Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GATXBOI

2020 Mock after fa signings

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What's up everyone front office making noise in free agency it's been really NOICE.

NOW HERE IS MY MOCK OF WHAT I COULD SEE HAPPENING.

16 Kinlaw...chaisson was on the board.. big fan but come on no question.

47 Terrell Lewis big edge

78 Brooks... got us another LB great move Harrison was gone and I think the filter will stop us from signing Gay Jr

119 Brooks safety out of Texas similar to Neal 

143 Bryant CB out of Washington.... in cool with Oliver and Sheffield on the outside.. Bryant comes in at NB.

228 Cervenka IOL from Clemson championship pedigree lineman. 

rb thru udfa 

Thoughts?

Edited by GATXBOI
blizzard_falcon likes this

2 LBers is off the table for me.

I think adding Reynolds has culled a double dip.

It comes down to how the board falls I can still see DB @16 myself.

Ive also listen to Ulbrich talk LBers and he loves the talent in the draft I gotta sneaking suspicion we aren’t even looking there early.

Here’s mine

chaison or k9 at 16...both rangy...Whoever can bring the better rush gets my nod

trade next years 2nd, 3rd and 5th if necessary to get a pick between in the early 20s

use that pick on Henderson, uf

47 Ruiz or cberry lsu 

trade our 5 6 and a pick next year (5th might do it) for a pick in the 50s - 60s

use that pick on Zuniga, uf

78 gay jr

7th hotrod, uga

oughta give gjarrett help on 3rd down (slide Zuniga inside) and will let us know if we have anything in takk with lb and occasional dt (Zuniga) help rushing. With Fowler and debo, no way y’all sees anything but 1v1 blocking. If he can’t win that...bust and move on. Also gives us a new 1cb, lets up keep kazee at fs and gives us lg competition/Mack insurance/understudy. I know it hurts next year, but either we progress this year or we likely blow it up next year anyway. I think this goes a long way to fixing personnel issues...but I personally am no fan of koetter so I doubt it’ll matter. What y’all think?

Knight of God likes this

this going to be an interesting draft if Kenlaw is available you draft him, but all indication he will be gone before the falcons pick, if he is not there then you go after the best cb available, I just wish we could sign everson griffen or micheal bannitt but I think we don't have the money to do that, but kenlaw and grady would be nice, we got Brady in the division we need all the pass rushers we can get our hands on 

Desperate Quinn and TD.  Blank approaching 80 and pissed.  

I foresee a Julio Jones-type trade up.  We give away this year's 1st, 3rd and a 4th and also next year's 1st and second rounders.  

We take that one guy in the first five picks, a CB in the second.

The fan base pop their heads and then calm down and praise the move two weeks later.  

Posted (edited)

That kind of a trade up should only be for a guy like chase young 

Edited by falcons740

3 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

119 Brooks safety out of Texas similar to Neal 

Who??? What's his first name? 

1 hour ago, Augustadawgchop said:

Here’s mine

chaison or k9 at 16...both rangy...Whoever can bring the better rush gets my nod

trade next years 2nd, 3rd and 5th if necessary to get a pick between in the early 20s

use that pick on Henderson, uf

47 Ruiz or cberry lsu 

trade our 5 6 and a pick next year (5th might do it) for a pick in the 50s - 60s

use that pick on Zuniga, uf

78 gay jr

7th hotrod, uga

oughta give gjarrett help on 3rd down (slide Zuniga inside) and will let us know if we have anything in takk with lb and occasional dt (Zuniga) help rushing. With Fowler and debo, no way y’all sees anything but 1v1 blocking. If he can’t win that...bust and move on. Also gives us a new 1cb, lets up keep kazee at fs and gives us lg competition/Mack insurance/understudy. I know it hurts next year, but either we progress this year or we likely blow it up next year anyway. I think this goes a long way to fixing personnel issues...but I personally am no fan of koetter so I doubt it’ll matter. What y’all think?

Hey man. Are you from the AUG? I graduated from Butler

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Hey man. Are you from the AUG? I graduated from Butler

Why can't we just draft a pass rushing dt stop shooting big DEs inside

Knight of God likes this

4 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

78 Brooks... got us another LB great move Harrison was gone and I think the filter will stop us from signing Gay Jr

Found this nice write up on Jordyn Brooks

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/03/20/nfl-draft-prospects-2020-jordyn-brooks-texas-tech-interview/amp/

Every NFL defense needs a leader at the heart of the operation, a dynamic presence with both the physical and mental tools to propel the entire unit to success.

Texas Tech’s Jordyn Brooks has everything it takes to be that kind of player.

One of the most complete linebacker prospects in the 2020 NFL draft, Brooks recently spoke exclusively with Draft Wire about his experience at the NFL Scouting Combine, his rehab process as he works his way back from injury, and what kind of player he’ll be at the next level.

48 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I’ve been saying that since 2009

This is the year for a pass rushing DT seriously 

1 hour ago, GATXBOI said:

This is the year for a pass rushing DT seriously 

This is the year we better do more than just what we can. Boys do what they can, men do what they have to. We need playmakers at all three levels of defense TBH. Less is unacceptable and this is the year. No excuses. We can have a that DT, LB, and DB in the first three rounds if we’re not cute and/or stupid.

36 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

This is the year we better do more than just what we can. Boys do what they can, men do what they have to. We need playmakers at all three levels of defense TBH. Less is unacceptable and this is the year. No excuses. We can have a that DT, LB, and DB in the first three rounds if we’re not cute and/or stupid.

Totally agree like I stated in another thread take chaisson at 16... trade up between 30-40 giving up 47 and a 4th take Gallimore Blacklock Elliott take best press CB at 78. With this the team is set and just to be even more powerful take best true edge with last remaining 4th

Knight of God likes this

1 minute ago, GATXBOI said:

Totally agree like I stated in another thread take chaisson at 16... trade up between 30-40 giving up 47 and a 4th take Gallimore Blacklock Elliott take best press CB at 78. With this the team is set and just to be even more powerful take best true edge with last remaining 4th

I would prefer a safety to a CB, but to each his own. I just know that if you keep changing something and you find you’re having the same mediocre results, it may be something you really haven’t touched on

I think we go DB or Chaisson if he falls in round 1. My guess is we load up on defense in the first couple rounds, grab a dynamic running back, and take a project at guard.