Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GATXBOI

Plausible realistic trade up

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Now sitting here watching NFL network and I was thinking what if we were to trade our 47 and 78 picks to the dolphins for 26.

Take Chaisson at 16 and take Gallimore or Blacklock at 26 same as last year fortify the front with two 5 year options 

Thoughts?

Edited by GATXBOI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Now sitting here watching NFL network and I was thinking what if we were to trade our 47 and 78 picks to the dolphins for 26.

Take Chaisson at 16 and take Gallimore or Blacklock at 26 same as last year fortify the front with two 5 year options 

Thoughts?

I think I'd probably rather trade back unless they really, really, really want Derek Brown or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Because Blacklock or Madubuike will be there at 47th IMO.  If we move up for Delpit, McKinney or Winnfield, do be it.  
 

But I would be just as happy drafting Chaisson, Madubuike then Chinn in the 3rd

Blacklock been going in the late 1st round in alot of mock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn’t be enough value wise to jump that high, would need to throw in both ours 4ths this year or our 2nd next year to get us to jump those 21 spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Rings said:

It wouldn’t be enough value wise to jump that high, would need to throw in both ours 4ths this year or our 2nd next year to get us to jump those 21 spots.

It's definitely enough value because they have 11 picks it's more value in the 2nd or 3rd but our window of opportunity is now that's why you trade up late in the first

Edited by GATXBOI
Since1990 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

That would be me..lol.  You know I hate that

I also conducted a trade with the chargers for their 93rd picks for our 4b and 7th pick

So now we have

16  Chaisson 

26  DT/CB 

93  CB/DT 

119 BPA

3 starters and 1 depth

Edited by GATXBOI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense...it isn’t a Falcons draft if TD doesn’t trade a 2nd or 3rd away! :munch:
 

also, TD at the thought of adding two more first rounders to his collection -:slick: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GATXBOI said:

It's definitely enough value because they have 11 picks it's more value in the 2nd or 3rd but our window of opportunity is now that's why you trade up late in the first

That’s not how that works, how many picks they have is irrelevant.  Last year the trade we made was #45 (131) & #79 (57) for #31 (190) a 2 point difference.  The trade you are proposing is #47 (124) & #78 (59) for #26 (223), which we are short 40 points.  Both our 4ths would be worth another 36 points, or you would need to tap into next year and give up a 2nd and get their third in return, something like that to make up the difference.  

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think I'd probably rather trade back unless they really, really, really want Derek Brown or something.

I look at it like this all of the top 5 DTs have one thing in common not as much Gallimore but length. Every one wanted a gerald McCoy or N.Suh... this Is your chance to get one finally with two first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rings said:

That’s not how that works, how many picks they have is irrelevant.  Last year the trade we made was #45 (131) & #79 (57) for #31 (190) a 2 point difference.  The trade you are proposing is #47 (124) & #78 (59) for #26 (223), which we are short 40 points.  Both our 4ths would be worth another 36 points, or you would need to tap into next year and give up a 2nd and get their third in return, something like that to make up the 

I tried that your right I even took it away and miami still accepted the trade that's all I'm saying

Rings likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Rings said:

What are you using?

Nflmockdatabase.com and hand to God it was not on free for all

Edited by GATXBOI
Rings likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GATXBOI said:

Nflmockdatabase.com

everyone give it a shot see what you come out with

That site may allow it, but a team that is stock piling high picks and getting value in them wouldn’t do it.  Wasn’t trying to be rude, just give an accurate snapshot of what it would take to move up there, which would be almost the rest of our draft class, and that is very different from just a third like last year.  Crazy the difference a few spots make at the end of the first round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GATXBOI said:

Nflmockdatabase.com and hand to God it was not on free for all

Hahaha didn’t know that was an option.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rings said:

That site may allow it, but a team that is stock piling high picks and getting value in them wouldn’t do it.  Wasn’t trying to be rude, just give an accurate snapshot of what it would take to move up there, which would be almost the rest of our draft class, and that is very different from just a third like last year.  Crazy the difference a few spots make at the end of the first round.

Most def, that's what TATF is for. So we can come together collectively and talk about dem Falcons

Rings likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I say no because  Blacklock or Madubuike will be there at 47th IMO.  If we move up for Delpit, McKinney or Winnfield, so be it.  
 

But I would be just as happy drafting Chaisson, Madubuike then Chinn in the 3rd

Winfield Jr !

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0