Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayorWest13

Laquon Treadwell Signed

Contract pending, not sure how you could really hate this signing. It's low risk high reward, and from what I've read, the kid has an amazing work ethic and is a solid, willing blocker. He's been an awful pass catcher in the NFL, but was pretty great at it in college. He's worth taking a shot at as a 4th or 5th receiver. 

5 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

This move doesnt preclude the Falcons from drafting a WR. He may not even make the roster.

Pretty much thread right here. People, it’s March. Camp bodies and some roster play ahead of the draft.

This means less pigeonholed draft picks; out of some half-baked need impulse, instead of going BPA from our board and plastering “upgrade the roster” type picks from such big board instead of “fill” picks only based on holes...can lead to more misses and massive over-drafting.

I watched a bit more than half of the plays from this year with him. Cousins missed some throws to him. 

He doesn’t get extreme separation in routes but he was lined up on the outside ALOT and some in the slot. He had a slow 40 time at his pro day but he still threatened DBs in deep routes. He actually had space but Cousins missed the throw.  He also runs crossing routes and has no fear of being hit. 

I’m not holding my breath for a breakout year but now we have Julio, Calvin, Gage, and Laquon who can all go to the slot and outside. I pray pray pray Dirk will use motion and bunch formations to dictate match ups. 

13 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

seems like we are gonna trade up in the draft. we replaced hooper, freeman, beasley, and sanu in free agency. we are trading up for kinlaw.

Dude this guy is nowhere near Sanu

I like this signing.  Sure, dude had a bad deal at Minnesota but I think he has a chance to do something here and that's make the team. He's accredited with having great blocking skills so when Julio makes a gain, we just give him a breather and put Treadwell to block for a Gurley TD run.  It's said that he's a good 50/50 guy too and Ryan's thrown a ton of those to Julio so maybe Laquon can get a few reps there to see if he can do like he did in college. Hey, it's just a one year deal, kick the tires and maybe his head and see if this guy 'wants' to play.  This is probably his last dance, last chance and that could make him dangerous! 

3 hours ago, spanish_falcon said:

I don't like the signing. He hasn't done anything after 4 years in the league. Was cut last year and nobody picked him up. There are many WR in the upcoming draft who could offer more than him. Even Blake is better than him. Gotta sign more D guys.

The same thing could have been said about Terance Mathis. I am not saying that he will come here and put up numbers like Mathis.  I am just saying lets wait and see how he does on this team.

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

No Sanu has production as an advantage

I think you’ll be surprised. He won’t have Sanu numbers but in the games I just watched, he lines up all over the field. He presumably will be a lot cheaper than Sanu as well. 

He will be our 3rd or 4th receiver which I’m cool with. 

Just now, NWFALCON said:

I think you’ll be surprised. He won’t have Sanu numbers but in the games I just watched, he lines up all over the field. He presumably will be a lot cheaper than Sanu as well. 

He has to make the team first. That isn’t a guarantee 

2 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Lol Sanu has the advantage of being a better player too.