Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

NFL.com mock has us trading up to 11 for Simmons

5 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Absolutely not. This is going to be yet another lost season under Cowardly Clueless Quinn's mismanagement. Why hamstring whoever our next coach is going to be, by trading away their first round draft pick?

And what if the Falcons turn it around this season and become viable contenders again?

What makes you 100% sure that the Falcons will be bad this season?

If the Falcons can add some playmakers to that defense, then expect them to be back in the hunt as viable SB contenders.

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

And what if the Falcons turn it around this season and become viable contenders again?

What makes you 100% sure that the Falcons will be bad this season?

Two reasons.

1. Quinn
  2. Koetter

Case closed.

Just now, Roanoke Falcon said:

Two reasons.

1. Quinn
  2. Koetter

Case closed.

Quinn isn't as clueless as you make him out to be.

Did it take him too long last season to make proper adjustments? Yes, but let's wait and see the beginning of this season if that was Quinn finally realizing what he's been doing wrong with sticking with what wasn't working for so long.

As for Koetter, didn't like that he returned. It was still his 1st year back with pretty much a different personnel outside of 2 or 3 players. Year 2 will probably be better 

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Quinn isn't as clueless as you make him out to be.

Did it take him too long last season to make proper adjustments? Yes, but let's wait and see the beginning of this season if that was Quinn finally realizing what he's been doing wrong with sticking with what wasn't working for so long.

As for Koetter, didn't like that he returned. It was still his 1st year back with pretty much a different personnel outside of 2 or 3 players. Year 2 will probably be better 

Quinn is every bit as useless as I deem him to be.

• Cannot run a defense. He proved to be a downgrade from Marquand Frikking Manual.
  • Cannot run a coaching staff. The only decent assistants he has hired were Shanahan (who we should have given his job to) and possibly Raheem Morris (who will likely be our interim at some point next season).
  • Cannot lead a team. His teams have been ill-prepared, undisciplined, and unready. The only exception was when Shanahan had the offense cooking in 2016.
  • Cannot manage games. Mismanages clock, does not make in-game adjustments.

So tell me: what exactly does Cowardly Clueless Quinn bring to the table as a head coach OR as a human frikking being?

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I'd give up our 3rd round pick in a heart beat for Simmons. I still can't see him falling out of the top 10. 

I can not see that boy falling past Jacksonville... ****, even Detroit may take him. Could go as high as the Giants as them boys have a MESS of holes all over the team.

16 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

• Cannot run a defense. He proved to be a downgrade from Marquand Frikking Manual.
  • Cannot run a coaching staff. The only decent assistants he has hired were Shanahan (who we should have given his job to) and possibly Raheem Morris (who will likely be our interim at some point next season).
  • Cannot lead a team. His teams have been ill-prepared, undisciplined, and unready. The only exception was when Shanahan had the offense cooking in 2016.

So tell me: what exactly does Cowardly Clueless Quinn bring to the table as a head coach OR as a human frikking being?

Despite what you're saying, Quinn did lead the Falcons to the 2016 SB appearance.

Also, you said Kyle Shanahan should've been given the HC job? Name a team who has ever fired their HC in order to appoint their OC or DC as the new HC fresh off of a losing SB appearance?

If you call out Quinn with mismanaging games, what about Shanahan just this year in the SB? It was basically similar to the Falcons 2016 SB appearance.

You call Quinn clueless, but wanted Shanahan to replace him lol.

14 minutes ago, Macintez said:

I can not see that boy falling past Jacksonville... ****, even Detroit may take him. Could go as high as the Giants as them boys have a MESS of holes all over the team.

Every team other than the teams going QB (Bengals, Dolphins, Chargers) could use Simmons. No way he slides as far as these mocks let him.

14 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I agree with you on Quinn.

But you wanna quit this COWARD ****e on here.

The only person whose portraying that is yourself because I bet your not standing in front of DQs face and saying it point blank.

In actual fact in my eyes it’s a cowardly act calling a man it 9n a MB and being faceless at the same time.

DQ has had thee issues you say.Ive also been very critical of the man but he isn’t any part of coward.

I give DQ credit for handing the defense to Morris and Ulbrich last year the players still fought hard for him over the second half of the season.Thats why he still has his job.

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Every team other than the teams going QB (Bengals, Dolphins, Chargers) could use Simmons. No way he slides as far as these mocks let him.

That's if those teams value a LB/SS over an o-lineman.

Panthers may need o-line protection more now with signing Bridgewater, losing 2 of their best o-linemen, and now having an offensive minded HC in Rhule.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

The only person whose portraying that is yourself because I bet your not standing in front of DQs face and saying it point blank.

In actual fact in my eyes it’s a cowardly act calling a man it 9n a MB and being faceless at the same time.

DQ has had thee issues you say.Ive also been very critical of the man but he isn’t any part of coward.

I give DQ credit for handing the defense to Morris and Ulbrich last year the players still fought hard for him over the second half of the season.Thats why he still has his job.

First, I would absolutely say this to Quinn's face if given the option to do so.

Second, firing his entire suite of coordinators to deflect heat from himself, to save his own job, IS cowardly. It IS disloyal. It IS spineless and weak. Since he was actually a downgrade from Marquand Manuel, it was also wrong.

I keep hearing people snivel about how hard the players played for him? Why didn't they play hard for him in the FIRST HALF OF THE SEASON, when the playoffs were still a possibility and VICTORIES STILL MATTERED?!?

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yeah man, Quinn has had many faults but I don't understand why someone would label him a coward.

In fact it takes a man to own up to his faults and mistakes. Plenty of former HCs refused to give up their playcalling duties when things weren't working and went out being stubborn. Quinn made late changes even though he should've done them much earlier before the Falcons were out of playoff contention.

Can't wait to see if those changes continue to pay positive dividends this season and put the team back on track for another run.

1 minute ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

First, I would absolutely say this to Quinn's face if given the option to do so.

Second, firing his entire suite of coordinators to deflect heat from himself, to save his own job, IS cowardly. It IS disloyal. It IS spineless and weak. Since he was actually a downgrade from Marquand Manuel, it was also wrong.

I keep hearing people snivel about how hard the players played for him? Why didn't they play hard for him in the FIRST HALF OF THE SEASON, when the playoffs were still a possibility and VICTORIES STILL MATTERED?!?

Do you realize that coordinators get fired all of the time?

Those are usually the first ones to go when teams or specific units of the team aren't playing well.

Sean Payton, Pete Carroll, John Harbaugh, Andy Reid and many others have fired coordinators and assistant coaches over and over again. So how is that cowardly?

Other HCs have even fired their own in-laws, blood relatives, and friends. You do know this is a "better you than me" business right?

1 hour ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

All this talk of a 5th.. guys we traded it in the Hurst trade. Currently have:

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

4th

7th

Wed likely need to trade a 3rd, 4th and future 3rd or 4th if a team is in need of picks. If we could keep our 2nd and do the above I'd be down for Simmons, Brown, Kinlaw, or Okudah

We got way to many issues to fix losing even more picks for one player. We really need to trade back and get more picks

13 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

1) Despite what you're saying, Quinn did lead the Falcons to the 2016 SB appearance.

2) Also, you said Kyle Shanahan should've been given the HC job? Name a team who has ever fired their HC in order to appoint their OC or DC as the new HC fresh off of a losing SB appearance?

3) If you call out Quinn with mismanaging games, what about Shanahan just this year in the SB? It was basically similar to the Falcons 2016 SB appearance.

4) You call Quinn clueless, but wanted Shanahan to replace him lol.

1) Wrong. He absolutely did not lead us to a Super Bowl. Kyle Shanahan's historically great #1 offense led us to a Super Bowl. Dan Quinn's mid-to-lower 20 ranked defense was just dragged along for the ride.

2) Unfortunately, there was no way feasible to replace Quinn after 2016 with Shanahan. It would have been foolish at the time. But with hindsight, it was clearly a "should-have/but-couldn't" move.

3) Shanahan blew one play. Quinn has mismanaged entire games for multiple seasons.

4) Shanahan led a second team to a Super Bowl, this time as the Head Coach. Quinn was hoping Raheem Morris could save him his job.

Just now, MAD597 said:

Add TD to that equation of failure

I am ambivalent towards TD. He is unarguably challenged at OL/DL picks. His signings are often idiotic as well: Sam Baker, Carpenter, Brown, extending Julio with 2 years still left and at age 30, are just prominent examples of bad contracts.

But he clearly has a keen eye for skill position talent. Can we do better? Probably. Can we do worse? Absolutely.

19 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

1) Wrong. He absolutely did not lead us to a Super Bowl. Kyle Shanahan's historically great #1 offense led us to a Super Bowl. Dan Quinn's mid-to-lower 20 ranked defense was just dragged along for the ride.

2) Unfortunately, there was no way feasible to replace Quinn after 2016 with Shanahan. It would have been foolish at the time. But with hindsight, it was clearly a "should-have/but-couldn't" move.

3) Shanahan blew one play. Quinn has mismanaged entire games for multiple seasons.

4) Shanahan led a second team to a Super Bowl, this time as the Head Coach. Quinn was hoping Raheem Morris could save him his job.

Quinn was over the entire team, not Shanny. Quinn made adjustments after the bye back in 2016 that had the defense and the team overall playing much better on their run to the SB.

Hindsight doesn't work. If that was the case then a king's ransom should've been thrown at Belichick's feet when he wanted out of NY(Jets).

Shanahan blew an entire drive and open the floodgates for the Pats to make the comeback by not running the ball in SB 51.

If credit Shanahan with leading the Falcons to the SB back in 2016, then you have to credit Niners DC Robert Saleh with that incredible defense because that team wouldn't had gotten to this year's SB without him.

.......oh, and Shanahan became pass happy once again in this year's SB down the stretch and played a huge role in losing yet another SB.

36 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

No you wouldn’t it’s all big talk on a MB.I’d put money on it if I had the ability to put you in a room with the mentioned I bet you’d be a hush puppy.

Don’t explain facts I already no,did you not read the FIRST sentence of my original posts.

As for the first v second half of the season is the question isn’t it we all want the answer to that one.DQ and co are about to give us thee answer if this season ever even happens.

1 hour ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

All this talk of a 5th.. guys we traded it in the Hurst trade. Currently have:

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

4th

7th

Wed likely need to trade a 3rd, 4th and future 3rd or 4th if a team is in need of picks. If we could keep our 2nd and do the above I'd be down for Simmons, Brown, Kinlaw, or Okudah

Only Chase Young is worth a hefty trade up in this draft.

Im not on the Simmons train at all.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

No you wouldn’t it’s all big talk on a MB I’d put money on it if I had the ability to put you in a room I’d bet you’d be a hush puppy.

Don’t explain facts I already no,did you not read the FIRST sentence of my original posts.

As for the first v second half of the season is the question isn’t it we all want the answer to that one.DQ and co are about to give us thee answer if this season ever even happens.

You don't know me. I enjoy confrontation. But how much money are we talking? I'll double it if you can arrange a meeting (extremely unlikely even in the best of times). Or pay for an ad in the AJC, and I'll put my name and cell phone number under that critique of Quinn.

Putup or shut up.

Just now, Roanoke Falcon said:

You don't know me. I enjoy confrontation. But how much money are we talking? I'll double it if you can arrange a meeting (extremely unlikely even in the best of times). Or pay for an ad in the AJC, and I'll put my name and cell phone number under that critique of Quinn.

Putup or shut up.

Whatever go to the Branch if or when they have pre season and call him what your sprouting here I bet you don’t.

Don’t be one of these guys who yell it from the stands or from a distance put up of shut up you reckon.

I guarantee you wouldn’t do it.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Whatever go to the Branch if or when they have pre season and call him what your sprouting here I bet you don’t.

Don’t be one of these guys who yell it from the stands or from a distance put up of shut up you reckon.

I guarantee you wouldn’t do it.

I live in Texas. I've never been to Atlanta. The Falcons games I have seen were in Tampa, because I lived in Orlando until recently.

So no: I am not going halfway across the country to satisfy you. I will, as quite a reasonable option, attach my name, picture, and cell phone number to what I said in the AJC. You said you would bet money? Here's your chance. All it will cost you is them money for an ad.

4 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I live in Texas. I've never been to Atlanta. The Falcons games I have seen were in Tampa, because I lived in Orlando until recently.

So no: I am not going halfway across the country to satisfy you. I will, as quite a reasonable option, attach my name, picture, and cell phone number to what I said in the AJC. You said you would bet money? Here's your chance. All it will cost you is them money for an ad.

Not satisfying me at all.Your big talking saying that he’s a coward and what not and want to put ads in a paper to call this guy out.Like he’s going to travel to where you are.

You got the beef with this guy your the one calling him a COWARD on a fan MB to me that’s chicken little if you can’t straight up say it to the mans face  all this is to me is noise.

If your a man and like you say walk it like your talking it I’d be doing it in person not through a conduit man to man.

2 hours ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Two reasons.

1. Quinn
  2. Koetter

Case closed.

Dude all you do is complain about the team, why even bother show up here? Just a broken record that no one cares about.