Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

Murray/Queen in 1st or Brooks in 3rd?

Just now, Clark Kent™ said:

Haha nope. I haven't looked up any of his numbers. He may be fast af for all I know. But from what I see, he seems like a slow reactor to everything and not agile. His frame looks like the Cunningham kid out of Vandy a few years back (who I liked), but he doesn't have near the athletic ability on tape. 

Yeah, any player day 3 is gonna have pros and cons. If we want a mid-late round guy who can cover TE and RB, he is a good prospect though IMO.

4 hours ago, etherdome said:

Murray has great speed and athleticism.  He should be a WLB and would probably star in that position.  We, on the other hand, need a SLB. 

If you get a chance to draft a star Lber you should, we can always have Fowler play SLB, or have Oloukon bulk up and play the position, you can even draft or sign an SLB in the later rounds. 

28 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

If you get a chance to draft a star Lber you should, we can always have Fowler play SLB, or have Oloukon bulk up and play the position, you can even draft or sign an SLB in the later rounds. 

I here 'ya.  It doesn't matter anyway.  

TD and Quinn are desperate, so it would not be a shock to see them trade away next year's first rounder along with a few more picks, to move up in this draft and take Okudah.  

33 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I here 'ya.  It doesn't matter anyway.  

TD and Quinn are desperate, so it would not be a shock to see them trade away next year's first rounder along with a few more picks, to move up in this draft and take Okudah.  

I wouldnt mind it. 

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Can’t see moving Fowler to plat SLB and cover TEs...they paid him 16M to harass QBs. It’s very common to find a good LB in rounds 2-UDFA

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Can’t see moving Fowler to plat SLB and cover TEs...they paid him 16M to harass QBs. It’s very common to find a good LB in rounds 2-UDFA

He probably will play there some in base packages as they will want Cominsky or Bailey to play the run. But in nickel which is played around 66%-70% of the time you will have Dion and Murray out there. Murray is the same size as Dre Campbell FYI. Both are 234lbs and 6'2 or 6'3. 

On 3/25/2020 at 0:49 PM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Chaisson is my soltuion to SAM. SAM is a do everything backer. They have to be able to set the edge in run support. They have to be able to turn and run with TE's and sometimes slot receivers and they also have to provide some pass rush.

Chaisson checks every box for the position. When your SAM can do everything, the play caller can be much more creative in his calls and coverages. Campbell was *** cakes in coverage so we had to hide him as much as possible which rarely worked and he got torched anyway. . With Chaisson he can do it all. No limitations.

*** cakes? 

52 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

At 235 he can play SLB

I honestly have seen the argument that he doesn't have the size for SLB a ton and it just doesn't make sense. Many of the best 4-3 SLBs in the league are similar in size to Murray.

This is from The Draft Network's scouting report: "Murray projects best to a 3-4 SILB or 4-3 SAM role, that allows him to play directly downhill into the trees and blow up blockers, while making strong plays into the boundary with his unique speed and length at his size."