Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the Corona virus will ruin the 2020 NFL season?

10 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Everyone seems to react differently to their fear. Some attack good news, some go into apocalyptic scenarios with no faith or hope, some refuse to buy the narratives and just pay attention to the incredible machine called America and the worlds scientific community who are all working around the clock to get us all back to work ASAP. 

For me, I’m paying very close attention to what ***physicians*** in New York City either running the hospitals or running medical centers in the New York area.  They are the ones administering the trial drugs, they are the ones reporting tremendous success with them.*$# the news and many of the politicians, I don’t trust most of them as far as I can throw them. The physicians are who I listen to the most. I have heard SEVERAL say the same thing, this stuff is working, and it’s working fast. 

One physical who had a clinic in an area where most of his patients were high risk, started treating the patients who tested positive for Coronavirus with  hydroxychloroquine and zinc. He treated over 350 high risk, older patients just as they symptoms started, and ZERO had to be hospitalized and ZERO died.  Out of 350 high risk patients!

A manufacturing facility in West Virginia just opens up and they will start cranking out doses of this drug starting in just 2 weeks! I believe there are at least two more in the works if not many more.

The entire worlds scientific community is all over this and there are other drugs that have shown tremendous results in Remdesivir , Japan has another drug called Avigan that is working very well. 

America will be back to work shortly.  Just watch. 

Hopefully the economy has a quick bounce back. 

39 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Everyone seems to react differently to their fear.

Some attack or downplay good news, some go into apocalyptic scenarios with no faith or hope, some believe the sometimes hyperbolic and often misleading media. Others refuse to buy the media narratives and just pay attention to the physicians working in the trenches and have faith in the incredible machine called America and the worlds scientific community who are all working around the clock to get us all back to work ASAP. 

For me, I’m paying very close attention to what ***physicians in the trenches*** in New York City either running the hospitals or running medical centers in the New York area are saying.  They are the ones administering the trial drugs, they are the ones reporting tremendous success with them.*$# the news and many of the politicians, I don’t trust most of them as far as I can throw them. The physicians are who I listen to the most. I have heard SEVERAL say the same thing, this stuff is working, and it’s working fast. 

One physical who had a clinic in an area where most of his patients were high risk, started treating the patients who tested positive for Coronavirus with  hydroxychloroquine and zinc. He treated over 350 high risk, older patients just as they symptoms started, and ZERO had to be hospitalized and ZERO died.  Out of 350 high risk patients!

A manufacturing facility in West Virginia just opens up and they will start cranking out doses of this drug starting in just 2 weeks! I believe there are at least two more in the works if not many more.

The entire worlds scientific community is all over this and there are other drugs that have shown tremendous results in Remdesivir , Japan has another drug called Avigan that is working very well. 

That guy on Twitter called it ******** and said you can't cure a virus among other ****. He also said that drug wouldn't be approved because it would kill everyone. I just had to stop responding to him because he's not a doctor and doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground. He's one of those smartass "I'm always right" jackasses that you can't have a conversation with about anything. I'll listen to the doctors on this one.

53 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

That guy on Twitter called it ******** and said you can't cure a virus among other ****. He also said that drug wouldn't be approved because it would kill everyone. I just had to stop responding to him because he's not a doctor and doesn't know his head from a hole in the ground. He's one of those smartass "I'm always right" jackasses that you can't have a conversation with about anything. I'll listen to the doctors on this one.

Hepatitis C is a virus they found a cure for.

As far as the medication, the dosage in the clinical trial  in France for CV is virtually same for malaria. 600mgs per day for 6 days. Malaria dosage is 500mgs per day for several weeks. This drug has been prescribed to millions since the 1940s.  Like any drug, there are some who shouldn’t take it. But claiming it’s a dangerous deadly drug to the masses is media malpractice. 

There’s a lot of navigating one has to do to sift through the BS narratives, misinformation and fear mongering. Those physicians in the trenches using this medication have no reason to lie. I trust them over the media for sure.

That said, the coronavirus is serious and it’s going to get ugly over the short term in New York City, New Orleans that doesn’t have the healthcare infrastructure to deal with their Mardis Gras Covid19 bomb about to go off, but the medical community And American manufacturing might is going to get in front of this thing sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Hopefully the economy has a quick bounce back. 

I believe that is most likely going to be the case.  The entire world is going to have a reset with outsourcing of certain goods related to national security. Much of the manufacturing of these goods will get pulled out of China and come back to our shores. Medications, medical supplies etc. 

We all need to brace for the next few weeks as it is going to get ugly, but the sun will be coming out.

14 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Well of course it is. But if this drug helps and we can get back to normal in only 2 more months instead of 6 more months..... That is all I was saying. Jesus ******* Christ you sound like that jackass on Twitter just now that **** all over that doctor and his video. Why is it that no one can even hope for things to get better without people like you coming into it and ****ting all over the **** thing because you want to believe that life as we know it will never be better and we're all gonna die and we might as well not even ******* try!!

I'm an ER doctor...I am in the thick of this thing every day. I am not crapping on everything...I am a realist because I have to deal with it every day. I don't have the option or choice of hanging out at home or working in a low risk environment. I am simply saying that this a very challenging issue. That's literally all I said. You can stop attacking people. 

8 hours ago, gazoo said:

Everyone seems to react differently to their fear.

Some attack or downplay good news, some go into apocalyptic scenarios with no faith or hope, some believe the sometimes hyperbolic and often misleading media. Others refuse to buy the media narratives and just pay attention to the physicians working in the trenches and have faith in the incredible machine called America and the worlds scientific community who are all working around the clock to get us all back to work ASAP. 

For me, I’m paying very close attention to what ***physicians in the trenches*** in New York City either running the hospitals or running medical centers in the New York area are saying.  They are the ones administering the trial drugs, they are the ones reporting tremendous success with them.*$# the news and many of the politicians, I don’t trust most of them as far as I can throw them. The physicians are who I listen to the most. I have heard SEVERAL say the same thing, this stuff is working, and it’s working fast. 

Some are hysterical over the number of infections that have spiked recently, but their news didn’t tell them a big reason is because they just started broader testing, so of course confirmed cases are spiking. I’m paying far more attention to hospitalizations and deaths than I am infections. Over 80% of people who get it don’t have symptoms, so the key to getting back to work is how to slow the number who are having to be hospitalized and ultimately dying. The Wall Street Journal just today had an article asking is the fatality rate way lower than initially estimated. The 3.4% WHO number was misleading, it only divided number of confirmed cases by deaths as opposed to estimated cases by deaths. Using CDC numbers, if you divided confirmed flu cases by deaths in US this year it would be a 10% fatality rate. The fatality rate in United States has dropped to 1.2% and continues to go down.

One physician who had a clinic in an area where most of his patients were high risk, started treating the patients who tested positive for Coronavirus with  hydroxychloroquine and zinc. He treated over 350 high risk, older patients just as they symptoms started, and ZERO had to be hospitalized and ZERO died.  Out of 350 high risk patients!

Fantastic post my friend.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:11 AM, FA91 said:

A flater curve doesn't necessarily mean a longer curve. Less people infected means less people doing the infecting. See Japan.

If they could get the full amount of test kits to test everybody, then the curve could be both flattened and shortened.

9 hours ago, gazoo said:

Hepatitis C is a virus they found a cure for.

As far as the medication, the dosage in the clinical trial  in France for CV is virtually same for malaria. 600mgs per day for 6 days. Malaria dosage is 500mgs per day for several weeks. This drug has been prescribed to millions since the 1940s.  Like any drug, there are some who shouldn’t take it. But claiming it’s a dangerous deadly drug to the masses is media malpractice. 

There’s a lot of navigating one has to do to sift through the BS narratives, misinformation and fear mongering. Those physicians in the trenches using this medication have no reason to lie. I trust them over the media for sure.

That said, the coronavirus is serious and it’s going to get ugly over the short term in New York City, New Orleans that doesn’t have the healthcare infrastructure to deal with their Mardis Gras Covid19 bomb about to go off, but the medical community And American manufacturing might is going to get in front of this thing sooner than later. 

I wasn't referring to the media. I was referring to that ******* on Twitter who thinks he's smarter and better than everyone.

2 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

I'm an ER doctor...I am in the thick of this thing every day. I am not crapping on everything...I am a realist because I have to deal with it every day. I don't have the option or choice of hanging out at home or working in a low risk environment. I am simply saying that this a very challenging issue. That's literally all I said. You can stop attacking people. 

I never said it wasn't a very challenging issue. All I said was that this was potentially good ******* news and you jumped all over me like I don't know a god dang thing!! Because I said that maybe we could get back to normal in 2 months instead of 6 months. Excuse the *********** out of me for trying to find a positive in this entire **** show that our life has turned into and the ******* people in charge of this **** country refuse to help us.

Get pissed if ya'll want but at some point they will have to isolate the at risk people and let us live our lives. These people saying 6 or more months know **** well the economy can not sustain that. At some point they have to weigh the risks and realize it will do more harm than good.

Just now, Malachore said:

Get pissed if ya'll want but at some point they will have to isolate the at risk people and let us live our lives. These people saying 6 or more months know **** well the economy can not sustain that. At some point they have to weigh the risks and realize it will do more harm than good.

Exactly!!

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

This is correct. We did not shut down the country and practice social distancing when we lost 78,000 Americans to the common flu during the 2017/2018 flu season. So just number of deaths by themselves isn't the only criteria we need to address before opening the country back up.

A big  issue is making sure we do not overwhelm the healthcare system from a surge of patients the system cannot handle. 

Many people dont realize the suicide hotlines are expereincing a surge in calls since coronavirus shutdown. People are losing their jobs, others are loing their businesses and being bankrupt, others cant even pay their morgages or for medication for their sick parents and children. The media spins this as only looking at the virus, they conveniently ignore the social impact, death and destruction resulting from the shutdown.  

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/24/metro/amid-coronavirus-surge-calls-massachusetts-suicide-prevention-hotline/

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

This is correct. We did not shut down the country and practice social distancing when we lost 78,000 Americans to the common flu during the 2017/2018 flu season. So just number of deaths by themselves isn't the only criteria we need to address before opening the country back up.

A big  issue is making sure we do not overwhelm the healthcare system from a surge of patients the system cannot handle. 

Many people dont realize the suicide hotlines are expereincing a surge in calls since coronavirus shutdown. People are losing their jobs, others are loing their businesses and being bankrupt, others cant even pay their morgages or for medication for their sick parents and children. The media spins this as only looking at the virus, they conveniently ignore the social impact, death and destruction resulting from the shutdown.  

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/24/metro/amid-coronavirus-surge-calls-massachusetts-suicide-prevention-hotline/

Country also didn't shutdown back in 2009 when the swine flu hit and that was pretty bad too.