz is not rocking? Get outta here with that garbage. 

I said it some people might not want to hear it. There is a reality about this city. I'm not trying to start anything so I'll leave it there.