Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
g-dawg

The most likely pick at #16

Posted (edited)

I do not want to fall into over-drafting the position in round 1 and I doubt it goes this way; what for all of the QB and OT prospects likely to start moving...but this could push a good player to 16 that isn’t a CB.

I would not want to be very thin in the secondary next year and would hope that we can add some pieces to the front 7 after getting a major player to work into the secondary right away...I’m not seeing a guy at 16 that will put our pass rush over the top >as a rookie<. (Unless someone falls?)

I think a rookie DB could buy our pass rush time tho and we could get a front 7 guy in round 2.

Which prospect(s) that may be is another question.

Edited by Schwarzwald

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

BS. Tackling in space is a huge part of a cornerback’s job.

That's not what I said, I said QB's don't fear corners who can tackle. That said I would question the statement that for boundary corners, tackling is a huge part of their job - Prime, Nnamdi Asomugha, DRC, Antonio Cromartie, Marcus Peters are all examples of guys who weren't exactly known for their tackling. Prime once famously said 'First and foremost they pay me to cover, they don't pay me to tackle". John Dorsey echoed that last year when he drafted Greedy Williams "Corners are paid to cover. The tackling aspect, just get the guy down". If you're a boundary corner racking up lots of tackles, it probably means the people you're covering are catching the ball. 

Henderson is far more willing than all of the aforementioned former pro bowlers and his technique are very coachable - far more so that trying to teach a corner to cover like he can.

9 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

That's not what I said, I said QB's don't fear corners who can tackle. That said I would question the statement that for boundary corners, tackling is a huge part of their job - Prime, Nnamdi Asomugha, DRC, Antonio Cromartie, Marcus Peters are all examples of guys who weren't exactly known for their tackling. Prime once famously said 'First and foremost they pay me to cover, they don't pay me to tackle". John Dorsey echoed that last year when he drafted Greedy Williams "Corners are paid to cover. The tackling aspect, just get the guy down". If you're a boundary corner racking up lots of tackles, it probably means the people you're covering are catching the ball. 

Henderson is far more willing than all of the aforementioned former pro bowlers and his technique are very coachable - far more so that trying to teach a corner to cover like he can.

Ans John Dorsey is out of a job now.

22 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

CJ Henderson vs Ja'Marr Chase is night and day from Diggs vs Chase.

Saw some real ugly from Diggs in that clip.

The tackling oh my lord how the **** can you be a top tier first round defender if you can’t farken tackle.I been saying this stuff for years about tackling it’s so piss poor and I’m sorry from what I’ve seen from both Diggs and Henderson they can kick rocks 4.4 40s be ****ed.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

I think we're going LSU either way. Chaisson or Fulton. 

Fulton do not meet the standards they look for in their CB’s

Edited by Cole World

21 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

My mock yesterday had K9 at 16 but I was thinking right now we don’t have a CB1. I don’t think it makes sense to draft a CB in rd 2-3 and he comes in as your CB1. With that said I still don’t see Henderson as being a fit as a true press corner that likes to get physical at the LOS b/c I believe that’s what we’ll be doing.

So I can see a situation like Neal when we took him at 17. He was supposed to go rd 2. But this time we might trade down and take Jaylon Johnson in the 20’s and get an extra pick. I think he is a true press corner and more of DQ’s type. He could be our CB1. It depends on who they have higher on their board.

Not a fan. Seems like he has slow feet/COD and his lack of willingness to tackle is not something DQ/TD/Whitt look for. 

On 3/24/2020 at 0:06 PM, g-dawg said:

We aren’t taking Epenesa.  You can take that to the bank.   Not Dan Quinn’s type of player.

I wouldn't mind us getting any of these players,, But the more I think about it.. the more I'm leaning more toward Blacklock ,, I think he'll be a great DT. 

11 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Every top corner in the draft got smashed by chase stop nitpicking 

Nit picking is exactly what you need to do isolate weakness to confirm what your seeing.

You think I haven’t seen this in other games and watched these guys I don’t just take one highlight film and that’s it.

Ive seen this lack of physicality from both Henderson and Diggs in more games.

Athletic vs Physical I’m sure as **** seen enough of athletic.I’m looking for physical guys with high football IQs.

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Nit picking is exactly what you need to do isolate weakness to confirm what your seeing.

You think I haven’t seen this in other games and watched these guys I don’t just take one highlight film and that’s it.

Ive seen this lack of physicality from both Henderson and Diggs in more games.

Athletic vs Physical I’m sure as **** seen enough of athletic.I’m looking for physical guys with high football IQs.

Damon Arnette Cb Ohio state in the 3rd

Falcons wont go CB because this is do or die year for Quinn, he needs plug and play athletes. He doesn't have time for a CB project that more than likely will take a years or two of learning curve. He will go DT, LB, or OL depending on who is available. But I agree with earlier poster if Chaisson is there he will pick him. 

11 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Falcons wont go CB because this is do or die year for Quinn, he needs plug and play athletes. He doesn't have time for a CB project that more than likely will take a years or two of learning curve. He will go DT, LB, or OL depending on who is available. But I agree with earlier poster if Chaisson is there he will pick him. 

DT or LB 1st pick

I have posted this in another thread.  

Artie is approaching 80 and victory was snatched out of his hands by a HC that did not have the stones to take charge of a game that was won.  You can bet that Artie is salty and impatient.  So, Quinn is on the hot seat and TD is not feeling all that comfortable.  Matt Ryan and J Jones are getting up in age and the window is starting to close.

So, we go back in time and shock the world by repeating what we did for Julio.  We trade this year's and next year's first round picks, this year's third round pick and next year's second round pick to move up and take the guy they really want.  

Who is that guy?  Young, Okudah, Simmons?

Do I think they actually pull this trade off? No, but I think they are desperate enough to try.   

38 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Damon Arnette Cb Ohio state in the 3rd

He’s a player may lack a bit of size but he can play alright.High IQ guy but just not physical.

Really well coached both of those CBs.

Good instincts Good route recognition off man zone corner who can press but I like him more in zone and let him use his instincts.

Just had a quick look at him v Clemson,Michigan State and Indiana.

Good player.

TD and DQ love players from LSU. Even going back to Chevis Jackson. Since DQ has been here he’s drafted Collins, Jones, Riley, and Gage. They got 3 first rounders in Chaisson, Queen, and Fulton all within our range. I’m willing to bet we take one of them. We can’t go wrong with either one.