b3nz Quarantine Mock

benny

everybody’s bored as ****, stuck up in the house, doing mocks, figured i’d do one too. in this mock i’m operating under the assumption that we are done making moves in Free Agency for the most part.

CIN 1: Joe Burrow QB LSU

WAS 2: Chase Young DE Ohio State

DET 3: Jeffery Okudah CB Ohio State

NYG 4: Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa

MIA 5: Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama

LAC 6: Justin Herbert QB Oregon

CAR 7: Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson

ARI 8: Mekhi Becton OT Louisville 

JAX 9: Derrick Brown DT Auburn

CLE 10: Jedrick Wills OT Alabama

NYJ 11: K’Lavon Chaisson EDGE LSU

OAK 12: Ceedee Lamb WR Oklahoma

SF 13: CJ Henderson CB Florida

TB 14: Andrew Thomas OT Georgia 

DEN 15: Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama

ATL 16:

Round 1: Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina - most people seem convinced that Kinlaw is a lock to be gone by 16, i’m not so sure of it. Now obviously draft day everything will change as teams will likely be trading around, trying to secure the QBs, but i think it’s totally possible that Kinlaw is a guy that slips through the cracks. I could even see us trading up to take him out of concern a team like SF or TB takes him. 

Round 2: Willie Gay Jr LB Mississippi State - DQ loves his speed. Gay is just the guy to come in and take over for Campbell. Ran a 4.46 at the combine and looked fluid in all the drills. He stood out as an all around LB who plays with some juice. Perfect fit for one of our biggest needs. 

Round 3: Reggie Robinson II CB Tulsa - i’m all aboard the hype train. Doing the draftnetwork simulator, RR2 was a guy i always picked with one of the later round picks. He fits the mold as exactly what DQ looks for, so much so that he looks to be a better fit than a lot of guys slated to go ahead of him. His stock is rising, hopefully not out of our reach.

Round 4: Alton Robinson EDGE Syracuse - all the traits you look for in a DE. Size, long arms, burst, and motor. Had a big week at the Senior Bowl including 2 sacks in the game. He would figure to be heavy in the rotation as a rookie, with potential to eventually supplant Takk if Takk doesn’t show the improvement the coaching staff is expecting. 

Round 4: Lamical Perine RB Florida - although we rolled the dice on Gurley and his knee, it was only for a 1 year deal. If Gurley balls out, it’s likely we can’t afford to bring him back, if his knee is toast we won’t want to bring him back. Perine is the Devonta Freeman to Gurleys Steven Jackson. I don’t know if that makes sense, but we need to look for an all around RB to take over when Gurley leaves. As much as i like Hill/Ollison, i don’t think either has lead back ability. 

Round 7: Calvin Throckmorton OL Oregon - a guy we’ve met with at the shrine game i believe. We lost Schweitzer and Sambrailo this year, and after adding McCray as a depth replacement for Schweitzer, we need to add depth at tackle. I’ve seen Throckmorton ranked as high as 4th round to as low as undrafted, who knows. 

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Shows a huge lack of.situational awareness

dude EVERYYYYYYY TRAINING CAMP players get in fights and the coaches have to stop the players and remind them whats its all about.

I dont even want to bring up Fowler past history...lol

If you take a guy off your board over a 1 time fight..... Good Luck with that

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

dude EVERYYYYYYY TRAINING CAMP players get in fights and the coaches have to stop the players and remind them whats its all about.

I dont even want to bring up Fowler past history...lol

If you take a guy off your board over a 1 time fight..... Good Luck with that

Was it before a bowl game?

1 hour ago, RazorWing said:

Kinlaw wont make it to 16. The 49ers,lions and bucs are looking for dlineman as well. If we really want our gamewrecker. Trade up and get him if he falls out of the top 10

oh i’m all about moving up to get any one of Okudah/Simmons/Brown/Kinlaw or even Wirfs. but people have been *****ing about too many mocks having trades in them. i still think it’s reasonably possible that if we hold tight, a top level guy will fall to our pick with how many teams are looking for QBs and OTs

8 hours ago, EZfalcons said:

I have a random question. What would our 2 4ths equate to on a trade up? Really didnt want to make a post about a question lol

i would assume no more than a late 3rd round pick. the second 4th we have is a comp pick i believe so it’s essentially an early 5th