Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lju713

Did our DB coach, Joe Whitt hint at our possible DB targets in this draft?

I watched his press conference. He said he likes his units to "pull the ball away from people". I know that's via int or strip the ball out. So it made me wonder, if certain DB in this draft class, were targeted by our brass. Henderson, McKinney,Dugger, Winfield,Hall,and Amir Robertson all strike me as those type.

Fulton reminds me of Tru. Technically savvy, but lacks that play making gene. From the sounds of it we are looking play makers at CB and S.

Agreed. Would love Henderson Rd1, Gladney or Hall Rd2, Robertson Rd4 (with a possible double dip. Not three CBs taken). All possess great ball skills and would have the chance to start outside or inside year 1.

Still not sold on drafting a S as I high as we'd need to for McKinney, Winfield, or Dugger but I really like all three, especially Winfield. Add Jeremy Chinn into that bunch too

Speaking with the media on the subject at the scouting combine in Indianapolis, general manager Thomas Dimitroff said you can’t have too many of them, per the Athletic.

“You can never have too many corners — within reason, of course. . . Unfortunately, some of the corners go down, and you’re going to have to have people step up. Back to this being a matchup league, if you don’t have adept corners out there who can not only cover but make plays on balls, which is a really important thing, then you can be run roughshod by other teams who understand that.”

It’s not a stretch to say the Falcons will definitely be looking closely at cornerback prospects throughout the combine. How aggressively they pursue the position may depend on how high they are on Isaiah Oliver. A second-round pick in 2018, Oliver had no more success than the team’s other cornerbacks. However, he does still have potential.

Please stop mentioning Henderson. This team has tried to shake the soft label for years and drafting a guy in the first round who hates contact would not be doing any favors.

2 hours ago, lju713 said:

I watched his press conference. He said he likes his units to "pull the ball away from people". I know that's via int or strip the ball out. So it made me wonder, if certain DB in this draft class, were targeted by our brass. Henderson, McKinney,Dugger, Winfield,Hall,and Amir Robertson all strike me as those type.

Fulton reminds me of Tru. Technically savvy, but lacks that play making gene. From the sounds of it we are looking play makers at CB and S.

I think you got Henderson in the wrong group if you want a PBU guy Henderson’s it.I like Fultons chances n the INT stakes because I believe he has better route recognition.

2 hours ago, lju713 said:

Gladney