Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconsIn2012

Our OL Is Now Complete (Day 2 Pick)

If we draft this guy Day 2.  

We need this attitude on our team.  Look how he literally beats the crap out of Bama’s OL as a freshman.  He has allowed 18 pressures in three years.  Has injury history but I don’t give af

Send this tape to Flowery Branch

@FalconFanSince1970 this is your kind of player 

6 minutes ago, RYNE said:

What? 

This would be a great Round 3 pick

OG NETANE MUTI, FRESNO STATE

Muti has been tossing college defensive lineman around since the first day he stepped on a college football field back in 2017. That year, he allowed only 11 pressures and earned an 80.4 overall grade. Injuries have limited him to only 318 snaps since between left tackle and left guard, but on those he’s allowed only three pressures. Back in that 2017 season though, Muti ranked third among all guards in the nation with seven big-time run blocks. His highlight tape is reminiscent of former top-10 pick Quenton Nelson in its utter physical dominance.

Sounds like a perfect fit for us:

Last Word

Netane Muti is a rangey, powerful interior force with a nasty edge whose injury problems over the last two years will cloud his stock. He projects best as a left guard, but will offer some positional flexion with the ability to play both guard spots, or either tackle spot in a pinch. He is scheme versatile, but would be best used in a system that allows him to get out in space and utilize his range.

5 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

Ton of injuries. My only reservation. Best ability is availability...

It’s true.  But if you can get a top 15 talent in the 3rd or 4th, it’s worth the risk.  Lisfranc injury takes time but you make a full recovery

I love his attitude and drive, and he has some decent athletic traits, but I don't see him being nearly as good as some of y'all in this thread. Watching highlights is an iffy way to make an opinion on certain prospects, but absolutely with OL.

Also, those highlights are from 2017, so there's that. I would totally take him in the 4th, but with his injury issues and limitations like poor leverage, questionable feet at times, teeny T-Rex arms, etc, I wouldn't take him early. If anyone takes him in the 1st...oof. He's pretty rangy as a guard but that's more because of his motor and want-to than his physical traits or foot talent. JMHO

He and McGary will get along fine lol. Both as goofy as can be and have a nasty temperament on the field. I wouldn't even mind in the second.

But... I'm high on Gono. If it weren't for his back injury last year I think he would already have a starting role. Gotta remember, Gono ran a sub 5 and **** near 10 foot broad jump at 319. Almost 35 inch arms and no bad weight. Nasty temperament also. 

Wouldn't mind if we went all D this year at all.

6 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I love his attitude and drive, and he has some decent athletic traits, but I don't see him being nearly as good as some of y'all in this thread. Watching highlights is an iffy way to make an opinion on certain prospects, but absolutely with OL.

Also, those highlights are from 2017, so there's that. I would totally take him in the 4th, but with his injury issues and limitations like poor leverage, questionable feet at times, teeny T-Rex arms, etc, I wouldn't take him early. If anyone takes him in the 1st...oof. He's pretty rangy as a guard but that's more because of his motor and want-to than his physical traits or foot talent. JMHO

I'm not saying I'm a fan of him. I haven't watched the guy at all. Just from what I've been hearing from people I think he goes first round. 

31 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

His 2017 tape is all you can really go by.  His arms are too short for Tackle but he has been switching between tackle and guard the last two years.  His tape as just a guard is very solid.  Health and over aggressiveness are the only red flags I see