Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
g-dawg

The most likely pick at #16

50 minutes ago, vel said:

I just don't get the vibes for Henderson. Still trying to figure it out, but if he's not willing to tackle, I can't look passed that. Is he that much better than Gladney or Johnson or Fulton? To me, no. If I'm an OC, I'm just running a shlt ton of tosses to Henderson and making him play football until he taps. At that point, he has no legs to run with my #1 WR. 

Also, what is this place's infatuation with projecting CBs as FS converts? What is that about? Oliver does not show anything that would make him a safety. But that shows me yall still don't understand safety play. 

Every CB can convert to safety and every T can convert to G.

If we have a hole at S just draft a CB and move a CB to S instead of getting a ******* S.

Same for G obviously just get a T and move one.

The successful defenses in Seattle featured CB's that were physical and excellent tacklers.  

I think that we are looking for CB's that are good at pressing and Safeties that are good at taking the ball away.  

When I compare what I think is happening now to what I remember from years gone by, Safeties are begging to look like CB's and CB's are beginning to look like Safeties.  

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don't believe Henderson's role would be the slot - he would be a boundary corner and a #1 - otherwise we wouldn't take him in the 1st.   Deion Sanders got around tackling all the way to the Hall of Fame.   No, I am not saying Henderson is Deion Sanders.   I also don't believe his tackling will be a major problem.

If hes not Deion then dont make the comparison to try and rationalize the tackling issues.

4 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Every CB can convert to safety and every T can convert to G.

If we have a hole at S just draft a CB and move a CB to S instead of getting a ******* S.

Same for G obviously just get a T and move one.

Image result for here we go gif joker

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don't believe Henderson's role would be the slot - he would be a boundary corner and a #1 - otherwise we wouldn't take him in the 1st.   Deion Sanders got around tackling all the way to the Hall of Fame.   No, I am not saying Henderson is Deion Sanders.   I also don't believe his tackling will be a major problem.

Because Deion took the ball away and scored points the other way. Henderson needs to make up for it with takeaways. And I'm not saying he will be a slot CB. I'm saying he will have to go in there since Oliver has no business being anything other than a boundary CB. If he's soft inside, teams will eat him up. 

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but I remember Dimitroff saying that Quinn is usually looking at pass rushers following the season but this year Quinn told him that he's been looking at corners.

I personally think if Kinlaw or Brown are not reachable via trade up or at pick 16 then they will go LB in Murray. You have two CB’s that went 6-2 down the stretch, no point in replacing a starter especially with one that shys from tackling. Round 2-3 is where I think they’ll find a CB because i don’t think TD and DQ have fixed the pass rush in just signing Fowler. 

46 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

feel free to get back on subject of Henderson.   Falcons need three corners anyway so someone is playing slot and three corners is basically three starters as teams in nickel 70% off the time anyway.

Wait take essang bassey best nb in draft

Just thought I’d put the whole highlight footage up Chase v Henderson.

Good matchup.

So my take is he relies more on athleticism than instincts for me.Tackling is a legit issue he isn’t physical at all.

Good things in off coverage his speed is clear to see he recovers really well to make pass break ups.

Don’t think he’s a ball hawk he reacts for the most part and doesn’t really jump routes.

If your in love with athleticism Henderson’s your guy because that is impressive the pass break up on the deep shot to Chase is impressive not many corners defend that well.

I wouldn’t trust him in press all day because I don’t believe he’s a physical corner it’s just not his game and that’s tied into the tackling.

6 minutes ago, The Architect said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but I remember Dimitroff saying that Quinn is usually looking at pass rushers following the season but this year Quinn told him that he's been looking at corners.

Was this from last year?....then we took two OL.....lol.

I'm not a big Henderson fan. I find too often he's near a play and ends up the beneficiary of an offensive mistake rather than making a play happen on his own strength. 

Unlike the 2 LBs that will be available in Queen and Murray. I get that we most likely desperately need a CB, but I just don't see Henderson coming in and competing with the likes of Brady + Evans, Godwin, Howard and Brate or Brees + Thomas, Sanders, Ginn, Cook and Kamara.....

I'm of the thinking that every team has their weaknesses, but the best teams have several strengths and a few weaknesses. I don't see drafting a CB at 16 helping the fact that we're going to be weak at CB this year. However, drafting a really good LB prospect to put next to our Pro-Bowl MLB could make that area a strength for us. I'd rather do that at 16 than get a guy that's not going to make a difference immediately on a win now team. 

Always cheered harder for Alford, than Trufant.  

Alford was the more physical corner.....Trufant was soft.  

Trufant made our whole defense look soft....like a rotten apple spoiling the whole lot....lol. 

I do not remember a single player on the Legion of Boom, that was soft.  I want that for us.   Come on Quinn.....give us that toughness.  

2 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

I’m not a fan of Henderson. If we took a CB at 16 I’d take Fulton. But I truly think 16 will be Queen. The other CB’s I would take in 2-3 are Johnson, Igbinoghene, or Robinson.

I think they love Foye. With how much weve been in the 5-2-4 BEAR front, I think they're okay with Deion + Foye. I think its Chaisson given that they loved him (see Kelseys meeting tweet) and how they accidentally announced they didnt have interest in Takks fifth year option. Still room to add to the group.

Chaisson could be the SLB in base and the hands in the dirt/stand up pass rusher 9T DE in nickel. 

If we are taking a corner not named Jeffery Okuda (who will be gone) give me some Jeff Gladney. Could be argued it’s a bit early but he is really freaking good. Aggressive, nasty, runs routes for the WR. I like him a lot. He is going to be a star in the league