Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
g-dawg

The Falcons Unsung Hero - doin' work

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Anyone calling Julio Jones the best football player on the team a hood ornament is clueless.

Optimal words Football Player.

Any $20M WR sittin on the hood of a 1971 Ford Pinto with a broken down engine is a shiny hood ornament.

2 minutes ago, metatron360 said:

We upgraded hoop and I feel we will draft someone to replace Campbell with someone comparable at better value

I keep hearing this. Link? Only on TATF.

And we better replace Campbell with someone who will be our leading tackler cause he was the last two years.

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro we got like $2.5M in space and had to jettison dam near a dozen players. Several of them starters. That's cap hail.

So much for all that continuity.  Kept TD and Quinn so the players would not be confused.  Yup they were not confused.  They knew who showed them the door.  Now our rocket scientist of a coach not only has to beat Brees but Brady too.  Hope it does not blow up like the the last two years.  We signed players that could fall and break down. Not all first rounders pan out.

Still the same coaches just as prone to brain farts like the first half of this past season.  The difference is the coach and TAFT fans now can blame losing all on...(wait for it...) Brady!  Yes the new excuse.  

How many die hard Falcon fans actually died of old age waiting for that ring.  Two chances and nothing to show but embarrassment.

Third time is the charm?  Well now the FO has to get past the Saints and the Bucs.  With a wildcard QB in Carolina.  You cannot make this stuff up. B)

1 hour ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Man if you call the man who is the master of bloated backened contracts a hero... Lmao.  This is the reason we are in cap he'll every year.  Keep praising kicking the can down the road... One day we Will have to pay for these decisions. 

Accounting and balance sheets can only be manipulated so much.  You guys are so naive.

Look FFS1970 made an alter and is liking himself:rolleyes:

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Look FFS1970 made an alter and is liking himself:rolleyes:

Accounting 101 professor in college called it "creative bookkeeping".  He said it will come back and bite your a$$.

Edited by Realsurfin

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah I wanted to resign them but we were in cap hail and couldn't so I complained. Where's the disconnect?

To be fair we weren't paying Hooper what he got in Cleveland anyway, and I dig Hooper but that's too **** high. Hurst is growing on me and I think Ryan will use him to good effect for a fraction of Hoop's money

8 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

So much for all that continuity.  Kept TD and Quinn so the players would not be confused.  Yup they were not confused.  They knew who showed them the door.  Now our rocket scientist of a coach not only has to beat Brees but Brady too.  Hope it does not blow up like the the last two years.  We signed players that could fall and break down. Not all first rounders pan out.

Still the same coaches just as prone to brain farts like the first half of this past season.  The difference is the coach and TAFT fans now can blame losing all on...(wait for it...) Brady!  Yes the new excuse.  

How many die hard Falcon fans actually died of old age waiting for that ring.  Two chances and nothing to show but embarrassment.

Third time is the charm?  Well now the FO has to get past the Saints and the Bucs.  With a wildcard QB in Carolina.  You cannot make this stuff up. B)

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I keep hearing this. Link? Only on TATF.

And we better replace Campbell with someone who will be our leading tackler cause he was the last two years.

I won’t say the sky is falling, but we certainly are not spreading the wealth around.  Half our cap is allocated to just 5 players in 2021...and we have 13 starters under contract for 2021

22 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Hoop and Campbell.

You wanted those 2 players back for 20m a season? Because that's what it would have costed just to match what they got.

No thanks. Not even close to worth it.

22 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I mean it clearly says they work closely together. Where does it say Polk does it all while TD stands in the corner?

Well, if you really want to get technical ,, WE should thank AB more than any of the people he has hired ... :golfclap:

4 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

A lot more than us in some 50+ years.

Lmao Reading comprehension isn’t your friend. Two teams made it to SB in 2016. 
don’t you have to go ring a bell or something. 
chicken-little-the-sky-is-falling-gif-3.

17 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Two good years out of seven? Last two losing seasons? That's turrible bro.

Two good years out of 50+ is more like it..... Falcons fans can deny it and claim greatness all they want.  But the history books are against them.  Now it's almost like when we were playing the NFC West getting our butts kicked all over the field.  NFC South is going to be our waterloo.  I would feel better with a different Head Coach.  Dan Quinn does not fill my heart with "can do" confidence.  In fact it scares me to think how many years this can set us back. :munch:

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lmao Reading comprehension isn’t your friend. Two teams made it to SB in 2016. 
don’t you have to go ring a bell or something. 
chicken-little-the-sky-is-falling-gif-3.

You like to insult people but the fact is this team has not done jack in 50+ years and every year guys like you insult guys like me who have listened to the BS hype for that 50+ years.  I listen to this off season hog wash every year.  Watch us constantly have cap problems.  Then watch them hire players coming off injuries.  We watch mediocre coaches stay too long.  Now we have Brady and Brees in the same conference.  Its shades of the NFC west all over again with the rocket scientist of a Coach Dan Quinn.  Continuity went out the window when we cut so many starters because of cap constraints.  So I do wish we get lucky this year but the odds are not looking that great right now.  We got no defense.  You might tell me we do but do we have a defense that is going to keep Brees and Brady sitting on the bench through the game.  Do we have a coach that is going to call plays to keep Brees and Brady sitting on the bench... lol insult me all you want.  But until I see that trophy come to Atlanta we are still Mediocre pretending greatness.  :munch:

The team hasn’t done jack in the given time frame because the previous 40 odd we were owned and run like a bunch of yahoos masquerading as NFL franchise owners.

AB ownership has changed this team immeasurably vs the previous clowns who owned it.You think Blanks regime hasn’t done jack put it up against the above and stop talking out the side of your mouth your fooling yourself.

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

Bite me dude.... you got a hard on for me.  It is obvious i am in your head and will live there all off season.  For your sanity I hope they don't blow it all up this season or you won't know what to do with yourself.  :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

The team hasn’t done jack in the given time frame because the previous 40 odd we were owned and run like a bunch of yahoos masquerading as NFL franchise owners.

AB ownership has changed this team immeasurably vs the previous clowns who owned it.You think Blanks regime hasn’t done jack put it up against the above and stop talking out the side of your mouth your fooling yourself.

You can toss all the money in the world at it but the FO needs to shoulder a lot of the blame for this poor performance.  You can insult me all you want but we are doing the same things we do every year.  What was all that talk about continuity to not confuse the players with a change of coaching...  I would agree but then they let half the starters go or walk.... lol. You cannot say poor cap management didn't a huge hand in that.  More like the guys that played to keep Dan Quinn's job got payback... they got the boot.  What a way to build loyalties on a team.

And we still do not have anything near a defense that is going to keep Brees and Brady off the field.  Put that in your bong and smoke it.

Edited by Realsurfin

31 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

never thought a thread about Nick Polk would get to 6 pages.....the Over/Under was 3 pages but we are at 6 and climbing.

:munch:

If it wasn't for the ganging up on me it would be over. :D