Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FalconsIn2012

Brown or Simmons

Brown or Simmons  

52 members have voted

1. 1. If One is Available At 11th

Good question.. even thou they will be gone before we draft and I surely would not trade up for neither one... Cost to much in a awesome draft.  So I'd prefer to draft at our 16 pick,, than to give them a couple of high picks to go up to get them ,, that would be the worst thing we could do.. in such a deep awesome,, maybe the most talented Draft in History.. They say it is btw... And for that reason ,, No way would I trade up.. unless Kinlaw falls really close to our pick ,, and would only have to give one pic and our 16 to get him.. And I'm beginning to wonder if that would be a mistake. There again,, because of so so so much talent in this draft.. I'm hoping we do trade down to get an extra pick or two.. That's what I'd love to see. But just not in the first round.

9 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Without a second thought Simmons. SLB is our biggest need at the moment since we don't have one on the roster. 0/1 could be upgraded but it's not nearly as big of a need

Simmons is an off ball ILB.  Do we send Debo to SAM?

Posted (edited)

Brown is a good player and looks to be a high level DT in the NFL. But Simmons is, imo, the best player not named Chase Young or Joe Burrow in the draft. Simmons makes a monstrous amount of negative plays whether by TFL, Sack or INT all while leading his team in tackles on a regular basis. Sticking him beside Debo would give us a top tier LB corp for years to come. 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

Brown is the most polished DT in the draft but I prefer Kinlaw's upside.   I'd take Simmons over either as I can find a pretty good DTs in the draft far more than a guys who can credibly play 8 positions on the defense.

Can’t go wrong with either.

Simmons is a true Game Wrecker. Simmons is like the Queen on the Chess Board. Simmons is an outright Force Multiplier.

Simmons at SAM would be a nearly unbelievable upgrade to our defense. 

The next biggest defensive upgrade option is actually Okudah. Then Kinlaw, then Brown.

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I really think one will be available at 11th.  If both are available and we can get there by giving up a 3rd, who you taking?

Im in the minority but I’ll take Brown to pair with Grady.  A gap pressure is kryptonite to every QB, especially those in the NFCS

Both will be top 10 picks. 

27 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think Simmons likely is but Brown could drop to 14th.  Don’t see him getting past the Bucs...

Edit: forgot the Bucs signed Suh so you never know

Only for 1 year though.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think Simmons likely is but Brown could drop to 14th.  Don’t see him getting past the Bucs...

Edit: forgot the Bucs signed Suh so you never know

My guess is Jags will grab Brown. 

Kinslaw is the more likely DT to fall within range...but I’d still prefer Chaisson.