Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayorWest13

Laquon Treadwell Signed

19 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Never imagined you turning into a blind loyal homer.

I was wrong about you. Carry on bro. Hug on hugga.

Dude, the way you attack people who see something different that what you see is pathetic. A minimal deal for a low risk, high reward player is not something to get vicious about. We get it, you could do better than Dimi. Keep waiting by the phone and getting saltier with each passing silent day...

57 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Current WR room:

• Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage, Olamide Zaccheaus, Christian Blake, Devin Gray, Brandon Powell, Danny Etling

And Dimi signs another WR? With two backers and three corners on the roster? OK. Gone bro. Straight To The Line.

Feels like it's just a low risk kick the tires type of thing. No point signing a FA, low-chance of making the roster CB or LB when you know you will draft both in the top half of the draft.

2 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Feels like it's just a low risk kick the tires type of thing. No point signing a FA, low-chance of making the roster CB or LB when you know you will draft both in the top half of the draft.

Ignore the him...he is is just typing to see himself type.

He wants to find a way to complain about something.

8 hours ago, takeitdown said:

Put this in the other thread, but I would way rather have drafted a WR in the 3rd round in a great WR draft.

Hopefully he turns it around though.

Takes a rookie wideout some time to develop in the NFL, 90% of them don't run a full route tree. If we ran our system to where we had wideouts do specific things it would be different, ex. DK Metcalf runs the same routes he ran in college, but we don't, we expect every wideout to run the whole tree, with the correct timing, stemming and all. Our WR4 don't even do that, just run 7s and 9s and that's it. It's a lot of talent at wideout this year, the class is deep, if we want one like a potential WR3, we can find that in the 4th. 

Y'all sleeping on Russell Gage fellas.

10 hours ago, wuskillzz said:

The same thing could have been said about Terance Mathis. I am not saying that he will come here and put up numbers like Mathis.  I am just saying lets wait and see how he does on this team.

This team has certainly had better guys, but my favorite Falcon WR continues to be Terance Mathis.  Heart and Soul, Heart and Soul. 

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

And what does that have to do with Treadwell?

tredwell played with similar qbs and had similar results. i will slow it down for you.

sanu had less than 200 yards his rookie year with andy dalton. his 3rd year he had 780. other than that with dalton? 300, 400. didnt even have 500 yards the year before he came to atlanta. he was nothing special. 

this year sanu had 500 yards on 50 catches. tredwell had nearly 200 yards on 9 catches this past year. why is it a stretch to think he couldnt do what sanu did? matt ryan made harry douglas a 1000 yard receiver. 

6 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

tredwell played with similar qbs and had similar results. i will slow it down for you.

sanu had less than 200 yards his rookie year with andy dalton. his 3rd year he had 780. other than that with dalton? 300, 400. didnt even have 500 yards the year before he came to atlanta. he was nothing special. 

this year sanu had 500 yards on 50 catches. tredwell had nearly 200 yards on 9 catches this past year. why is it a stretch to think he couldnt do what sanu did? matt ryan made harry douglas a 1000 yard receiver. 

Who said anything about Sanu is special? Some of you love to make things up lol. Treadwell has been a scrub his entire NFL career. Sanu has been a better nfl wide receiver in his career than Treadwell has. Nothing more and nothing less. Shouldn’t be that hard to understand 

29 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Treadwell is the 4th best receiver at this point on the roster. And that’s before the draft. He might not even make the roster

This season in general should make it more likely that he does make the team.  It’s going to be even more difficult to get rookies up to speed.  Treadwell is at least familiar with the NFL.

I believe he is going to surprise a lot of you.  Sometimes it just takes a better situation where the voices and leadership are different.

5 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

This season in general should make it more likely that he does make the team.  It’s going to be even more difficult to get rookies up to speed.  Treadwell is at least familiar with the NFL.

I believe he is going to surprise a lot of you.  Sometimes it just takes a better situation where the voices and leadership are different.

You very well could be right. I have zero expectations of him so whatever contributions he makes is a plus

13 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

A dud . He can’t catch . -___-

Funny thing is I read the exact same crap about Sanu when he was signed. I've watched his college tape and the can't catch -____- is straight up nonsense.

This is what was said about him the year he was drafted.

"We all know he ran a 4.65 40 at his pro day. So, either you believe in him and his game, or you don't. He's a natural hands catcher and will win 50-50 balls. He's also one of the best blocking wide receivers in this draft. He's physical, tough and has great hands. I think the Vikings got a winner." -- Mike Mayock

Now why it hasn't worked in Minny I won't pretend to know, but we didn't spend a 1st round pick on him. We just picked this guy up from Peachtree Quality Salvage and people are on here crying about it.