Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Who do you think is a better offensive coordinator Sark or Dirk Koetter?

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Sark was better for what we wanted to do. Never been a fan of Koetter's philosophy so I probably can't give an unbiased answer 

This is it. DQ thinks we are a wide zone team and we were built to be a wide zone team. DK enters the picture and we go from wide zone to inside power. 

Sark was a bad play caller thats a given but he ran the offense our players were drafted for. 

Sark is the better choice in this regard. Dirks scheme is stupid as stupid gets.

Sark.  

Sark only called plays in the NFL two years.  His first was coming off one of the best offenses in NFL history so we were going to be let down no matter what he did.  His second was riddled with injuries.  He was set up to fail and we have no clue what he could have been if given a third year.

Koetter for some reason continues to get chances to call an offense after being mediocre at every stop even with a very good amount of talent.  

Ppl ripped me to shreds for believing in Sark. He got a raw deal and I think our offense would be running like a well oiled machine. Somehow our offense has become a question mark and it ain’t because we don’t have talent. Yes the OL wasn’t the greatest but we were making it work when we had Sark. 

Posted (edited)

Sark is the 1st OC Matt ever had that didnt go on to become a head coach....let that sink in.

Perhaps he would have been much better had he not been pigeon-holed into recreating the Shanny Offense, but we'll never know.

Edited by Snafu

3 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Ppl ripped me to shreds for believing in Sark. He got a raw deal and I think our offense would be running like a well oiled machine. Somehow our offense has become a question mark and it ain’t because we don’t have talent. Yes the OL wasn’t the greatest but we were making it work when we had Sark. 

I agree.  K runs an inside zone scheme and he is such a donkey he will not mix in the outside zone to really throw defenses off.

Both are good yet so different in philosophies. I'm going with Koetter here. He made some good in game adjustments during the coarse of the season that kept us in many of our games. He can read defenses.

I don’t have high hopes but I didn’t either after KS and Sarks first season. DQ should have hired WCO coach or just let DK run what he runs. This is a mish mash of different offensive philosophies.

Sark. He was put in a no win situation and performed well. I was too harsh on him considering how well he performed here.

When we hired Dirk, I was not happy. My hope is we have so much talent on offense that we just overwhelm defenses.

42 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I don’t have high hopes but I didn’t either after KS and Sarks first season. DQ should have hired WCO coach or just let DK run what he runs. This is a mish mash of different offensive philosophies.

It looked like they did let Dirk do Dirk more the last 8 games.