g-dawg

Falcons beatwriter mock - the Athletic - Jason Butt

74 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Has there been news on Neal?

When Quinn was asked a few weeks ago how Neal was progressing, he said he was making good progress. Supposedly should be ready to go for TC the way it sounded. With the season possibly delayed, no reason to believe he won't be 100 percent when the time comes.

Knight of God likes this

13 hours ago, g-dawg said:

How often does a team hit three playmakers in a draft though?   You see two fairly often - three?   Much much smaller world.

Agree. Snaring three playmakers won't be easy, but the Falcons are several impact players away from having a top 10 D. They need to make it happen despite the long odds.

g-dawg likes this

On 3/25/2020 at 8:38 AM, g-dawg said:

The odds that you will get more than two playmakers in a draft with six picks is probably 20-1.

Fair point. The more picks you have the higher the odds of getting that playmaker. 

g-dawg likes this

17 hours ago, Fernando C. said:

Cause you are getting a great value with the WR in this draft... you have to take advantage of that.. why not get a 4th rounder that would play like a 2nd rounder ??

Because we don't need another stud receiver right now.  We are in win now mode, and another receiver doesn't help us to accomplish that goal.

49 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Fair point. The more picks you have the higher the odds of getting that playmaker. 

I am not greedy. 

I just want two playmakers out of this draft.  

Just get Kinlaw, and Murray/Queen.  We have the draft capital to move up to get both of them in the first.  

Our O is good enough to win as is.  Our D would set up pretty well with just those two additions.  

1 hour ago, duckhoa said:

I am not greedy. 

I just want two playmakers out of this draft.  

Just get Kinlaw, and Murray/Queen.  We have the draft capital to move up to get both of them in the first.  

Our O is good enough to win as is.  Our D would set up pretty well with just those two additions.  

There some logic to that. If we didn’t have needs all over the place then I’d say go for the playmakers. But then again you can’t guarantee playmaker status. 

duckhoa and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

On 3/25/2020 at 0:47 AM, FalconFan13 said:

Once again neglecting DT :(  Also don't like that he waited so long to target a DB.  Although i can understand the reasoning waiting till the 4th for sneed with going Hightower 1st.  I think he is a really good player if we can sign a FA Dt thats really good to pair with our guys and 1 more vet CB i think this would be a very strong draft for us. 

Yea if we go another year with a crappy and weak DT rotation I hope everyone in the front office gets fired. Grady cant do everything by himself. Year after year we ignore DT.

On 3/25/2020 at 8:38 AM, g-dawg said:

The odds that you will get more than two playmakers in a draft with six picks is probably 20-1.

More first round picks sure. But just overall picks nah man. 

6 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

I mean if they're first rounders yeah. Everything else is meh bro.

VTCrunkler likes this

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

More first round picks sure. But just overall picks nah man. 

not sure I understand what you are saying here.

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

not sure I understand what you are saying here.

More picks doesn't equal more playmakers and such.

More first round picks do.

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

More picks doesn't equal more playmakers and such.

More first round picks do.

well the subject at hand was getting 3 playmakers out of one draft and I basically said that is almost impossible to do with limited picks - now a team like Dolphins w/ three first round picks and multitude of early picks have a great shot.

KOG and others were saying we needed 3 playamakers out of this draft - don't see how we can get that done.   The percentage chance is very, very small.

Ovie_Lover likes this

34 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I’ve got a brilliant idea! Something we’ve never tried before.  Let’s trade back up into the first round!  

Ovie_Lover likes this

35 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

But what about our guy Kazee. He makes plays. I guess it depends on your definition of a playmaker. 

19 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

But what about our guy Kazee. He makes plays. I guess it depends on your definition of a playmaker. 

That's one out of how many 5th rounders tho?

8 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Maybe 1 or 2 per draft of something like that. Which makes it pretty impressive if you hit on a fifth. TD also struck gold w another 5th rounder. 

47 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Maybe 1 or 2 per draft of something like that. Which makes it pretty impressive if you hit on a fifth. TD also struck gold w another 5th rounder. 

He's getting good with 5th rounders I won't lie. Still would rather have 1st tho bro bro

VTCrunkler likes this

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

If Falcons get two playmakers and another two useful players out of our picks we have now that will be a WIN.

Ovie_Lover and VTCrunkler like this

Just now, g-dawg said:

If Falcons get two playmakers and another two useful players out of our picks we have now that will be a WIN.

Can't argue with that

g-dawg likes this

44 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He's getting good with 5th rounders I won't lie. Still would rather have 1st tho bro bro

Yeah me too. I think we’ll do well in this draft..if there is a draft. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

5 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Yeah me too. I think we’ll do well in this draft..if there is a draft. 

They can just do the draft online. Camp and such is what would be cancelled.

VTCrunkler likes this

12 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

They can just do the draft online. Camp and such is what would be cancelled.

That’s good. Hopefully it can be online. I’d probably still watch any programming related to an online draft. 

Ovie_Lover likes this