Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
whiteshoes

Rj white mock with trade down

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-tua-tagovailoa-lands-with-surprise-team-in-trade-up-ravens-make-big-move-for-receiver/

I think we can all agree we have more holes than draft picks. Which is why I was originally against the Hurst trade. Not because I don't like Hurst, but because we needed every pick. This mock gives us some picks back that have value. What do you think?

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

If they traded back with Kinlaw and Chaisson still on the board and then used that pick to draft the 4th rated CB I'd probably lose my ****.

Thought the same thing. Kinlaw and Chaisson both on the board and we trade down, I'm flipping ships 

We used the right pick on Hurst probably would have used it in a rookie plus we upgraded our 5th to a 4th which could be trade bait...I see us leaving this draft with 4 more starters on defense

5 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

I thought the same as I'm all in on kinlaw. But with that trade going down, how would you use the picks? I know we wouldn't pass on kinlaw if he fell to us.

Well, after the trade I'd use my next pick to pick my head out of my butthole for making such a terrible trade

I disagree we have more holes than picks. We need depth and can afford to infuse some talent, but aside from LB we don’t really have a position group where we can field a good unit.

As for the mock, passing on Kinlaw or Henderson to end up w Diggs is a bad move. Diggs is a high ceiling low floor prospect. No chance I pass on Kinlaw for him to get picks 89 and 132.

Hate that trade down with who was on the board. We realistically only have one hole (SAM). At CB we're weak, but it's not a hole. Oliver and Sheffield did great at outside corner to close out the season, Rico was good as a nickel, and Blidi is capable depth, and then we have Jordan Miller as a guy that still has potential. If we took a guy like Bryce Hall or Amik Robertson round 3, I'd feel just fine at CB. 

8 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Hate that trade down with who was on the board. We realistically only have one hole (SAM). At CB we're weak, but it's not a hole. Oliver and Sheffield did great at outside corner to close out the season, Rico was good as a nickel, and Blidi is capable depth, and then we have Jordan Miller as a guy that still has potential. If we took a guy like Bryce Hall or Amik Robertson round 3, I'd feel just fine at CB. 

I’d agree SAM is the biggest need but I’d still consider CB a need as well, you need 3 starting caliber corners and we have two, and neither has proven they can be a #1 consistently yet.  Miller and Blidi are fine as depth for your 4th or 5th guys, but not starting every week, and we are one injury away from them both seeing significant playing time which isn’t ideal at all.

13 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Yep, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Then I take Blacklock or Raekwon in the 1st and AJ Terrell, Jaylon Johnson, Damon Arnett or Dantzler in the 2nd. 

This is what I was getting at. If the trade did happen, and say kinlaw and chaisson weren't still there which is why we trade down, what would you do with the picks? 

16 minutes ago, Rings said:

I’d agree SAM is the biggest need but I’d still consider CB a need as well, you need 3 starting caliber corners and we have two, and neither has proven they can be a #1 consistently yet.  Miller and Blidi are fine as depth for your 4th or 5th guys, but not starting every week, and we are one injury away from them both seeing significant playing time which isn’t ideal at all.

A need, absolutely. A hole, not so much. I feel like Sheffield, Oliver, and Rico are starting caliber corners. Agree about injury and whatnot. I just honestly think better safety play will make our entire defense look better. When most teams go deep against Cover 3, including our offense, you tend to see a safety closing to help CBs in the middle of the field. A great rangy FS is a necessity for Cover 3 and Cover 1 heavy defenses. I'd almost go so far as to argue they need to be the best player on the defense. In Cover 2 defenses (we ran more of that the last half of the year), it's less important, so if we transition to more of that, I get you. But I honestly think we have a lot of talent in the CB room already, and a 2nd/3rd round pick this year would be plenty to shore that up if they get the right guy. At safety, we have an extremely talented guy that's always injured, a low range guy who's better at nickel and mostly just a good locker room dude and feel-good story, and a playmaker whose range is more based on trusting his instincts than any superior athleticism, leading him to often take himself entirely out of plays. And we have one - ONE - safety signed in 2021. 

I won't get all squirrely over a mock draft but I would be hard pressed to walk away from Kinlaw in that spot.

At the very least, the Falcons should demand more draft capital to give up that critical pick.