Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jj00100

Any chance we can sign DT SUH?

We can get anyone still on the market. The price to pay will be addition by subtraction, which means the best cut candidate is Alex Mack to gain $8 million.

So ask yourself, would you rather have Mack and no more big FAs, or add another DL and roll with a rookie 2nd or 3rd round OC?

Just now, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

We can get anyone still on the market. The price to pay will be addition by subtraction, which means the best cut candidate is Alex Mack to gain $8 million.

So ask yourself, would you rather have Mack and no more big FAs, or add another DL and roll with a rookie 2nd or 3rd round OC?

We can extend Mack to add 5m or so to this offseason. Don't need to cut him to clear space.

1 minute ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Mack is barely holding on...an extension would be worse IMO

$5 mil won’t get you any of the top guys left...keep dreaming...

Barely holding on? He played 1156 snaps (2nd most in league for Centers) while only giving up 2 sacks. He was graded well for 2019 despite having 2 awful players on both sides of him for most of the year. Were we watching the same thing?

None of the "top guys left" are worth losing our starting Center and having to then draft one.

My point is simply, You can always create space. Teams that have no cap always find a way. We walked into FA with negative space and added Fowler, Gurley and re-signed a few other guys. 

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Barely holding on? He played 1156 snaps (2nd most in league for Centers) while only giving up 2 sacks. He was graded well for 2019 despite having 2 awful players on both sides of him for most of the year. Were we watching the same thing?

None of the "top guys left" are worth losing our starting Center and having to then draft one.

My point is simply, You can always create space. Teams that have no cap always find a way. We walked into FA with negative space and added Fowler, Gurley and re-signed a few other guys. 

I’ve never wanted to get rid of Mack...I was simply stating if we want another defensive player in FA with a significant cap figure, it will most likely result in bare minimum a restructure for Mack or a cut...I don’t like an extension for Mack bc it pushes more $ to 2021 when we know his performance will be worse and we haven’t seen his amount of regression for 2020. It’s guaranteed.

7 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

good question....but someone has to snap the pigskin