Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the Corona virus will ruin the 2020 NFL season?

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I am reading you now. Yeah, I saw a mainstream media article with a hyperbolic headline about the drug being able to kill you if you take 2 grams.

Yet the dosage for malaria is 1.5 grams day 1 then .5 grams for weeks. With Corona it is .6 grams daily for 10 days.  The media is full of #$@& sometimes. The drug has been used for decades. Many medications say if you take it as prescribed it could cause death. 

True that. I talked to a friend today that's been battling lupus and has taken the drug for a long time. She said they took her off of it because of damage to her retina's.

That's long term, not a 10 day course for covid-19

1 minute ago, FA91 said:

True that. I talked to a friend today that's been battling lupus and has taken the drug for a long time. She said they took her off of it because of damage to her retina's.

That's long term, not a 10 day course for covid-19

That’s correct, it can cause some issues if they take it long term. I go to Africa quite a bit and myself and anyone I’ve been with have never had an issue taking it for 10 days or more. 

The antiviral drug Geliad Sciences from Israel makes called Remdesivir is also showing great promise.

The chloroquine has an advantage getting rolled out quicker because it is commonly prescribed for malaria, Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and some Protozoa infections. It’s also been used for decades

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

OIt appears to me they’ve got a cure for it that takes 3-6 days to kill the virus in the system. It’s not 100% certain, but it’s pretty dam close at this point.

It’s medication I have to take when I go to Africa to prevent me from getting malaria. Chloroquine. The dosage is very close to what it is for malaria only you take it just 10 days for the virus and for malaria much longer.

They are already giving it to patients in the hospital systems in NYC with great success by prescribing it “off label” until the FDA approves it for CV. Dr William Grace, a lead physician at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan said all this in an interview Wednesday night.  Here is the interview Michelle Godschalk , here is the physician at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan Dr William Grace, being interviewed last week stating hospitals all across the United States are already using this drug successfully. He said “in the trenches” everyone is using this drug already as they wait for FDA approval. He said he’s spoken to several other hospitals about this and it’s a big success so far  . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYyrQ4RxtOQ

We should know a LOT more later this week.

Here is an actor who’s dr prescribed it to him and he got better. He called the Chloroquine a secret weapon against the virus. Listen at 4 minutes in as he talks about it

Actor Daniel Dae Kim Credits Anti-Malaria Drug his Doctor prescribed to him
https://youtu.be/QuKbXhJ7bFQ 

That's great!!! They were saying it would take 18 months if we were lucky to find a cure for this.

5 hours ago, streetenigma23 said:

You want a longer process because our hospitals will get overwhelmed quickly, that's the whole point of 'flattening the curve'. If you want to see a lot more people die, you can go thru the already failure policy that UK attempted at the beginning, which was battling this thru 'herd immunity'---they essentially believed that if enough people got sick, it would grant enough immunity to the masses. Their moronic leader did not understand no healthcare infrastructure is built for that immediate mass influx. There's not enough ICU beds, ventilators, staff, etc for what you're suggesting. 

The Chinese have been dishonest from the beginning, do you really think they're being realistic on these numbers and actions?

Depends on how quickly this thing goes away but I doubt this NFL season will begin in Sept. 

The UKs "leader" was following advice from health officials/scientists. To say he didn't understand the healthcare infrastructure couldn't cope with it is rubbish. Just because he didn't follow other countries restrictions at the exact time. The advice for those at most risk groups for the time being is 12 weeks self-isolation. 

The policy of banning travel from China and then Italy should've been in place ASAP, and the WHO stating in mid January that there was no clear evidence of human to human transmission (that's two months at least after this outbreak!), what a load of bollocks that was.

A neighbour at the end of my road tested positive for the virus yesterday and it was only because he was in hospital for other reasons that tests flagged it up. He's in the most at risk group.

It's going to be a heavily abbreviated off-season at best to have games beginning in September.

7 hours ago, FA91 said:

A flater curve doesn't necessarily mean a longer curve. Less people infected means less people doing the infecting. See Japan.

Less people in Japan. And they went on a full lockdown. The US is screwed unfortunately. You will be hit the hardest and I’m a little worried about the spillover to me as a result of that. 

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

That's great!!! They were saying it would take 18 months if we were lucky to find a cure for this.

They were saying up to 18 months for a vaccine which is a preventative the masses can take like we do  a flu shot.  

This drug they are using now with such tremendous promise is a treatment, actually it’s a cure because it flat out kills the virus in 3-6 days which is amazing.

9 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I don’t give a hoot about the NFL season in comparison to getting an adequate handle on this virus!  
People are getting sick & losing their elderly loved ones & the stock market is falling.

Fk the nfl right now.  I do this for a distraction primarily. Huge nfl football fan but this isn’t even in the same stratosphere.

Not to mention....

Does it really matter what we think?

Yea, I think people are underestimating the global impact this is going to have long term. I think millions are going to die and society as a whole is going to be majorly disrupted for the next year. I think things will be coming back to what will be the new normal in 2021. This will be a 9/11 type event for society where we eventually go on but things will be permanently changed long term.

9 hours ago, Lowndesfalc said:

Many times a virus becomes less effective with  warm weather. With this one, who knows. Reasons being that more people are outside with warm weather and not interacting as much indoors where the air is dryer.  There is more humidity in the air during warm weather. Virus attaches to humid air which drops quickly and virus doesn’t stay in the air very long. We can pray that happens. Not for sports but for humanity. Maybe we can be more prepared for the next one. 

Plus I was told that the virus doesn’t like warm temps either. That’s why they say drink warmer liquids because it can kill it in your throat and lesson the amount at least. 

12 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I don’t give a hoot about the NFL season in comparison to getting an adequate handle on this virus!  
People are getting sick & losing their elderly loved ones & the stock market is falling.

Fk the nfl right now.  I do this for a distraction primarily. Huge nfl football fan but this isn’t even in the same stratosphere.

SAME HERE. I fthis thing drags out til Football season, the NFL is the least of our worries.

I’m some ways it will; it’s inevitable.  Remember this is the first wave of Corona there seems to always be a second wave. But once this is behind us and all the gov precautions are back in place we should be good.  I look forward to it whenever it happens