Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Is Chaisson an upgrade from D'Andre Campbell?

People.... Chaisson is not going to freaking be there. You’re dreaming. He will be long gone. Fast athletic pass rushers get way over drafted. 

only way we are getting him is to trade up. And if we do that I’m throwing my tv out in the street. 

7 minutes ago, RYNE said:

People.... Chaisson is not going to freaking be there. You’re dreaming. He will be long gone. Fast athletic pass rushers get way over drafted. 

only way we are getting him is to trade up. And if we do that I’m throwing my tv out in the street. 

We midas well trade back if all that happens.

Campbell is not the type of player you "replace" with a 1st round pick. If you want to replace Campbell, you just go with Foye or use another mid round pick. In the ideal circumstance, Chaisson is like Beasley at his best. 

He wont get "over-drafted", but he is definitely a target for teams that pick just before us.

The X factors are the QBs and OLineman. If they all go early like projected there will be a lot of defensive talent that slides back a little. 

A really good football player is going to fall to 16, it could be him

Two things:

1. Chaisson would not be playing LB. He would likely be the hybrid 'edge' position which is somewhere between an OLB and DE

2. Campbell was at best a 2-down LB, and that was with the prayer that the other team was running on those two downs because his pass coverage was worse than any LB in the league. He will not be hard to replace, and that person is likely on the roster already (Foye). 

4 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Two things:

1. Chaisson would not be playing LB. He would likely be the hybrid 'edge' position which is somewhere between an OLB and DE

2. Campbell was at best a 2-down LB, and that was with the prayer that the other team was running on those two downs because his pass coverage was worse than any LB in the league. He will not be hard to replace, and that person is likely on the roster already (Foye). 

Yeah he was big and fast, but so is an amtrak which can't stop or turn either lol

Big upgrade and just crazy talented in general. Ceiling is more of a peak Jamie Collins without the headcase issues imho (ie: one of the best pass rushing and all around LBs in the NFL). Terrific leader too. Only 20 with the drive to be the best. He'll likely rush the passer and line up at nickel DE more than Campbell. Think he goes to the Jets at 11 though. 

28 minutes ago, RYNE said:

With as many as 6 quarterbacks being drafted ahead of our pick, somebody great will be there at 16, whether Chaisson, Kinlaw or somebody else. Ps- I would throw my wife out before the TV in said scenario lol

32 minutes ago, RYNE said:

OK will you make a video of you throwing out the tv?  LOL

This is not a strong year for edge rusher. After Chase Young...huge drop off. Chaisson may be only one worth drafting mid to late first round. So yea theres a slim chance Chaisson may be there at #16

48 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

With as many as 6 quarterbacks being drafted ahead of our pick, somebody great will be there at 16, whether Chaisson, Kinlaw or somebody else. Ps- I would throw my wife out before the TV in said scenario lol

Hahahaha good call. My bedroom tv is only a 50in and it’s 14 years old. Maybe I’ll throw that one out so I can just get new bigger one. 

43 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

6 qb’s round 1 top 15 picks? Come on man 

Yes. I appreciate Campbell's efforts here, but he never really took that next step in our defense. Had a solid rookie season and plateaued after that. He has the athleticism to be a playmaker, but was never able to put it all together. This was the knock on him coming out of college as well.

2 hours ago, RYNE said:

You, me nor anyone else here have any clue who will be there.  Four qbs, four tackles, okudah, young, brown, Simmons and three WRs isn’t out of the realm of possibility.  Throw kinlaw in there, Fulton, Delpit...people drop every year and people go way too early every year.  We have no clue.