Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayorWest13

Laquon Treadwell Signed

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, falconfansince66 said:

I like this signing.  Sure, dude had a bad deal at Minnesota but I think he has a chance to do something here and that's make the team. He's accredited with having great blocking skills so when Julio makes a gain, we just give him a breather and put Treadwell to block for a Gurley TD run.  It's said that he's a good 50/50 guy too and Ryan's thrown a ton of those to Julio so maybe Laquon can get a few reps there to see if he can do like he did in college. Hey, it's just a one year deal, kick the tires and maybe his head and see if this guy 'wants' to play.  This is probably his last dance, last chance and that could make him dangerous! 

I'm not mad at the signing either. Give Koetter what he needs to be successful.

I remember Dimitroff saying one draft he knew one position had some depth to it and their (the Falcons) plan was to go get the other positions. Might be doing that again.

Treadwell is a good blocking receiver and can be beneficial in the run game especially in the redzone.

I still believe Julio, Calvin, and Russell will be the top 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

Takes a rookie wideout some time to develop in the NFL, 90% of them don't run a full route tree. If we ran our system to where we had wideouts do specific things it would be different, ex. DK Metcalf runs the same routes he ran in college, but we don't, we expect every wideout to run the whole tree, with the correct timing, stemming and all. Our WR4 don't even do that, just run 7s and 9s and that's it. It's a lot of talent at wideout this year, the class is deep, if we want one like a potential WR3, we can find that in the 4th. 

 

Y'all sleeping on Russell Gage fellas.

I like Gage.  I just know you need more than 3 receivers.  Gage is either a 3 or 4 now.  I wanted to get another guy in the draft who starts out at a 3 or 4 but could develop into a 1/2.

Agree it's a deep class...it's why I wanted one in the 3rd...thought we could still get a potential starter.  There will be starting caliber in the 2nd/3rd.  In the 4th/5th I think you're generally looking at someone you hope can become a 3...but you can always get lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trubirdfan4life said:

how did gabriel do in cleveland and chicago? did pretty well with matt ryan.

Gabriel actually had good years in both Cleveland & Chicago.  It is a TATF misconception that he sucked prior to coming to ATL.  His two best years were with other teams:

• Bears 2018: 67 Receptions, 688 Yards

• Browns 2014: 38 Receptions, 638 Yards

• Falcons 2016: 35 Receptions, 579 Yards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Gabriel actually had good years in both Cleveland & Chicago.  Lots a TATF misconception that he sucked prior to coming to ATL.  His two best years were with other teams:

• Bears 2018: 67 Receptions, 688 Yards

• Browns 2014: 38 Receptions, 638 Yards

• Falcons 2016: 35 Receptions, 579 Yards

Facts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Roddy worked his *** off to get better at catching passes though

To be fair to Treadwell

https://www.vikings.com/news/tracking-laquon-treadwell-vikings-rookie-grabs-100s-of-catches-each-day-17435064

He's been trying to improve so hopefully the light does turn on for him here.

People just need to stop saying hes the next Sanu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

You very well could be right. I have zero expectations of him so whatever contributions he makes is a plus

Best case scenario is that the light bulb goes off and has a productive season as our third wr and some team gives him a good deal in 2021 and we get a comp pick in 2022.

Worst case is....he gets cut in camp with no harm no foul.

There is no risk to the Falcons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

To be fair to Treadwell

https://www.vikings.com/news/tracking-laquon-treadwell-vikings-rookie-grabs-100s-of-catches-each-day-17435064

He's been trying to improve so hopefully the light does turn on for him here.

People just need to stop saying hes the next Sanu.

Hopefully he does awesome here for us like you said. I think he has the potential. But like you said he isn’t the next Sanu. Too much expectation on him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Best case scenario is that the light bulb goes off and has a productive season as our third wr and some team gives him a good deal in 2021 and we get a comp pick in 2022.

Worst case is....he gets cut in camp with no harm no foul.

There is no risk to the Falcons

Agree 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Hopefully he does awesome here for us like you said. I think he has the potential. But like you said he isn’t the next Sanu. Too much expectation on him

If they expect Sanu we will get 5 threads a week "cut Treadwell he isnt living up to expectations ugh"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

The system didn’t fix Roddys hands. Joe Horn, Paul Petrino and determination/practice by Roddy did.

Wasn't saying the system did

Just saying hands can be worked on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been reading that we already have two up-and-coming WR's in Gage and Zach.  

So, what does the Treadwell signing mean?  Does TD have a stockpile of terrific young WR's to perhaps use as trade capital?  Or are the reports of Zach and Gage a bit over stated?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, etherdome said:

I have been reading that we already have two up-and-coming WR's in Gage and Zach.  

So, what does the Treadwell signing mean?  Does TD have a stockpile of terrific young WR's to perhaps use as trade capital?  Or are the reports of Zach and Gage a bit over stated?  

 

It means you gotta keep churning the pot so that nobody gets complacent.  Competition breeds excellence.  OZ and Gage are interesting pieces, but they’ve done nothing to solidify themselves as stalwarts on this team.

People just get real protective and sentimental over 3rd stringers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malachore said:

LOL are people really upset at this signing? I see no drawbacks to it at all.

Dude seriously I was dumbfounded when I saw ppl complain ab this. Same ppl that wanna give Hurst a second chance don’t wanna give one to Lequon. He’s ******* 24 years old and will learn from Matt and Julio. Nothing but upside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Gabriel actually had good years in both Cleveland & Chicago.  It is a TATF misconception that he sucked prior to coming to ATL.  His two best years were with other teams:

• Bears 2018: 67 Receptions, 688 Yards

• Browns 2014: 38 Receptions, 638 Yards

• Falcons 2016: 35 Receptions, 579 Yards

Personally I'd take 100 less yards on half the catches but that's just me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Now post his stats from 2016-2018. And then post Tredwell stats during the same time period 

no comparison one was on his 5th-7th year and the other was on his 1st-3rd year cmon now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...