Are these big signings just a result of Quinn and TD being on the hot seat

1 hour ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

I never said that. The question I was trying to make is that say if we would have went 8-8 or maybe 9-7 and they weren't so much on the hot seat, do you think they would have still gotten Fowler and Gurley (trying to give Blank assurance) or looked elsewhere just to put a band aid on those positions in need?

If they do that again it’ll tell me the coaches haven’t maximised the talent on this roster and both guys will be history.Fowler or Gurley aren’t the key to success here they are mere pieces of a puzzle that has to be pieced together by our HC.

For me he’s the weak link right now all we’ve seen from him is consistent inconsistency up n down.Extremes in performance.The defense last year is a prime example of what I’m talking about.Its Night and Day the differences  in performance this is where we have to get our best and worse closer together across the board.

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Last year aside, TD makes a splash almost every season...not sure where the narrative comes from that the Falcons never acquire anyone outside the draft.

Logically thinking, we should have won in 16, and had a good chance to at least make it there the next year , but non winning seasons to follow up, they should be on the hot seat now

3 hours ago, NaGaBoy said:

Yes, it appears there is a plan.  I have not perceived that in a while.

Agree. These first moves seem to be Gurley for the short-term, Fowler for the longer term. My guess is we will see TD's usual aggressive draft, but with close oversight by McKay so we get more immediate help, but also some long-range development and depth help.

1 hour ago, rogueleadersf said:

Logically thinking, we should have won in 16, and had a good chance to at least make it there the next year , but non winning seasons to follow up, they should be on the hot seat now

Can’t argue that. My point was just that these moves aren’t just because he has a hot seat, he is usually pretty aggressive in FA.

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

If they do that again it’ll tell me the coaches haven’t maximised the talent on this roster and both guys will be history.Fowler or Gurley aren’t the key to success here they are mere pieces of a puzzle that has to be pieced together by our HC.

For me he’s the weak link right now all we’ve seen from him is consistent inconsistency up n down.Extremes in performance.The defense last year is a prime example of what I’m talking about.Its Night and Day the differences  in performance this is where we have to get our best and worse closer together across the board.

I COMPLETELY agree with this. To me it's like DQ keeps "experimenting" with this team to get something to stick. Fail after fail after fail. We don't have the time with Matt and Julio getting older.

I think it's more needing to fill holes, and being able to do so. A hot seat move would have been in line with us trading a 2nd or 3rd for Gurley and eating the cap or giving Clowney 20+ million.

I mean Todd Gurley for 6 million might end up being the biggest bargain ever if we use him properly. A lot seem to think the Rams underutilized him, and I am sure many other teams wouldn't have mind having him at that kind of money.

Fowler is 26, with a lot of upside. After considering the fact that Fowler missed a whole year with an ACL injury, and Jax entire defense declining since 2016, it's not totally out of the question to believe Fowler could be an exceptional value himself. I have no doubts other teams wanted him on their roster.

Hurst is probably the most undervalued of these moves. A first round talent that was being wasted due to the Ravens developing another TE while Hurst was injured.

If we cleaned house, and made these moves, I'm sure this thread would have been geared towards praising the new regime for making moves the prior one couldn't/wouldn't have made. Remember, these type of moves weren't thought to be possible by many on TATF.