Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lju713

LB,CB,or DT in the 1st?

Do we trade up for Okudah? Stay at 16 and take Chaisson or Henderson? Trade back for Diggs,Fulton,or K9 Murray? We have 2 4th round picks and LB is a deep group this year. I like Shaun Bradley,Gay Jr in that round.

Do we have our eye on Kinlaw/Brown trade up? The front office is definitely building to win now. Any move to get better is not out of question in my opinion. Thoughts?

Chaisson will not be there at 16. No way in HelI some team isn’t going to either trade up for him or take him top 10. Look what Raiders did with Ferrel. Teams covet speed and pass rushers. He won’t last long even if he doesn’t deserve it. 

I think given the weakness of the draft the pick has to be LB in Round 1. I would take Murray but would be ok with Queen as well. 

I say LB because contributing CBs and DTs can be had later in the draft. Furthermore the makeup of our team has DTs and CBs that are capable as of now. The LB spot is bare.

Although I think we are really understating a move for Foye to Campbell's position, which if so then it makes this question a bit harder.

If Kinlaw drops, then he's the pick.

If he doesn't drop and the choice is between Chaisson and Henderson, then that's super tough but I would go with Chaisson.

If neither Kinlaw or Chaisson drops, then it's Henderson over Murray imo.

Best player might be DT or LB if we think we can land a good CB in round 2...

Depends on who is at 16 first. it’s unlikely we can afford to move up this year but it could be tempting if Young is at 12 LUL (won’t happen :ninja:)

More likely...we move down if we don’t have a target over others at 16...but if it’s between a couple players only? We may just take the favorite if no one is offering a good enough deal to take 16 from us.

I mean, we were rumored to be targeting Bush before Pitt traded up for him last year. I wonder if we go LB in round 1 and a scheme-fit corner in round 2?:shrug:

The thing is whether either Queen or Murray are as good a prospect as Bush last draft?

50 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

I say LB because contributing CBs and DTs can be had later in the draft. Furthermore the makeup of our team has DTs and CBs that are capable as of now. The LB spot is bare.

Although I think we are really understating a move for Foye to Campbell's position, which if so then it makes this question a bit harder.

If Kinlaw drops, then he's the pick.

If he doesn't drop and the choice is between Chaisson and Henderson, then that's super tough but I would go with Chaisson.

If neither Kinlaw or Chaisson drops, then it's Henderson over Murray imo.

Honestly, if you can get the best Corner available vs what a SLB needs to do? If a LB is the pick, he needs to be a clear upgrade to Vondre and be able to run/cover and potentially rush the passer as well from that spot.

Otoh, if you go CB...it deepens your secondary and provides some injury insurance.

Foye is not a SLB.

We likely can’t get a good pass rusher there unless Kinlaw is viewed as worth it vs upgrading our coverages. Maybe Chaisson deepens the pass rush potential but idk how he projects in coverage if playing SLB.

Could Chaisson play SLB in base but only rush the passer in sub-packages and use Foye next to DeBo in Nickel instead? 

If Kinlaw is there at 16 we stay put...same with Chaisson.  If both are gone I say we try to try back...if no takers we stay where we are and take Henderson at 16 and Malik Harrison in the second.  If a trade back is possible...we take K9 and the take best available corner in the second.  Address middle of the dline in third. 

47 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

Honestly, if you can get the best Corner available vs what a SLB needs to do? If a LB is the pick, he needs to be a clear upgrade to Vondre and be able to run/cover and potentially rush the passer as well from that spot.

Otoh, if you go CB...it deepens your secondary and provides some injury insurance.

Foye is not a SLB.

We likely can’t get a good pass rusher there unless Kinlaw is viewed as worth it vs upgrading our coverages. Maybe Chaisson deepens the pass rush potential but idk how he projects in coverage if playing SLB.

Could Chaisson play SLB in base but only rush the passer in sub-packages and use Foye next to DeBo in Nickel instead? 

Tbh we've played with the DBs we currently have right now and successfully.

Vondre did a lot. Covered LBs, RBs, and rushed the passer.

A SLB in this defense can't be understated. I think Chaisson or Murray can both cover and rush. Murray is probably more well rounded imo.

Another thing is there are multiple CB options that can be had in 2nd or 3rd round.

I think the FO will be hardpressed to get a starting option at CB. That would mean CJ Henderson most likely. However that's not what I'd recommend. 

I think the value is going to be at LB Where you're likely to have a pick between Queen and Murray, two of the better linebackers in the draft. Chiasson is likely to be gon. Kinlaw too. Based on what I've seen on film, Queen is the better player today but Murray has better measurables. If I had to rank the options I'd prefer Queen, Henderson, Murray. But knowing our FO we'll have a hard on for a CB and after that urgent athletes so they'd go Henderson, Murray, Queen

8 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Even with his lack of tackling with the way Trufant was eviscerated after the Browns game?

You can teach tackling.... That was one of Devon Jones so called "issues".... **** that's something Isaiah Oliver was digged about..   Both is not a issue in the NFL because they were coached up... This head to the side, wrap up and roll technique.

You can teach tackling... You can't his type of speed (flat out god given abilities), natural coverage ability, and good ball skills.

I fully understand and agree with taking a Kinlaw or another impact DLineman first.. I actually like this CB class so you can get a good prospect in day two but if the board drops a certain, I would be more then happy with Henderson.

I think by making all these moves, the team is moving in the direction of trading up for someone...maybe Chase Young OR Jeff Okudah.  We really don't have the cap space available for our draft picks right now.  Just my thoughts...

17 minutes ago, Absolute said:

I think by making all these moves, the team is moving in the direction of trading up for someone...maybe Chase Young OR Jeff Okudah.  We really don't have the cap space available for our draft picks right now.  Just my thoughts...

We absolutely have the cap space for our draft picks, lets end that narrative. 

I hope we stay put or trade down 5-10 spots. I want one of Chaisson, Kinlaw, Blacklock, Gallimore, Henderson, Fulton, Queen, Murray in round 1 at or later than 16. Assuming the obvious - Brown, Okudah, Simmons - are gone.

9 hours ago, atljbo said:

I would take CJ Henderson at 16 and sleep well at night

This is where I'm at right now. These 2nd round and later CBs he keeps drafting aren't all that good, time to get a premiere talent. 

Posted (edited)

Just playing with TDN's simulator, the only picks I really see at #16 are CJ Henderson and Chaisson. I'm not too high on Chaisson though, all of his breakdowns remind me way too much of Vic. Only has the spin move, can't really do much once taken out of the play, etc. 

We don't really have the capital to trade up any longer, so I wouldn't mind us trading down and grabbing another 2nd round pick. 

But, I know that Quinn has an entirely separate position for 'edge' that is basically a 3-4 OLB, and I don't see him passing up on Chaisson to fill that role. 

Edited by dirtybirds233

With oliver being are best corner right now no way we go anything other than corner in the first and I’m pretty sure it will be diggs, and even if kinlaw is available we will Still go corner. And I expect us to grab a 2nd one as well. I see us grabbing the lb in the 2nd and go rb in the 3rd either Akers or Moss. I really can’t see it playing out differently. My best guess is

16-  Trevon diggs cb

47 Malik Harrison  lb

78 Zach moss rb 

we may use our 2 4ths for an edge guy like willekes, a dt like lawrence dt if available. A safety like Chinn or Dugger, or another corner like Bryce hall. Depending on who is still available. Or we may use a 4th to trade back into the 1st for Baun lb.