Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
g-dawg

The most likely pick at #16

21 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

no doubt with Simmons. **** with the SEC, one can argue there's only very few teams that actually have tough schedules, take LSU this past season. It's why I like looking into guys from bad schools to see how they perform against better teams. 

Lol I feel you about the SEC. that conference is top heavy for sure. Been that way for awhile

What are ya'll even talking about saying judging prospects is an issue because the SEC doesn't play tough schedules.  The SEC is loaded up with NFL prospects and we get to see them play each other.   LSU, Bama, Auburn, UGA, Florida, Texas A&M, usually the Mississippi schools (sad the Tennessee isn't on this list anymore)...not only do they play each other but most schedule a quality non-conference opponent to open the season and then we get to see a comparable opponent for most in the bowl/postseason.  I would argue that there's ample opportunity to judge SEC prospects.

5 hours ago, spanish_falcon said:

I remember Mel Kiper had us taking Ridley in many mock drafts.

he did....think it was more dumb luck him getting that pick right than anything else.   The Falcons were looking at two other BAMA players ahead of him - Da'Ron Payne (DT) and the LB who's name escapes me now.

Obviously it was a good pick and we went away from the Florida DT who hasn't made his mark yet in the NFL.   Falcons did well there to go away from need and just take the best value w/ Ridley.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

he did....think it was more dumb luck him getting that pick right than anything else.   The Falcons were looking at two other BAMA players ahead of him - Da'Ron Payne (DT) and the LB who's name escapes me now.

Obviously it was a good pick and we went away from the Florida DT who hasn't made his mark yet in the NFL.   Falcons did well there to go away from need and just take the best value w/ Ridley.

True, Evans who was picked by Tennessee. And man I'm glad we didn't pick Tavon Bryan. Almost everyone was convinced we would be our pick because of the Quinn - Florida connection.

On 4/14/2020 at 5:07 AM, youngbloodz said:

Did you not see Vic in college? He was a superior player in college compared to what CJ was. There were whispers about Vic than not loving football but his natural talent mask all of that. We will see what happens with CJ

CJ has heart. Nothing about him says bust. Vic fit the mold of Von Miller but his intensity and effort and desire were always in question. Getting off in college on a great team is diff. CJ played hard on a sorry *** Gator team in shambles his freshman year. 

28 minutes ago, Stryka said:

CJ has heart. Nothing about him says bust. Vic fit the mold of Von Miller but his intensity and effort and desire were always in question. Getting off in college on a great team is diff. CJ played hard on a sorry *** Gator team in shambles his freshman year. 

Bro you can have all the determination in the world and try your hardest and still be a bust. CJ has all the physical tools in the world. Time will tell. I hope he proves me wrong because I want all south Florida players to shine

11 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Started this thread over three weeks ago.

Still say this thread holds up and CJ Henderson is the most likely pick - but I do NOT believe they need to trade up.

Yeah I’m starting to accept that CJ is the pick. Not a fan of him but he’s better than what we have and at the least, hopefully they don’t give up an extra pick to go get him. 

Atlanta Falcons Fan 7 stages of grief over the selection of CJ Henderson

Atlanta Falcons new uniforms: Like or dislike?

#1 - Shock

How to watch Falcons - Dolphins preseason Week 1 - The Falcoholic

Draft Wire lists riser C.J. Henderson as a surprise pick for Jags

#2 - Denial

Atlanta Falcons fan cheers during first half Editorial Stock Photo ...

Draft Profile: Florida CB CJ Henderson – 4th & Jawn

#3- Anger

Atlanta Falcons fan

GoGators Instagram posts - Gramho.com

#4 - Fear

Falcons fans celebrate win over Seahawks - YouTube

Florida CB C.J. Henderson has a tackling problem

#5 - Depression

To Atlanta Falcons Fans

NFL Trade rumors: Falcons looking to trade up for C.J. Henderson ...

#6 - Bargaining

Atlanta Falcons new uniforms will hopefully grow on fans

Five Questions with ... Gators cornerback CJ Henderson - Florida ...

#7 - Acceptance

Atlanta Falcons Fans - Home | Facebook

C.J. Henderson CB Florida - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network

On 4/17/2020 at 5:32 AM, g-dawg said:

Started this thread over three weeks ago.

Still say this thread holds up and CJ Henderson is the most likely pick - but I do NOT believe they need to trade up.

Yep, also said people were underrating him because of overblown concerns with his tackling. The guy was rated as a late 1st/early 2nd around a month ago and now he's a likely top 10 pick and potentially the first corner off the board.