Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

NFL’s Top 10 Riivalries

12 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ll just drop this poop reading material here...apparently Falcons/Saints isn’t a worthy rivalry

To be fair, I wouldn't poop on the Dolphins and Patriots necessarily. Tom Brady has a 7-11 away record vs the Dolphins and none of those years the Dolphins have been good. So by the way that we define our rivalry with the Saints, in that how good the teams are don't matter it's always a battle, you can describe the Dolphins vs Pats the same way these past 20 years. On the flip side I believe he is 23-11 against them overall.

Where the artical is inconsistent is that based on the reading it seems it's talking about 2020 upcoming top NFL rivalries and not overall because it's only explanation for choosing Bucs vs Saints is because of Brady vs Brees.

He can't choose Pats vs Dolphins because of the past and Bucs vs Saints because of the future. At this moment nobody gives two sh1ts about Dolphins vs Pats next year. Now really the most egregious "rivalry" on this list is Redskins vs Panthers which is another choice based on the future in that Ron Rivera is now the coach there.

2 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

This isn't really about rivalries, more about division match ups he's looking forward to. The animosity between franchises is secondary here.

It's not division. Redskins vs Panthers is the first one on the list and Packers vs 49ers 2nd.

It's an list that's supposed to be about 2020. He's just inconsistent with his reasoning for each choice.

13 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I would not even watch half those games.

.• Redskins vs Panthers = pass

• Cowboys vs Giants = no thx

• Chargers vs Rams .= wtf

• NE vs Miami = who gives a **** 

I'd love to watch the Skins beat the panthers tho. Everything else I'll pass 

Number 1. This list is mostly ridiculous. 
Number 2. I get Michael Thomas is a big time WR in the NFL. He’s not the best. He goes silent in the playoffs and for all those catches, his average was 11.6. When Julio put up 136 catches his average was 13.8 and he had more yards than Thomas on 13 fewer catches.

Hopkins is obviously a stud as well, but best WR in the NFL is and will continue to be Julio. Also Julio have never averaged less than 13.8 while Michael Thomas has never averaged more than 12.4. Julio does work all over the field consistently.

You will have a hard time finding two organizations, fan bases, and players that just hate each other as much the Falcons and Saints do. 

Falcons and Saints players on Twitter go at it all the time. Just look at Gurley's post thanking LA for his time there. It was no coincidence that he picked a picture with the Rams/Saints score in the background. Then look at Cam Jordan's crying on social media. 

I literally hate those guys.

No one outside of NO or ATL has ever...EVER...considered the Saints-Falcons to be a good rivalry, especially because, well, you know, everyone in the south is either inbred, low-rent, or otherwise re.tarded, and we're just automatically inferior to people from the north, so not worthy of consideration.  

Also, for the first four decades of their existence, neither team could punch its way out of a wet paper sack, so there's an attitude that two bad teams are incapable of having a rivalry.  

That's not my thinking...but it's the way the "experts" see things, believe me.  

*I can't believe this board censors the word "re.tarded", as if it's profane or something.  LMFAO. It's a legitimate word with various definitions.  

Like everyone else has said, horrible list.  This has a ton of recency bias in it, which is not what a rivalry is at all.  I don’t hate the Saints because of last season, it’s decades in the making.  The fact that #1 isn’t even a Division Rival and they use last season as the only example shows how bad this list is.

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

No one outside of NO or ATL has ever...EVER...considered the Saints-Falcons to be a good rivalry, especially because, well, you know, everyone in the south is either inbred, low-rent, or otherwise re.tarded, and we're just automatically inferior to people from the north, so not worthy of consideration.  

Also, for the first four decades of their existence, neither team could punch its way out of a wet paper sack, so there's an attitude that two bad teams are incapable of having a rivalry.  

*I can't believe this board censors the word "re.tarded", as if it's profane or something.  LMFAO. It's a legitimate word with various definitions.  

That isn’t true, I live in Ohio and a lot of people here know it.  Have even talked about that’s why it was a repeat Thanksgiving Day game before.  They also know it because of every time they play the station feels the need to show the blocked punt in the super dome at least once per broadcast.

11 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

1. Packers vs Bear

2. Raiders vs Chargers

3. Cowboys vs Giants

4. Miami vs New England

5. Atlanta vs New Orleans

6. Miami vs NY Jets

7. San Fran vs Packers

8. Dallas vs. San Fran

9. Pitts vs Baltimore

10. Tenn vs Houston

Real football rivalries. People get killed in Oakland/San Diego games what yall talking about. At least in Atlanta/New Orleans game we all drink together after the fight, like fighting your brother. 

Overall good list.  Browns/Steelers is up there too, although it’s been pretty one sided for a while, Browns fans HATE Pitt just like we hate the Saints.

27 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Sports Illustrated nails it....

NFL's Best Rivalry: Saints-Falcons, A Hate Week Like No Other

The Who Dat Nation hates the Atlanta Falcons.  The Brotherhood hates the New Orleans Saints.  Saints-Falcons is the best rivalry in the NFL.
By Kyle T. Mosley , Nov 5, 2019

During Saints-Falcons game week, the two major Southern cities with rich histories and cultures forge a deep-seeded dislike for one another.  Much like a college rivalry.  There are college rivalries, but this has to be the best existing rivalry within the NFL.  No mutual respect and love will reside within the hearts and minds of Saints and Falcons fans this week.

32 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Sports Illustrated nails it....

NFL's Best Rivalry: Saints-Falcons, A Hate Week Like No Other

The Who Dat Nation hates the Atlanta Falcons.  The Brotherhood hates the New Orleans Saints.  Saints-Falcons is the best rivalry in the NFL.
By Kyle T. Mosley , Nov 5, 2019

During Saints-Falcons game week, the two major Southern cities with rich histories and cultures forge a deep-seeded dislike for one another.  Much like a college rivalry.  There are college rivalries, but this has to be the best existing rivalry within the NFL.  No mutual respect and love will reside within the hearts and minds of Saints and Falcons fans this week.

When my wife and I started dating she was going to pick a team so she could watch football with me, after looking into it and cities she liked she narrowed it down to the Raiders and Saints.  I told her if she picked the Saints we were done, she laughed and then realized I was being serious.  Fast forward seven years, she still wears her Raider’s shirt (and quite a few Falcons ones to be supportive) and she now joins in on the Saints hate.  Whenever they show Sean Payton she always asks “Why are his lips always pursed like that, he looks like such a prissy b!itch!”

Just now, Rings said:

When my wife and I started dating she was going to pick a team so she could watch football with me, after looking into it and cities she liked she narrowed it down to the Raiders and Saints.  I told her if she picked the Saints we were done, she laughed and then realized I was being serious.  Fast forward seven years, she still wears her Raider’s shirt (and quite a few Falcons ones to be supportive) and she now joins in on the Saints hate.  Whenever they show Sean Payton she always asks “Why are his lips always pursed like that, he looks like such a prissy b!itch!”

Nice...

So your wife was asking a rhetorical question I see...lol

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Nice...

So your wife was asking a rhetorical question I see...lol

Her two biggest frustrations in football are Sean Payton’s lips and the Cowboys sea foam green pants. 

Cowboys fans hate and talk about the Eagles more than they do the Giants. 

Falcons Saints is probably the best or one of the best Rivalries in Football. I wouldnt be surprised if this continues this season, although I could see DQ messing this up and allowing the division to come down to Bucs vs Saints. 

Chiefs fans hate the Chargers alot more than the Ravens, and the hate is real. If the chargers draft Herbert I could see this rivalry continue. 

Cardinals and 49ers isnt even a thing yet. The real rivalry is the 9ers and Seahawks in that division. 

Unfortunately this isn't that surprising, I read an article this morning about the best and worst FA signings of each team and our worst was Peerless Price...

A lot of people just don't pay attention to the Falcons.  But really I think the issue here is that he used the word rivalry different than we actually use it.  You wouldn't typically use the word rivalry when talking about an scenarios specific to one season.  That, by definition, is not a rivalry but an interesting match up. 

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’d like to add Seahawks lime colored uni’s...or the abortion known as Steelers throwback uni’s.  The irony of this pic

Antonio-Brown-Gregory-Shamus-Getty-Image

Those bumble bee jerseys are the worst.

21 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

What a crock of ****.

dolphins pats isn’t a rivalry...it’s one shiot team getting their ***** kicked by a great team for 2 decades lol.

Then again, it’s Adam Ranks stupid ***, so I’m not surprised.

From this article I'm not at all sure he knows what rivalries actually are.

24 minutes ago, direwolf said:

Surprised no one mentioned Chiefs-Raiders. Goes back a long way and those games were riddled with cheap shots and intentional injuries for years!

You can really mix and match any team in that division and the rivalry is strong. Same goes for NFCE and AFCN to a degree.