Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
g-dawg

The most likely pick at #16

5 hours ago, Stryka said:

This is literally the only truth about his tackling. He is ready and willing and always dives down in support. What he doesn’t do is make a sure tackle sometimes. His physicality should t be questioned at all. They didn’t even mention it his first 2 years at UF. Maybe he was preserving himself knowing he was going to be a 1st rounder but he definitely is capable of tackling. There is no lack of effort. Period. I wish folks would stop spewing the nonsense about him not wanting to tackle. Trufant literally would wait on somebody else to tackle a guy sometimes. Henderson made several tackles and never hesitated to come up. 

He also likes to do the blindside corner blitz.  I know it is only a QB but if you didn’t like to tackle you wouldn’t be used that way.

On 4/6/2020 at 0:22 PM, g-dawg said:

He also likes to do the blindside corner blitz.  I know it is only a QB but if you didn’t like to tackle you wouldn’t be used that way.

Right. If people go and look at game tape it shows a guy who willing attacks ball carriers. Technique is his issue sometimes. 

Posted (edited)

Drafting a CB in the first round is like kissing your sister, Just ehh. CB and WR in 1st round are moves GMs from Cleveland and NY Jets do. WR and CB are easiest postion to fill in football and most expendable so NO. Plus a CB has a two year learning curve so are we back to being a AAA football team or do we want to win the hardware? 

Edited by Refried Beans

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

Drafting a CB in the first round is like kissing your sister, Just ehh. CB and WR in 1st round are moves GMs from Cleveland and NY Jets do. WR and CB are easiest postion to fill in football and most expendable so NO. Plus a CB has a two year learning curve so are we back to being a AAA football team or do we want to win the hardware? 

You have a weird take on things. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a CB in the first round. Especially if we are talking about mid first round. 

4 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

You have a weird take on things. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a CB in the first round. Especially if we are talking about mid first round. 

CBs just don't excite me. Expendable like WRs. Easiest positions to fill and cut on a NFL roster.  That 2 year learning curve scares me. Name me one CB that stepped in year one and shut it down? 

21 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

CBs just don't excite me. Expendable like WRs. Easiest positions to fill and cut on a NFL roster.  That 2 year learning curve scares me. Name me one CB that stepped in year one and shut it down? 

Deion Sanders

Any more brain busters? :D

8 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Deion Sanders

Any more brain busters? :D

Hard to bust that which does not exist. The only argument you can really make against taking a CB in rd 1 is this year there is good prospect depth there, meaning you could get a player that most likely will be almost as good in rds 2-3.

56 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

CB is not the easiest position to fill. Actually CB is one of the hardest position to play lol 

Posted (edited)

My board for us at 16  is as follows:

Kinlaw

Chaisson

Henderson (or whoever our top CB is)

To be honest, we have never drafted DT high under TD except for uber bust Peria Jerry. We either dont value that position at the top of the draft or we are due this year. Either way Kinlaw is likely the BPA if he is still there at 16.

Chaisson would be the 3rd Edge player Quinn has drafted in the 1st round in his now 6th draft. I only think we go edge because TD admitted to trying to sign both Quinn and Fowler in FA. I think they want another edge rusher in the mix. My gut tells me we are not high on Chaisson though. My gut tells me we go for a guy like Willekes in the 3rd or 4th round.

I dont know what our CB board looks like, but Im very confident that after Okudah we are likely to go for whoever #2 is on our list. Most say Henderson, but Im willing to bet they throw a curve and "reach" for Diggs, Fulton or Johnson if they believe they are the best corner on the board. 

Also, there is an outside chance they surprise us with a completely random selection of maybe a safety or even a RB. Not that I think this is smart or a need, but they march to their own drum in Flowery Branch. And every year is a surprise in the first.

What I do expect is that we are much more likely to reach for "our guy" at 16 than we are to snag one of the top 10 talents that will likely fall to 16. That I am confident of.

Edited by LightningDawg58

On 3/23/2020 at 8:23 PM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Oliver, Wilson and Sheffield started the final 3 games of 2019. 22 points to the 49ers, 12 to the Jags, 22 to the Bucs.

Under 200 yards passing all three games.

Our season average with Tru? 258.

That's not fair.  Tru was one of the bright spots 1st half. Minor changes is what improved everything. 

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

You are crazy. Corner is the 2nd hardest position to play on the field. There is a lot of research out there that says having a strong coverage secondary out weighs elite pass rush.

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

You are crazy. Corner is the 2nd hardest position to play on the field. There is a lot of research out there that says having a strong coverage secondary out weighs elite pass rush.

Exactly, so why spend high draft capital on someone that will struggle in year 1, when we’ve invested 3 picks in the first 4 rounds in the last 2 drafts?

All I know is this 1st round pick is a dice roll on who it’s gonna be

4 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Exactly, so why spend high draft capital on someone that will struggle in year 1, when we’ve invested 3 picks in the first 4 rounds in the last 2 drafts?

All I know is this 1st round pick is a dice roll on who it’s gonna be

3 picks in the first 4 rounds the last to drafts...who is the 3rd player?

9 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Oliver, Sheffield, Miller

Heck, add in Kazee too...

Thats 4 players invested in first 5 rounds...

Oliver and Sheffield was the only 2 players in your original statement (4th round)

58 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Watch us draft offense in the first round?

Falcons - the all First Round Offense, non-First Round Defense?

I wouldn’t put it past them to draft offense. If they did the value would be at wide receiver. But knowing Thomas he would draft Cesar Ruiz center Michigan at 16 to be the replacement for Mack.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:10 AM, Stryka said:

Right. If people go and look at game tape it shows a guy who willing attacks ball carriers. Technique is his issue sometimes. 

Please tell me you aren’t talking about Henderson 

@g-dawg This is separate...

You are slacking man!!!

In these days of quarantine, with under two weeks to draft time...

I need my daily G-Dawg draft scenario and mock!!!

This year is so weird bc there is no info on pre draft interviews, etc. Since the combine, we basically have no idea who Falcons interested in at this point. With Steele coaching the West roster at Shrine game, I’m basically putting my eggs in the basket of anyone on that roster in the 4th round or later...

Firsg three rounds, I have no idea, but I do know this. Simple subtraction if the roster:

VB44....Fowler

Freeman....Gurley 

Trufant.....???

Campbell....???

Clayborn....???

Crawford....???

I think just that simple analysis will yield at least 3 positions in those first 5 picks...and based on snap count/starter status...that will yield the draft priority for round

No way would I take a CB over the top DT or top DE in this draft.. Kinlaw or Blacklock I'd say will be the pick...or DE Chaisson or Epenesa..... Book it....  Tell'em Draftnut told you so...  :tiphat:

I suggest you look at what Henderson does when a RB comes his way. Hitting a QB from the blindside isn’t close to how one reacts when a RB or TE coming your way. Just look up DJ Dallas TD run against Florida. Just look that one up