Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MayorWest13

Edmond Robinson signs with Falcons

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I hope these guys that sign from the XFL get some type of guarantee to stay on the roster in some way for the season or at least some good money. No I did not read the 400+ page CBA deal so no I do not know what the minimum is. 

I'm guessing there's at least some guarantee, but not large enough to really impact the cap. It's a lot like signing UDFAs at this point.

Was drafted in 2015 by Vikings.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/148/edmond-robinson

PLAYER NEWS

EDMOND ROBINSONLB, HOUSTON TEXANS

Texans signed LB Edmond Robinson, formerly of the XFL's Roughnecks.

Robinson was the No. 232 overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft but wasn't able to make an impact early in his NFL career with the Vikings. A solid showing in the XFL was enough to give him another chance. Robinson will have to showcase an ability on special teams to make the active roster.

SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Mar 27, 2020, 3:37 PM ET

EDMOND ROBINSONLB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Vikings third-year LB Edmond Robinson is the leading candidate to start on the weak side.

Robinson has got the majority of first-team OTA reps. He’s the early favorite to replace Chad Greenway’s old two-down role. Emmanuel Lamur will push Robinson when healthy.

SOURCE: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Jun 7, 2017, 7:10 PM ET

EDMOND ROBINSONLB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Vikings signed No. 232 overall pick LB Edmond Robinson to a four-year, $2.348 million contract.

The deal includes a $68,132 signing bonus. Coming out of small-school Newberry, Robinson put on a show at the Combine, clocking a 4.61 40 while turning in a 37-inch vertical leap and 10-foot-1 broad jump. Robinson has excellent movement skills for his size (6'3/245). He could be an impact special teamer as a rookie.

May 7, 2015, 5:04 PM ET

9 minutes ago, MayorWest13 said:

PICK ANALYSIS:

Edmond Robinson is the first D2 player to be selected in this year's draft. He's a plus athlete with upside on the edge but there is alot of projection with this pick. --Mark Dulgerian

Strengths

Freakishly long with a frame that could easily add much more weight and muscle. Played over tight end against run teams, matched up on slot receivers and even rotated back to safety on a couple of snaps. Good initial quickness and ability to engulf his targets when tackling. Good pursuit laterally.

Weaknesses

Looks like a praying mantis on tape -- almost all legs. Excelled but didn't dominate against lower level of competition. Play strength is nowhere near ready as a linebacker prospect. Needs weight work and mass and needs to learn to use his length to keep blockers off of him.

Draft Projection

Undrafted

Bottom Line

Tall, lanky developmental prospect that must fill out and gain substantially more play strength to be able to handle the linebacker position. His length and ability to move in space is a little bit intriguing, though.

18 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I'm guessing there's at least some guarantee, but not large enough to really impact the cap. It's a lot like signing UDFAs at this point.

As long as it's good compensation just to most likely get cut that's cool. I guess they pretty much know the risk they're taking when they agree to a deal

20 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

This doesn’t affect our 1st round pick at all...maybe our 4th or 6th/7th, but I’m not passing on Simmons if it cost a 1st and 2nd to roll with this guy and whoever else

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

I didn’t think we were going up anyways no disappointment here.

I trust Ulbrich on this.

It's sarcasm y'all, no one expects this dude to start rn. If he can even make the roster I'd be impressed

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I hope these guys that sign from the XFL get some type of guarantee to stay on the roster in some way for the season or at least some good money. No I did not read the 400+ page CBA deal so no I do not know what the minimum is. 

There's always the practice squad if nothing else, right?

1 minute ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

There's always the practice squad if nothing else, right?

I dont know practice squad requirements for players from the XFL. And that would be a humongous paycut 

I like this. The guy was one of the few defensive players to flash in the XFL.  We're super thin at linebacker even after bringing LaRoy Reynolds back, so why not just take a risk on a guy with some upside.  If nothing else maybe you can mold him into a special teams ace.

And who knows, maybe some of these fringe guys they're bringing in will have some leadership skills.  We need more vocal leaders on this team, especially on defense.  I'm hoping Fowler can also become one of those guys.