Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayorWest13

Laquon Treadwell Signed

Yeah thats worth the risk. Kick the tires on a guy with real talent that just hasnt clicked yet. Im ok with it. Gives us real size. And whenever Julio misses his one game a year, we at least can have a big body out there. I hate that all of our reserve WRs have always been midgets.

4 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Dude probably signed for vet min and is a camp body. It seems like the optimistic scenario is he takes Hardy's spot. He's definitely more talented, so I don't hate it.

They didn’t sign him for a camp body...c’mon man

42 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yeah was awesome at Ole miss. Was amazing in HS. 5 star recruit and no 1 wr that year 2012 or 2013. Dude can pay and has shown it everywhere but the NFL.

To be fair, the QB’s throwing him the ball have been Hill, Bradford, Keenam & Cousins

38 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Whats up with TD adding all these SEC players this off season lol? Fowler, Hurst, Treadwell, Gurley

They are all 1st round draft picks as well.

Grady & Debo better watch out.  They may be cut due to being drafted outside round 1.  Dimitroff may not be racist,  But I’m comfortable calling him a ‘Roundist’

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Not even close

You’re right it’s not close but physical attributes are close. Dude has good hands and size. Possession receiver like Sanu and MR2 could be his biggest asset

3 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Diggs and Thielen had those same QBs and they balled out though.

It’s true.

To counter:  I’ve always said WR 1 & WR2 won’t have much production dip with an average QB.  It’s the 3rd and 4th option who sees their numbers impacted by average or sub par QB play

25 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

Me too. I think he was miscast in Minnesota. If used properly he's a beast with a ceiling of being a Brandon Marshall clone in my opinion 

Why would they be able to use Thielen and Diggs to perfection but not Treadwell? Lol

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Not a bad thing...we're just stacked at WR. He totally has the UPSIDE to be a 4 or 5 WR on this team, but right now there's nothing to suggest he's gonna ball out.

Hopefully MR2 does

2 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

You’re right it’s not close but physical attributes are close. Dude has good hands and size. Possession receiver like Sanu and MR2 could be his biggest asset

Possession receiver? Dude drops everything 

DRAFT ANALYSIS:

"We all know he ran a 4.65 40 at his pro day. So, either you believe in him and his game, or you don't. He's a natural hands catcher and will win 50-50 balls. He's also one of the best blocking wide receivers in this draft. He's physical, tough and has great hands. I think the Vikings got a winner." -- M

• 6'2"HEIGHT
  • 33 3/8"ARM LENGTH
  • 221LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 1/2"HANDS

OVERVIEW

Another one of Ole Miss' great recruiting pickups over the past few years, Treadwell was a five-star recruit, consensus All-American, and overall No. 1 receiver prospect in the country. Not surprisingly, he parlayed his talent to selection as the top freshman in the SEC in 2013 (72-608, five scores). Things were going swimmingly for Treadwell as a sophomore until he suffered a broken fibula against Auburn in the last month of the season; he finished with 48 catches for 632 yards and five touchdowns in nine games. Despite the late-season injury, he worked hard (losing 25 pounds without any strength) to play in the 2015 season opener and helped the Rebels beat Alabama in mid-September (5-80, TD). Treadwell only got better as he gained confidence in his surgically-repaired leg, finishing the year with 82 catches, 1,153 yards, and 11 scores as a Biletnikoff Award finalist, All-American (second team Walter Camp, third team AP), and first-team All-SEC pick by league coaches. The icing on the cake for Treadwell was his performance in his final game for Ole Miss, catching three touchdowns against Oklahoma State in the Rebels' Sugar Bowl victory.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.63 seconds
20-yard shuttle: 4.29 seconds
3-cone: 7.05 seconds
Vertical: 33 1/2 inches

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Good height and overall length. Smart receiver with a competitive edge when the ball is in the air. Catch-winner. Has a natural feel for the nuances of the position. Has feel for defender and is careful to work back to throws while shielding cornerbacks from the ball. Hands catcher with adequate body control who can climb the ladder and high point catches over defenders. Truly shines with ball-­tracking skills and rarely gives away location of the ball with early movements when racing downfield against cornerbacks. Has subtle shiftiness in his routes thanks to his clean footwork. Can stagger and stutter feet while still working through his routes. Zone eater who has great understanding of positioning in space and giving his quarterback cleanest throw possible. Uses quality stiff­ arm after the catch for additional "RAC" yards. Willing to block, but has size and temperament to become much better at it.

WEAKNESSES

Doesn't have the cushion-­eating, vertical speed to scare cornerbacks. Cornerbacks will crowd his underneath routes from off­-man coverage. Benefitted with several easy catches in space against zone coverage. Struggled to free himself from press coverage against LSU's Tre'Davious White and may have separation issues in pros against quick cornerbacks. Takes time to gear down into breaks once he gets speed up. Could stand to be more physical in his release against press. Had more focus drops in 2015 than over previous two seasons. Suffered season-­ending injury in November of 2014 with broken fibula and dislocated ankle.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 1

SOURCES TELL US

"He's going to get beat up because he's slow but I like everything else he does. You would think scouts would learn about overestimating speed and underestimating tape. He'll go in the first but not sure how high." -- AFC Southeastern scout

NFL COMPARISON

DeAndre Hopkins

BOTTOM LINE

Like DeAndre Hopkins, both players should be defined by their talent, ball skills and consistency of production over pure speed numbers. Treadwell is at his best when he has a clean, two-­way go off the line of scrimmage and he could be a challenging size matchup from the slot. While Ole Miss used him underneath quite a bit, he runs quality downfield routes and has the ball skills needed to become a more vertical receiver than underneath, possession guy.

I’ll never understand the mentality on these boards sometimes, you whine,cry, ***** and moan about not enough depth and when the team signs depth you do the same. Treadwell is not coming onto the team with any guarantees, why should he at this point, he hasn’t shown any reason in his pro career. The thing is, like another poster stated, he has the potential and with Ryan and Julio, you may see a revival in the mans career, enough being judgmental and lets see how it plays out.

32 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Dude probably signed for vet min and is a camp body. It seems like the optimistic scenario is he takes Hardy's spot. He's definitely more talented, so I don't hate it.

Yeah I dont hate it either. Its a no risk move. Hopefully he could have a Breshad Perriman type of turn-around - he was a bust in Baltimore and tuned it around in Tampa.