Do you think the Corona virus will ruin the 2020 NFL season?

on paper our Atlanta Falcons look like they are ready to be a legit super bowl contender in 2020. One thing that's making me reluctant to get too excited for this upcoming season is the Corona virus. Are you guys concerned the Corona virus could mess up the NFL season? Or do you think they will figure out how to tackle this virus once and for all by then?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t give a hoot about the NFL season in comparison to getting an adequate handle on this virus!   People are getting sick & losing their elderly loved ones & the stock market is falling.

OIt appears to me they’ve got a cure for it that takes 3-6 days to kill the virus in the system. It’s not 100% certain, but it’s pretty dam close at this point. It’s medication I have to take whe

Nobody really knows what’s gonna happen. By attempting to “flatten the curve”, we are dragging the process out. China got slammed and it seems they are on the mend now. That’s not what we want here in

Its definitely going into june or july at the earliest , so thats already bad because players are thrusted into training camp at that point and you know what happens as a result. This nfl season may look very different , if it aint cleared up by august they are cancelling the season or at least postponing it 

I don’t give a hoot about the NFL season in comparison to getting an adequate handle on this virus!  
People are getting sick & losing their elderly loved ones & the stock market is falling.

Fk the nfl right now.  I do this for a distraction primarily. Huge nfl football fan but this isn’t even in the same stratosphere.

Nobody really knows what’s gonna happen. By attempting to “flatten the curve”, we are dragging the process out. China got slammed and it seems they are on the mend now. That’s not what we want here in the US, but the consequence of that is a longer process. 

I think we will be playing football in the fall, but the offseason activities could look a little different for sure. 

Right now my main focus is seeing what happens to MLB. We were looking forward to our 4th season in a row attending a  Braves game, 2nd with my almost 2 year old son. 

But of course, all that really matters is we all make it through this for the most part. Sports are just entertainment for 99% of us. Everybody wash your hands well and be smart. 

Hope not, but mostly because if it doesn't ruin the season that means it's likely being contained well. Or, at least better. It's been such a ****show in the US so far. Things are going parabolic. Only getting worse from here - not trying to fear-monger either, it's not difficult to do your part to be safe and too many people are taking it to an extreme. But I'm much more worried for the 60+ folks I know and immunocompromised friends than I am about football. They just aren't in the same area code of concern.

56 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

Nobody really knows what’s gonna happen. By attempting to “flatten the curve”, we are dragging the process out. China got slammed and it seems they are on the mend now. That’s not what we want here in the US, but the consequence of that is a longer process. 

I think we will be playing football in the fall, but the offseason activities could look a little different for sure. 

Right now my main focus is seeing what happens to MLB. We were looking forward to our 4th season in a row attending a  Braves game, 2nd with my almost 2 year old son. 

But of course, all that really matters is we all make it through this for the most part. Sports are just entertainment for 99% of us. Everybody wash your hands well and be smart. 

You want a longer process because our hospitals will get overwhelmed quickly, that's the whole point of 'flattening the curve'. If you want to see a lot more people die, you can go thru the already failure policy that UK attempted at the beginning, which was battling this thru 'herd immunity'---they essentially believed that if enough people got sick, it would grant enough immunity to the masses. Their moronic leader did not understand no healthcare infrastructure is built for that immediate mass influx. There's not enough ICU beds, ventilators, staff, etc for what you're suggesting. 

The Chinese have been dishonest from the beginning, do you really think they're being realistic on these numbers and actions?

Depends on how quickly this thing goes away but I doubt this NFL season will begin in Sept. 

Edited by streetenigma23

Many times a virus becomes less effective with  warm weather. With this one, who knows. Reasons being that more people are outside with warm weather and not interacting as much indoors where the air is dryer.  There is more humidity in the air during warm weather. Virus attaches to humid air which drops quickly and virus doesn’t stay in the air very long. We can pray that happens. Not for sports but for humanity. Maybe we can be more prepared for the next one. 

OIt appears to me they’ve got a cure for it that takes 3-6 days to kill the virus in the system. It’s not 100% certain, but it’s pretty dam close at this point.

It’s medication I have to take when I go to Africa to prevent me from getting malaria. Chloroquine. The dosage is very close to what it is for malaria only you take it just 10 days for the virus and for malaria much longer.

They are already giving it to patients in the hospital systems in NYC with great success by prescribing it “off label” until the FDA approves it for CV. Dr William Grace, a lead physician at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan said all this in an interview Wednesday night.  Here is the interview Michelle Godschalk , here is the physician at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan Dr William Grace, being interviewed last week stating hospitals all across the United States are already using this drug successfully. He said “in the trenches” everyone is using this drug already as they wait for FDA approval. He said he’s spoken to several other hospitals about this and it’s a big success so far  . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYyrQ4RxtOQ

We should know a LOT more later this week.

Here is an actor who’s dr prescribed it to him and he got better. He called the Chloroquine a secret weapon against the virus. Listen at 4 minutes in as he talks about it

Actor Daniel Dae Kim Credits Anti-Malaria Drug his Doctor prescribed to him
https://youtu.be/QuKbXhJ7bFQ 

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

on paper our Atlanta Falcons look like they are ready to be a legit super bowl contender in 2020. One thing that's making me reluctant to get too excited for this upcoming season is the Corona virus. Are you guys concerned the Corona virus could mess up the NFL season? Or do you think they will figure out how to tackle this virus once and for all by then?

It's a good possibility unless the US gets a handle on this before June!

1 hour ago, FA91 said:

Using it in Italy also to good effect.

The United States federal government just got 3 million doses from Bayer in Germany, and Israel just donated another 6 million doses to us. 

We are stockpiling it in our hospitals to treat those with severe symptoms for now. Once our manufacturing facilities get cranking it out we can start taking it prophylactically in areas where there are high infection rates.

We also have manufacturing plants starting to make it, 9me just opened in West Virginia.

https://newyork.citybizlist.com/article/602160/mylan-ramps-up-production-of-hydroxychloroquine-as-a-potential-covid-19-treatment 

Everything is being fast tracked bigtime. 

25 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tell you what the country I’m in New Zealand has basically closed down for a month to knock the pandemic on the head.

We are talking only thee essential services running so yes I could see this shutting the nfl down if it get serious enough over your ways.

Hope it doesn’t.

I believe the Ausies have come up with a treatment for it as well, can’t recall what it was. 

5 minutes ago, gazoo said:

The United States federal government just got 3 million doses from Bayer in Germany, and Israel just donated another 6 million doses to us. 

We also have manufacturing plants starting to make it, 9me just opened in West Virginia. Everything is being fast tracked bigtime.

"Fairytails" indeed. I call it hope.

13 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Listen to this physician who runs a big hospital in Manhattan. This goes from fairy tale to “Ive spoken to many other hospitals and they are all having tremendous success treating Coronavirus with this drug” 

China, Italy,and France have been trying out this cocktail of drugs for a bit and the results are positive across the board. I put " fairytail" in quotation marks because I saw our msm call it that for the past 2 days. Like I say , I'm hopeful. What else we got?

11 minutes ago, FA91 said:

China, Italy,and France have been trying out this cocktail of drugs for a bit and the results are positive across the board. I put " fairytail" in quotation marks because I saw our msm call it that for the past 2 days. Like I say , I'm hopeful. What else we got?

I am reading you now. Yeah, it’s working everywhere they try it.

I saw a mainstream media article with a hyperbolic headline about the drug being able to kill you if you take 2 grams.

Yet the dosage for malaria is 1.5 grams day 1 then .5 grams for weeks. With Corona it is .6 grams daily for 10 days.  The media is full of #$@& sometimes. The drug has been used for decades. Many medications say if you take it as prescribed it could cause death. 

6 minutes ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

They were trying to come up with a cure using hiv and malaria drugs.

I knew I’d read something about them us8mg the malaria drug. 

This is the clinical trial that changed everything. There was only a 1 in 10,000 change the results were a false positive. It was this study that blew the doors off everything into a full sprint 

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/French-researcher-in-Marseille-posts-successful-Covid-19-coronavirus-drug-trial-results