Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
g-dawg

The most likely pick at #16

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So why has devondre Campbell played roughly 90% of the snaps on defense the past three years if this was true? Shouldn't he hover around 30%?

Cause this clown has no idea what hes talking about

Henderson would make sense.

I have a hard time seeing us field a competetive D with Oliver, Sheffield as starters at CB and Blidi and Miller as depth. I know the coaches are high in these guys, but a single injury can wipe it all away.

Plus, if our coverage is bad getting Fowler will not do us much good.

We have to get some more coverageplayers, so im good with Henderson. If not him, then hopefully another CB in the second.

7 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Overrated in what sense? My point is he's being dinged too much for his poor tackling form (on occasions) but his combination of length and speed to stick to the receiver’s hip pocket in man coverage and contest every catch point is only paralleled by one other cornerback in this class: Okudah, who is the undisputed top player at the position. 

The media, draftniks and posters on these boards that have other corners (outside of Okudah), who have inferior coverage skills, higher than him because they are better in run support is just crazy. Would you rather have a shutdown cornerback who can shadow a team’s top receiver but misses tackles every now and then? Or an average cover corner who gets beat every now and then but tackles consistently? 

You just made my case bruh.

7 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Overrated in what sense? My point is he's being dinged too much for his poor tackling form (on occasions) but his combination of length and speed to stick to the receiver’s hip pocket in man coverage and contest every catch point is only paralleled by one other cornerback in this class: Okudah, who is the undisputed top player at the position. 

The media, draftniks and posters on these boards that have other corners (outside of Okudah), who have inferior coverage skills, higher than him because they are better in run support is just crazy. Would you rather have a shutdown cornerback who can shadow a team’s top receiver but misses tackles every now and then? Or an average cover corner who gets beat every now and then but tackles consistently? 

There are no shutdown corners so

23 hours ago, g-dawg said:

April 23rd

Just to clarify, I’m not saying you’re wrong in guessing Henderson to be our pick. Falcons letting Trufant go kinda forced themselves into a “corner” (pun intended) to take one early. Where I disagree is folks claiming he’ll be a “shutdown” CB. 

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That defense will win them enough games they will have to trade up for Fields. Lawrence probably goes #1.

its gunna be an interesting story line....how the pats will respond...

that is IF we have a season...

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Just to clarify, I’m not saying you’re wrong in guessing Henderson to be our pick. Falcons letting Trufant go kinda forced themselves into taking a corner early. Where I disagree is folks claiming he’ll be a “shutdown” CB. 

Should also be noted I am not saying Henderson WILL be the pick - if I could choose “the field” or Henderson, I would take the field.

23 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'd rather have jaylon Johnson at 16 than Henderson honestly. At least he will hit somebody. I would hate to replace tru with Tru with longer arms.

This is it physical or the better athlete it’s one or thee other.

I also had a good listen to how Whitt Jnr likes to coach it and his presser.I got the inkling they want to play more press man but I could be wrong,here in is why too me running hip to hip and disrupting inside that first 4-5 yards will be the key to coverage for our CBS.

We saw hints of how tighter the coverage was getting last year and there lay thee improvement.

Thats why I’m more focused in on guys like Fulton or a Johnson like you have mentioned.

From Henderson’s draft profile:

He's willing and capable in run support but needs better control as an open-field tackler. Henderson is a fluid cornerback with ball skills and burst and has CB1 ability as a first-round

Strengths

• Willing to charge downhill and attack in run support

9 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Every corner is gonna get beat dude. I atleast want one who will make the tackle after. Semantics my ***.

Every corner will get beat yes, but some get beat significantly more than others. If that wasn't the case you might as well play a linebacker on the boundary. So yes semantics. The word 'shutdown' isn't used literally. 

1 minute ago, Smiler11 said:

Every corner will get beat yes, but some get beat significantly more than others. If that wasn't the case you might as well play a linebacker on the boundary. So yes semantics. The word 'shutdown' isn't used literally. 

I'd rather a corner who gets beat 3 times and gives up 15 yards than a corner who gets beat once and gives up 25+.

17 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I'd rather a corner who gets beat 3 times and gives up 15 yards than a corner who gets beat once and gives up 25+.

That's not how it works in reality though is it. You get beat 3 times and QB's will keep picking on you snap after snap, game after game. QB's don't fear corners who can tackle.

Just now, Smiler11 said:

That's not how it works in reality though is it. You get beat 3 times and QB's will keep picking on you snap after snap, game after game. QB's don't fear corners who can tackle.

Offenses also will throw if you can't tackle. They'll just get it to a guy you arent covering and watch their boy run free.

My mock yesterday had K9 at 16 but I was thinking right now we don’t have a CB1. I don’t think it makes sense to draft a CB in rd 2-3 and he comes in as your CB1. With that said I still don’t see Henderson as being a fit as a true press corner that likes to get physical at the LOS b/c I believe that’s what we’ll be doing.

So I can see a situation like Neal when we took him at 17. He was supposed to go rd 2. But this time we might trade down and take Jaylon Johnson in the 20’s and get an extra pick. I think he is a true press corner and more of DQ’s type. He could be our CB1. It depends on who they have higher on their board.

On 3/23/2020 at 4:27 PM, ike barn87987 said:

I’m not a fan of Henderson. If we took a CB at 16 I’d take Fulton. But I truly think 16 will be Queen. The other CB’s I would take in 2-3 are Johnson, Igbinoghene, or Robinson.

LB is the one glaring hole.  Everything else is depth

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is it physical or the better athlete it’s one or thee other.

I also had a good listen to how Whitt Jnr likes to coach it and his presser.I got the inkling they want to play more press man but I could be wrong,here in is why too me running hip to hip and disrupting inside that first 4-5 yards will be the key to coverage for our CBS.

We saw hints of how tighter the coverage was getting last year and there lay thee improvement.

Thats why I’m more focused in on guys like Fulton or a Johnson like you have mentioned.

Whitt’s perhaps the best offseason addition this team has made so far. 

3 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

BS. Tackling in space is a huge part of a cornerback’s job.