I Even Bleed Red

I know this is going to be a unpopular opinion but I'm popular for those

77 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I'll go a step further.  They won't win another Super Bowl together.  

 

To be honest, that could be a very strong possibility.

 

Reid finally got his SB to validate his legacy, but I still don't see him all of a sudden becoming a dynasty establishing HC.

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tampa Bays going to be a force because they got a good HC in Bruce Arians I bet you anything he’s the guy attracting a guy like Brady too Tampa.

The guys just a good coach.

Meh. Arians is pretty good and Brady is a tough QB, but they ain't all that. I'm going to go on record right now predicting they lose at least one game this year.  :(

Realsurfin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Bucs are going to be problematic this season, but it's not because of Tom Brady, it's because of Todd Bowles. Dude was a terrible head coach, but is a really great defensive coordinator. In fact, Suh didn't resign with the Bucs because of Brady. Suh re-signed with the Bucs because he said he wanted to continue working with Bowles. 

Arians is no slouch at running an offense either. Brady is obviously going to be an upgrade over Winston, but he's not going to have that great offensive line he's used to having. And another thing is that old QBs getting cut by their original team don't always have a great track record after they sign on another team. Brady is also the oldest to do it. 43. 

I'd be a lot more concerned if Belichick went to the Bucs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What SB winning QB has won another SB when they went to another team?And no dynasty,except the ugh49ers did anything when their winning QB left,some did,some never have!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I actually think the Saints will finish 3rd place. I'm glad Brady is here because it forced Thomas Dimitroff to be more aggressive in free agency. Also we get 2 more chances to beat Tom Brady.

And two more times each year to see clips and be reminded of 28-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

No, Philly fans are the worst in every sport, always. It's like they TRY to be baboons, I don't get those mother****ers at all.

Eaglets are awful in stadiums, but nowhere near what Suc fans were like when they were winning in 2002. Trust me.

I wish I could find the troll guide chart someone put together back then. Classic. If anyone has a copy please post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

The 2002 Tampa Bay Bucs had an all-time historic defense that stopped offenses and scored when their below average offense couldn't.

 

They currently don't have that down in Tampa. Let's see how well a soon to be 43 year old Brady adjust to playing for the Bucs in his first year before we start acting like the Bucs are the next SB bound flavor of the year.

 

Also, Jerry Jones must be pissed that Brady to Bucs has made many of the media forget about the Cowboys as the usual SB hype train.

They aren't on the 2002 defense's level but they have a good run defense and can generate takeaways. 

The front seven is stout with Shaq Barrett, JPP, Suh, Vita Vea, Lavonte and Devin White. Decent young corners too.

They could add a couple more pieces on the back end and really turn a corner under Bowles who is pretty good.

Still have a fair amount of cap space and draft capital. With Brady in town, I suspect they will be way better than TATF is thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

They aren't on the 2002 defense's level but they have a good run defense and can generate takeaways. 

The front seven is stout with Shaq Barrett, JPP, Suh, Vita Vea, Lavonte and Devin White. Decent young corners too.

They could add a couple more pieces on the back end and really turn a corner under Bowles who is pretty good.

Still have a fair amount of cap space and draft capital. With Brady in town, I suspect they will be way better than TATF is thinking.

 

Overall the Bucs are still going to ride or die with how well Brady plays. He didn't look good in his last game as a Patriot. He will have to prove that he can still be good enough to win and not be on a noticable decline at age 43.

 

Remember, Belichick tends to get rid of his really good player a year or so early than too late. We'll have to see if Brady was just another casualty of the Belichick Patriot's way, or was Brady just forced out the door in NE just because of a rift that boiled over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Overall the Bucs are still going to ride or die with how well Brady plays. He didn't look good in his last game as a Patriot. He will have to prove that he can still be good enough to win and not be on a noticable decline at age 43.

 

Remember, Belichick tends to get rid of his really good player a year or so early than too late. We'll have to see if Brady was just another casualty of the Belichick Patriot's way, or was Brady just forced out the door in NE just because of a rift that boiled over.

Or he and his wifey wanted warmer weather and hang with Trump at Mar Largo.  Good fishing... Beaches.  After 6 rings what does he have to prove to New England.  And Tampa is less hectic than Jacksonville and Miami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Or he and his wifey wanted warmer weather and hang with Trump at Mar Largo.  Good fishing... Beaches.  After 6 rings what does he have to prove to New England.  And Tampa is less hectic than Jacksonville and Miami.

 

If that was the case, then Brady would've retired and bought a house in Florida.

 

I have a feeling that Belichick is the reason why Brady is no longer in New England. You're right that Brady doesn't have anything to prove to anyone, but I think he wants to prove something to himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Brady is what...43 years old. People acting like he is in his prime. Stop living in the past. Falcons should not be afraid of anyone. 

Tune out media hoopla and watch and form your own opinion. 

Everyone surprised Cam not signed yet. All the media people can't figure it out. Not a surprise to me. Watch and think. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

 

 

 

Maybe when it comes to stats. But being the greatest of all time is a combination of both stats and success.

 

I don't think some realize the magnitude of what Brady has done during his time with the Pats.

 

Brady is the only QB in NFL history with both a 5th and 6th SB ring. He has spent literally half of his career in SBs and most of his career in Conference Championship games. Those things have never been done before ever. That will more than likely never happen again in our lifetimes.

 

Also, Andy Reid isn't Bill Belichick. I think Reid and Mahomes can win another SB or 2 together, but in no way do I see an Andy Reid coached team all of a sudden becoming an all-time great dynasty.

points well taking

DonOfThemBirds likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

If that was the case, then Brady would've retired and bought a house in Florida.

 

I have a feeling that Belichick is the reason why Brady is no longer in New England. You're right that Brady doesn't have anything to prove to anyone, but I think he wants to prove something to himself.

Tom is a working guy.  Does not mean he isn't for the warmer weather and beaches.  He can play anywhere.. and since he is not greedy with contracts I am sure he is looking to have fun down here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Tom is a working guy.  Does not mean he isn't for the warmer weather and beaches.  He can play anywhere.. and since he is not greedy with contracts I am sure he is looking to have fun down here.

 

It's obvious that wants to prove something to himself.

 

Probably that he can win without Belichick. Belichick also may have wanted to move on from Brady. Brady could've easily went back home to California and joined the Chargers in LA if he just wanted nice weather and beaches to play out his last 2-3 seasons.

 

Players of Brady's status just don't change up like this at the very end of their career unless forced to. Same happened to Montana, Farve, and Peyton. All of them were forced to go elsewhere to finish their careers despite wanting to retire where they made their names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

Might be like when we were in the west conference.  Getting our a$$es kicked.

All the freakin time! SF owned us then! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

It's obvious that wants to prove something to himself.

 

Probably that he can win without Belichick. Belichick also may have wanted to move on from Brady. Brady could've easily went back home to California and joined the Chargers in LA if he just wanted nice weather and beaches to play out his last 2-3 seasons.

 

Players of Brady's status just don't change up like this at the very end of their career unless forced to. Same happened to Montana, Farve, and Peyton. All of them were forced to go elsewhere to finish their careers despite wanting to retire where they made their names.

Don't know if you have been down here but tampa is a happening place.  Lots of entertainment and sports.  Baseball included. Spring training and such.  Why would he go to calif?  He is an east coaster.  Traffic is better here anyway.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Don't know if you have been down here but tampa is a happening place.  Lots of entertainment and sports.  Baseball included. Spring training and such.  Why would he go to calif?  He is an east coaster.  Traffic is better here anyway.:D

 

I've been to Tampa before. Lost all my d*** money down there at the Hard Rock Casino lol.

 

Brady was born and raised in California. He only played college and pro football on the east coast. That was why so many thought Brady would go to the Chargers. He's a California boy and grew up a Niners fan. He was even in the crowd during "the catch" game when he was a little boy.

 

tom-brady-candlestick-thecatch.jpg

 

That's little Tommy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of the OPs premise is based on an incorrect assumption. People love routing for the every man who becomes a champion. That's why people loved Brady over Manning. It wasn't until a decade and a bunch of rings later that it began to flip. 

Suh was in TB before. He's there because if $$ and fit.

As much of New England's dominance had to do with the ineptitude of the AFC east, as much as the greatness of NE. Plus, they had the benefit of having an all world QB on the cheap.

Brady is great and may have a great season. The Bucs D is legit and their receivers are dangerous. However, this is the most competitive division in which Brady has ever had to compete. He's old and will drop off eventually. And, while he won't give it up like Jameis, he also isn't able to push the ball down the field like Jameis. 

Will they run a Brady offense or an Arians offense? BA got it done with Warner at the end if his career so I do not doubt him. It is just unknown how well everything comes together year one in a highly competitive division.

However, on the topic of loyalty, there can be no misinterpretation. You play in the NFC south, I can respect you but I will not like anything you do; that isn't getting your butt beat by the Falcons. Save all that other stuff for his HoF induction ceremony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been 4 QBs that have played at 43 or over. Here's their stats:

2 years Moon 0/1 16/37 228/1/1
2 years Testaverde 2/4 96/175/981 6/6
DeBerg 0/1 30/59/ 369/ 3/1
Flutie 0/0 5/10/ 50/0/0

totaled together:

 2/6  won loss  147/281 att/comps 1628 yards 10/8 TD/INT 69 QB rating

 Only Testaverde started more than 1  game, he only started 6 games.

Yeah, Brady is the GOAT, he'll put up better numbers than those 4, but, officially not worrying about him until he actually shows he can be the first 43 year old QB to start 16 games, win more than he loses, and put up good numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady is going to quickly find out how life is without Bill Belicheck. He’s no spring chicken to start over like this and not miss a beat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 3/25/2020 at 10:43 PM, falconfan5832 said:

TB's gonna get get hit and sacked more then hes used to.Thats BAs offense,plus their O line isnt that good.

I remember hearing that their o-line sucked last year and I don't think we laid a finger on Jameis.  He threw some picks, sure, but I'm not sure if that was because of pressure from us?  That one fateful pick he threw though, dropped us down like 4 draft picks or so.  Yay!!!!

Edited by Mescalito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

I've been to Tampa before. Lost all my d*** money down there at the Hard Rock Casino lol.

 

Brady was born and raised in California. He only played college and pro football on the east coast. That was why so many thought Brady would go to the Chargers. He's a California boy and grew up a Niners fan. He was even in the crowd during "the catch" game when he was a little boy.

 

tom-brady-candlestick-thecatch.jpg

 

That's little Tommy lol

Today I learned: Michigan is "East Coast".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Today I learned: Michigan is "East Coast".

 

I meant eastern US for Michigan.

 

Either way, Brady is a California boy was my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now