Should we sign Trent Williams to 1 year Deal?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thread title is a little clickbait-y, eh?

Common sense and logic. We're too old not to use those daily

What the **** does an OT have to do with a DT

2 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Matthews is more of a guard than a tackle. Watch the film and see how Matthews gets owned. Matthews is not nasty enough. 

How do you figure this?

Nasty enough how’s Greg  Robinson looking about now the nasty guy that got taken in the draft before Matthews.

Matthews is perfect as a OT he’s a technician and a pretty decent one at that.

Watch film lol think your the one that needs to go do that sunshine.

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

He wants 20m a year.

Right.

Trent is the best LT in the NFL with crap QB play. You think that guy wants a prove it deal? Besides we already have Jake Matthews. Also, where in the **** would we put him on the O-Line?!

3 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Matthews is more of a guard than a tackle. Watch the film and see how Matthews gets owned. Matthews is not nasty enough. 

This doesn't pass the smell test for me.  I would rather have a nasty guard, than a nasty tackle any day; so why would Matthews, who in your words is not nasty enough, be a better guard than a tackle??

Edited by Boise Falcon Fan
13 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

The lack of using those is why half of us are stuck at home for the next three weeks or more.

This is very true. Just found out Slim Thug got it. Man said he been staying home self quarantining. Went out to get food the other day then boom. 

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

How do you figure this?

Nasty enough how’s Greg  Robinson looking about now the nasty guy that got taken in the draft before Matthews.

I'd rather have nasty at guard and technician at tackle.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

How do you figure this?

Jake Matthews talking about getting better in what year 5 or 6 and Matt Ryan got sacked 8 times in a game against the Jets! Come on man. Don't Rise up, Wise up and realize this dude is overrated. 

51 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Jake Matthews talking about getting better in what year 5 or 6 and Matt Ryan got sacked 8 times in a game against the Jets! Come on man. Don't Rise up, Wise up and realize this dude is overrated. 

Your out of you mind. He was a stud this year...get your **** straight.

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

Ummm really you want to go there with this really.

If your an NFL player at any level you want to be adding something to your game to help you get better every year your in the league.

If your not best be going to look at doing something else.

5 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

He was a top ten left tackle in the league last year, I watched plenty of film and I see that Matthews is the least of our concerns on that line.  I also watch plenty of other teams who have horrid left tackle play and we should be thankful we have him.

3 hours ago, Diggable Birds said:

I’m all for it if the price is right we paid Matthews as an elite LT and he’s not Dante Fowler beat our OL like they stole sumn 

Matthews gave up 2 pressures that entire game on 40 pass sets.  Fowler had 7 pressures that game, 6 came against McGary, one against Matthews.  Peoples distain for Matthews is so unjust.

Can someone post actual real stats on Jake Matthews? I was gonna post his stats from Stats Inc. but they're not correct. How do I know they're not correct? Because it's got him allowing 0 sacks and committing 0 penalties in his postseason career and that's very wrong because he was called for holding twice in the Super Bowl.

10 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Can someone post actual real stats on Jake Matthews? I was gonna post his stats from Stats Inc. but they're not correct. How do I know they're not correct? Because it's got him allowing 0 sacks and committing 0 penalties in his postseason career and that's very wrong because he was called for holding twice in the Super Bowl.

What stats do you want?