Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

NFL.com mock has us trading up to 11 for Simmons

Posted (edited)

Chad Reuters new 4 round mock has Simmons dropping to 11, us using a 3rd to trade up(possibly 5th and/or 7th as well/not in mock), then getting Marlon Davidson for a DT spot in round 2. Will go back and look to see who he has us getting in 4th. 

Id love the idea if we kept a 2nd amd our 4ths, but wed HAVE to get a CB in round 2. 

I could see us trading up for Simmons if he drops, or Okudah. We need a CB and SLB in the WORST way. Either pkayer would transform our defense. Coverage is needed since Tom Brady and Emmanuel Sanders are now in the NFC south. 

EDIT: Khalid Kareem EDGE Notre Dame and Kynn Bowden WR Kentucky in 4th. 

Edited by LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I'd give up our 3rd round pick in a heart beat for Simmons. I still can't see him falling out of the top 10. 

Same, but could see us moving up to 7-10 range for Simmons or Okudah. After them, CJ Henderson, Chaisson, Fulton, Baun and Jaylon Johnson are my targets. Johnson, Fulton, and Johnson could be had in a trade back, or trade up from our 2nd round pick possibly. 

1 minute ago, RazorWing said:

If they move up. Its for kinlaw. Td said we need more gamewreckers. Getting another disruptive dt besides grady will definitely wreck alot plays. More than and olb would. Kinlaw and grady will make life miserable for brees and brady. 

If Simmons fell to 11, TD would be tempted. He paired with Debo would be the definition of game wreckers.

1 minute ago, RazorWing said:

If they move up. Its for kinlaw. Td said we need more gamewreckers. Getting another disruptive dt besides grady will definitely wreck alot plays. More than and olb would. Kinlaw and grady will make life miserable for brees and brady. 

I do not disagree with you, and Kinlaw is my favorite.....but Simmons sure does look good.....

17 minutes ago, RazorWing said:

Simmons is a game wrecker. He can play anywhere and everywhere. He can rush, cover and stop the run.

We are not one piece away. Keep the picks so we don't have four selections in the draft.

The time to pick from 10 to 14 would have been to drop that game against the Bucs. Still can't believe their kicker missed 3 kicks.

1 hour ago, quotemokc said:

I don't see a world where Simmons gets past the Panthers who just lost Keuchly.

I think it's more of a possibility than people think.

Panthers just traded their young perennial Pro Bowl OG Trai Turner to the Chargers for Russell Okung and lost their former Pro Bowl OT Daryl Williams in FA to the Bills.

Panthers need to solidify that o-line to protect their new 20 mil a year QB Bridgewater and open lanes for their best player CMC.

Posted (edited)

Can’t see how a 3rd and 5th gets it done. Maybe our 1st and 2nd and get a 3rd in return to me is the best hopeful scenario.

You can then package those two 3rd round picks off to jump back in to the 2nd. Based if the value chart that could possibly gets us back in the 52-55 pick range.

That would leave us with two 4ths and a 7th.

Edited by 32wood84white

12 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Would take more than a 3rd and a 5th

If the Falcon really want to get a top defensive playmaker like a Young(will be very expensive) Okudah, or Simmons then they may consider using their 2021 1st.

I'm on the fence about that, but if they believe they'll be good enough for that to become a very late 1st rounder next season then it may be worth it.

Regardless, a good player at a position of need will fall to us. 

If the panthers pass on Thomas from UGA you think he’s worth trading up for?

12 minutes ago, NUPE said:

Regardless, a good player at a position of need will fall to us. 

If the panthers pass on Thomas from UGA you think he’s worth trading up for?

No.

Theres only a couple of guys you go up for Chase Young and Isaiah Simmons.

2 hours ago, quotemokc said:

I don't see a world where Simmons gets past the Panthers who just lost Keuchly.

I do they could get a guy like Kenneth Murray who fits what Keuchly used to do.Myself I don’t think we’ll go up because I’ve heard in the pressers Ulbrich say he loves the LBing talent in this draft class.If this is the case we don’t need to go and grab Simmons.

Before FA we had a lot of draft picks and now they are being eaten away. We got ALOT of holes on this team and what we reall need to do is trade back into the 20's in rd 1 and collect some more picks.

Posted (edited)

All this talk of a 5th.. guys we traded it in the Hurst trade. Currently have:

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

4th

7th

Wed likely need to trade a 3rd, 4th and future 3rd or 4th if a team is in need of picks. If we could keep our 2nd and do the above I'd be down for Simmons, Brown, Kinlaw, or Okudah

Edited by FalconsAllDayUrDay

37 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

If the Falcon really want to get a top defensive playmaker like a Young(will be very expensive) Okudah, or Simmons then they may consider using their 2021 1st.

Absolutely not. This is going to be yet another lost season under Cowardly Clueless Quinn's mismanagement. Why hamstring whoever our next coach is going to be, by trading away their first round draft pick?