Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
g-dawg

The Falcons Unsung Hero - doin' work

43 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

No we don't. That number assumes Tru's cap relief which we don't get until 6/1.

Nor does it account for Fowler, Gurley or the draft class. That's likely $16-20M.

It doesn't assume Tru's cap relief. It's just looking at restructures. Check again homie. And with Gurley at 3.5-6 mil (3.5 if the offset is for us, not sure how that works), Fowler is ~8 this year, and the draft class is ~6, and then you account for top 51 contracts, we come in just under the cap (4 mil under if Gurley's offset works for us) with another 10-11 mil coming in June. 

Do you not like the moves? I'm surprised if that's the case, but I'd love to hear why. It's pretty much dead on what you'd been asking for.

25 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm not pleased with not having a starting LCB, starting SLB, LG hole, no DT depth, no LB depth, no cap space and having to rely on rookies to plug all those holes.

Other than replacing Tru, I’m thrilled with the offseason. 

All teams have to rely on rookies, to some extent. I know You know that, my man. 

20 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

It doesn't assume Tru's cap relief. It's just looking at restructures. Check again homie. And with Gurley at 3.5-6 mil (3.5 if the offset is for us, not sure how that works), Fowler is ~8 this year, and the draft class is ~6, and then you account for top 51 contracts, we come in just under the cap (4 mil under if Gurley's offset works for us) with another 10-11 mil coming in June. 

Do you not like the moves? I'm surprised if that's the case, but I'd love to hear why. It's pretty much dead on what you’d been asking for. 

Exactly.

Tru’s freed up cap is to sign the rookies.

19 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Do you not like the moves? I'm surprised if that's the case, but I'd love to hear why. It's pretty much dead on what you'd been asking for.

He just wants to ***** about TD.

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Other than replacing Tru, I’m thrilled with the offseason. 

All teams have to rely on rookies, to some extent. I know You know that, my man. 

Lol we did in 2016 and went to the SB.

Forget the rookies forget the cap forget added talent like we’ve been harping for the last 2 seasons.Coaches show me a plan.

26 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Don’t do it man I can see him working it out on OTC and Sportrac now.

I can’t fathom his thought process for me it’s basically SB or bust.

No cap No draft no GM problem it’s just SB or bust.

This is what it’s come down to 40 years of very little before TD Blank and co got here to being consistent and on the precipice and the reload is too much for him lol.

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I'd argue that all of the bolded were fine moves at the time. Schraeder was considered one of the best RTs in the NFL at the time. Julio straight up is the best WR in the NFL (I don't like building teams around a WR, but it's impossible to say he isn't playing up to his contract). Keke's option locked down a Pro Bowl safety for 6 mil, the injury was more unfortunate than it was a poor decision. Extending Ryan freed up cap space and we'll likely do it again in 2022 with two years left - just saying, he still gets his guaranteed money but it keeps the cap hits low. Tru was coming off phenomenal seasons and after the pec injury he lost the will to tackle and his general coverage got poorer. The Alford move was worse, if anything.

Again, not disagreeing with the other stuff, but when you mix hindsight BS like the bolded in with genuinely bad moves, it discredits ya a bit. Dimi ain't a god but he's doing well this season, and with the big cap bump next season, this is the time to be pushing stuff off. It's the best I've felt about the future of this team in a while, taking into account both cap space and our current talent levels.

Also, thanks to a mostly awful 2017 draft class, we don't have many big contracts coming up. Makes next year another one where we can be pretty active.

Dude lives off making hindsite judgements. I agree Schreader was real good then overnight he wasn’t. Not a bad deal. Neal was coming off of one unfortunate ACL injury, why wouldn’t we pick up his 5th year...especially seeing how much it hurt the D to not have him the year prior.

every GM makes bad moves. None of them sign, re-sign and draft 100% and I would venture to say TD doesn’t better than many if not most.

13 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Best case scenario is something like:

• Fowler - $7.5M
  • Gurley - $3.5M
  • Draft Class Net - $2.4M
  • Treadwell, Reynolds, McCray - $2.3M
  • Total - $15.7M

Could be more like $18.7M depending on Fowler and Gurley. Will have to plug holes with rooks and/or after market FAs.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

• Fowler - $7.5M
  • Gurley - $3.5M
  • Total - $15.7M

Could be more like $18.7M depending on Fowler and Gurley. Will have to plug holes with rooks and/or after market FAs.

As does every single team in the NFL.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I mean it clearly says they work closely together. Where does it say Polk does it all while TD stands in the corner?

The visual for this is amazing and hilarious.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Of course we are. We are pushing it into a future when we start re-building post-julio/Ryan, which is exactly what I said we’d do when all those silly threads were being made.  

Exactly. By the time the bill comes due Matt, Julio, Jake etc will be gone and the team will likely be in rebuild mode anyway.

27 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol we did in 2016 and went to the SB.

Forget the rookies forget the cap forget added talent like we’ve been harping for the last 2 seasons.Coaches show me a plan.

On the strength of the Shanny offense. Rooks got roasted the first half of that season and toasted in the Super Bowl.

56 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm not pleased with not having a starting LCB, starting SLB, LG hole, no DT depth, no LB depth, no cap space and having to rely on rookies to plug all those holes.

We have plenty of help at LG, plenty of depth at DT just not a starter.  Definitely need a LBs.... as of now we need depth at CB but will take a starter. 

23 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Dude lives off making hindsite judgements. I agree Schreader was real good then overnight he wasn’t. Not a bad deal. Neal was coming off of one unfortunate ACL injury, why wouldn’t we pick up his 5th year...especially seeing how much it hurt the D to not have him the year prior.

every GM makes bad moves. None of them sign, re-sign and draft 100% and I would venture to say TD doesn’t better than many if not most.

Brah Schrader was a awesome signing for being an udfa.. once neal got hurt his 5th yr became guaranteed... nobody was complaining about Schrader till after 17

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Rookies will knock a few contracts off the cap and barely count 3 mil or so

So if we have $14.1M and will need at least $15.7M to sign our free agent and draft class, who will have to wait until June 1 to sign, when we get Tru's money? And why does anyone have to wait? Cap hail. That's why. Troffed and Polked.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

So if we have $14.1M and will need at least $15.7M to sign our free agent and draft class, who will have to wait until June 1 to sign, when we get Tru's money? And why does anyone have to wait? Cap hail. That's why. Troffed and Polked.

If anyone had to wait we wouldnt have signed anyone like we have dude. The NFL has to approve contracts before they go through.

4 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Brah Schrader was a awesome signing for being an udfa.. once neal got hurt his 5th yr became guaranteed... nobody was complaining about Schrader till after 17

Bro Shredder had some hefty cap hits on his new deal and sucked monkey balls for a couple years. We're still eating his dead money.

32 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

• Fowler - $7.5M
  • Gurley - $3.5M
  • Total - $15.7M

Agree on most of the net, except that Treadwell/Reynolds/McCray will likely count hardly anything against the cap. Should come in just under. The only hole I really see us having rn is SAM. Outside of that, we're just trying to improve the team (possibly have guys start, doubt we get more than a couple via the draft and FA) and add depth. 

Do you like the moves? I'm asking for your opinion now. And if not, I'm curious what you'd do instead. Not what you'd have done in years past. Yknow?

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LOL.. Polked? That’s a new one, yes?

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I mean it clearly says they work closely together. Where does it say Polk does it all while TD stands in the corner?

TD is too busy signing/overpaying FA guards like Carpenter and Brown and this guy Nick Polk comes along and bailes his asz out....if that helps:tiphat: