Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FentayeJones

Allen Bailey Extended

Pretty reasonable. Can see his hits being something like 3.5 this year, 7 next (frees up 2.5 this year). Otherwise I doubt there's much freed up, if it's more in the 1-1.5 mil freed it'd be 5 this year and 5.5 next year. I guess I get it if they didn't wanna cut him, and 4.5 for another year makes sense regardless. Just hope he gets more playing time then. Showed some stuff at 3-T.

Over the cap shows the new contract as a 4.3 mil hit this year, 6.125 cap hit next year. There's a 750K bonus due March 2, 2021, looks like, if he's not in the plans for 2021, they have to cut him early enough to allow him to catch on with another team.

https://overthecap.com/player/allen-bailey/489/

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Over the cap shows the new contract as a 4.3 mil hit this year, 6.125 cap hit next year. There's a 750K bonus due March 2, 2021, looks like, if he's not in the plans for 2021, they have to cut him early enough to allow him to catch on with another team.

https://overthecap.com/player/allen-bailey/489/

Nice. Saves 1.6 mil on the cap this year and we can cut him before next season and only be on the hook for the 1.6 mil, saving 4.5 mil off the cap of the 6.1 in 2021.

Posted (edited)

This pretty much makes DT in the first round a no go...only 2 guys we’d take at 16 anyway and both are projected Top 10

A rotation of Grady, Davison, Senat, and Bailey isn’t gonna lend itself well to using major draft capital on DT in the 1st

All you mockers...start mocking a DB or LB...but most likely DB

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

24 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

This pretty much makes DT in the first round a no go...only 2 guys we’d take at 16 anyway and both are projected Top 10

A rotation of Grady, Davison, Senat, and Bailey isn’t gonna lend itself well to using major draft capital on DT in the 1st

Cominsky also will slide inside at DT I believe depending on the situations.

45 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Yeah, I still think we should draft a DT, and they were looking at DT in the draft the last 3 years.  A legit DT beside Jarrett would transform our D line.

But we do have 3 or 4 (depending on Senat) NFL caliber players there now, so I'd be on secondary and LB being 2 of the first 3 picks.

47 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

none of those guys except Grady are passrushers.   Falcons have plenty of run-stoppers now but still light at passrush - Takk and Fowler cannot be all we have there - a passrush in the interior would be draft capital well spent at 16 - if available.

Davidson, Bailey, and Senat is weak. Wenagev the numbers at the position but who outside of Grady scares anyone? Yes they are “solid” but another game changer on the interior is needed. Don’t know if it comes this draft but DT is not “set” in my eyes. 

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

none of those guys except Grady are passrushers.   Falcons have plenty of run-stoppers now but still light at passrush - Takk and Fowler cannot be all we have there - a passrush in the interior would be draft capital well spent at 16 - if available.

Grady is a pass rusher. How many teams deploy two pass rushing tackles? That's a recipe for getting gashed in the run game.

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah I would like to see the Falcons get one more disruptive DT. 

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

For most teams a mediocre base DE is a decent pass rushing DT. 

I’m no cap expert, so my question is, are these restructures for the signings we’ve already made? Are they space for the draft class? Or will they allow is to make another free agent signing?

Something that caught my attention is I just listened to Joe Whitt’s interview, maybe I heard it wrong or maybe he hasn’t watched enough film to say otherwise but he mentioned Oliver and Sheffield on the outside. We resigned Wilson.

All that to ask, Would a signing like Roby Coleman in the slot A. Make sense B. Can we afford him with these restructures?

20 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Grady is a pass rusher. How many teams deploy two pass rushing tackles? That's a recipe for getting gashed in the run game.

I think the bigger issue there is that if Grady goes down, our interior pass rush is totally gone.

42 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

We still haven't replaced Jack Crawford on the roster. We definitely need another pass-rushing DT next to Jarrett. I have my fingers crossed that Javon Kinlaw is there at 16.  We can get Trufant's replacement in Round 2 since the CB class is so deep this year.

42 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

C’mon...name the other teams in the NFL that have TWO outstanding pass rushing DTs?!?

And...what unproven NFL players in this draft class would be on the same level as said players on other teams...

Grady and Bailey are our interior pass rushers....

We aren’t taking DT in the1st unless one of those two guys are at 16...and I’d still say it’s 50/50 unfortunately...

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

no it's not.   Say it with me - "You have a Defensive Line Rotation".

Do you think Grady plays every snap of every game?   We signed Tyler Davison as our designated run-stopper. You look at any good defensive line - Eagles/Rams - in last two years and they had more than one interior passrusher.   Not saying two DTs w/ 10 sacks each - but able to get pressure and collapse the pocket - that's how your team eats on 3rd down - pressure - w/ two stud interior passrushers creates sacks for the group - also makes those defensive ends look better.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

no it's not.   Say it with me - "You have a Defensive Line Rotation".

Do you think Grady plays every snap of every game?   We signed Tyler Davison as our designated run-stopper. You look at any good defensive line - Eagles/Rams - in last two years and they had more than one interior passrusher.   Not saying two DTs w/ 10 sacks each - but able to get pressure and collapse the pocket - that's how your team eats on 3rd down - pressure - w/ two stud interior passrushers creates sacks for the group - also makes those defensive ends look better.

Grady played 80% of the snaps last year. I'm not saying don't draft one, but using a 1st on one is a bit much when we have two LB's on the roster, we need another CB, we have a 1 legged SS, ect.

I just think we have other pressing needs than a second stud DT. Our line actually looked ok last year once the secondary stopped having a 100% completion rate against them and we tightened up on the outside.

We added Fowler to the line already. I think if we tighten up the secondary even more, get another good coverage backer and bring back Clay that the defensive line will be much improved.

25 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Makes Ryan's cap hit the next 2 years over 40 mil.  If  they keep deferring money, going to be ugly in 2022

He's got a 7.5 mil roster bonus in both 22 & 23, both due early March.  IF his play declines, they might actually cut him in 2022. Looks like a 25 mil cap hit over 2 years if they do.