Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
birdz4i

casserly's 2020 mock has us selecting....

I'm interested to know which talking heads and so called experts have correctly mocked our 1st pick under TD.  I think a lot had us picking Ryan and Matthews but other than that its' kinda been wrong for most of these pencil necks.  I could be totally wrong.  I haven't researched it.  Just going off following the team and seeing us pick someone different than the majority mock us to take.     

3 minutes ago, thamill said:

I'm interested to know which talking heads and so called experts have correctly mocked our 1st pick under TD.  I think a lot had us picking Ryan and Matthews but other than that its' kinda been wrong for most of these pencil necks.  I could be totally wrong.  I haven't researched it.  Just going off following the team and seeing us pick someone different than the majority mock us to take.     

First rounds have been a bit of an enigma for the most part. Neal was a surprise. Ridley was too. Hardly anyone saw Lindstrom coming and then the trade up for McGary was a shock too at the time.

Saying that, I think it's a safe bet this year that it'll be either CB, LB or DT with the first pick.

9 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I wouldn't cry about the pick because its a big position of need, but id prefer Terrell. He has better size and plays more aggressive. 

How does Terrell have better size?

Both listed at the combine 6'1. But Terrell weighed in at 195 lbs and Henderson weighed in almost 10 pounds heavier at 204 lbs.

Henderson also has slightly longer arms at 31 5/8 inches to Terrell's 31 1/4 inches.

Watching some of his film, it's nice to see how fluid he is with the blitzing piece, as Quinn/Morris liked to do that with Tru.  I'm would love to hear from some Gator fans if the rhetoric about him not being physical, especially in the run game, are accurate.  

Posted (edited)

Im trying to get in to him as a player but when I see him throttle down instead of chasing a ball carrier down or run out of frame instead of towards the action I just get turned off to him.

Those are the same business decisions Trufant started making after his injury. Our scheme relies on solid open field tackling, limiting YAC. We cant have a guy out on the edge who wont be aggressive closing in on the ball carrier.

If Chaisson is off the board, I will get over it and accept Henderson. If we pass on Chaisson for Henderson like I just saw in Priscos mock I will be royally upset. 

Based on every mock I see the draft boards has Chaisson and Henderson as the two guys we are most likely to walk away with at 16

Edited by LightningDawg58

21 minutes ago, thamill said:

A lot of folks had us picking Beasley.  Not sure beyond that many, if any, have correctly guessed.

I think maybe between Ryan and Matthews a lot of folks had us picking Spoon?

Don’t like it.  Henderson hasn’t necessarily done anything to be gushing over at pick 16.

Give me Dantzler in the 2nd.  Great height.  Little skinny but willingly makes tackles. Understands route development.  Similar stats. Only dantzler has higher tackles

21 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

How does Terrell have better size?

Both listed at the combine 6'1. But Terrell weighed in at 195 lbs and Henderson weighed in almost 10 pounds heavier at 204 lbs.

Henderson also has slightly longer arms at 31 5/8 inches to Terrell's 31 1/4 inches.

:lol::lol: I was looking at a prospect list and saw Jonathan Taylor's 5'10 below Henderson. I didn't realize Henderson had that weight though. Makes me like him even less that he isn't more aggressive with that size. If he had Kazee's aggressiveness I'd be much more inclined to draft him. 

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

A lot of folks had us picking Beasley.  Not sure beyond that many, if any, have correctly guessed.

Some I have called, Matthews, Debo, Ridley, and believe it or not Sam Baker (not so proud of that one) but every now and then we all get some selections right. 

23 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Yeah Beasley was mocked to us a lot.  Spoon was awhile ago.  Maybe.  It just feels like they are wrong on who they pick for us more than they are right.  

23 hours ago, The Don™ said:

First rounds have been a bit of an enigma for the most part. Neal was a surprise. Ridley was too. Hardly anyone saw Lindstrom coming and then the trade up for McGary was a shock too at the time.

Saying that, I think it's a safe bet this year that it'll be either CB, LB or DT with the first pick.

I agree we should definitely take one of those.  Now that we've established that, they'll end up taking a WR. :lol: