POLL - Do You Think the Falcons Will Even Play This Upcoming Season?

jlrfalcon

POLL - Do You Think the Falcons Will Even Play This Upcoming Season?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think the Falcons Will Even Play This Upcoming Season?

• Yes, Right on Schedule Starting in September
    • Yes, But Delayed at least 1-2 Months
    • Yes, But Delayed 3+ Months (Super Bowl in April?)
    • No, The Entire 2020-21 Season will be Canceled
    • Other - please explain

With the NBA looking at least until May or June now to even have a playoffs, With the MLB probably needing another spring training before it can even play a single regular season game, With the NFL draft probably being postponed due to lack of physicals being available, and with all the likely economic and political things of the real world going on,

Do you foresee the Falcons starting their 2020 Season right on schedule with nothing changed or something in between?

This is an excellent question.... one I have been pondering myself the last few days. It depends on where the virus is and how many different states are still on stay at home directives. This is different than anything I’ve ever experienced in my 63 years. Hopefully...... we turn the corner. It still hasn’t peaked so it’s really hard to answer. Until we see a peak and decline..... I can’t even begin to say one way or the other. I think we need some sports to keep us focused on something other than this virus, mentally anyway. 

I like the 2 delay answers, but no one should choose one or the other because the league will make all decisions last minute.   The entire sports world is cancelled until further notice.    I live in Japan.  The Japanese organising committee for the upcoming Olympics is like the NFL in as much as they want to wait until the last minute (the flame is in the country), but honestly the games are likely to be pushed to early autumn or the spring the following year.

The NFL season cannot be pushed without also being abbreviated down to 6 or 8 or 10 games while the new agreement with the players says it should be 17.   Rock and a hard place?   The draft on time is the first step.   It will be the quietest draft in 30 or 40 years.   Cannot make much money on a TV show so quiet.  The hooting and cheering used to make that show, don't we think?

14 hours ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

Its a bit hypocritical to ask people to go into isolation, but ask professional sports men / women to tackle each other. 

Uh no...we’re asking people to go in isolation NOW so sports men/women can’t tackle each other LATER. And NFL is not the primary driver as to why people should isolate.

Yeah I’d love some sports but I certainly wouldn’t expect or want any players jeopardizing their health or the health of others. That’s why I talked about the peak and decline, until there is a sharp decline we shouldn’t expect any sports of any kind to be on tv except reruns. 

This thing is a long, long way from being over. The first reported case in China was back in November, and it is still spreading and infecting people 5 months later. Right now our only hope is that it dies off due to hot weather like influenza, but we have no data to support that it will. The other option is waiting for the vaccine, which is 12-18 months from being ready for deployment.