Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayorWest13

Laquon Treadwell Signed

30 minutes ago, spanish_falcon said:

The risk for me is that his money could've been invested in someone on defense who actually improves the team. We desperately need LBs and CBs.

Y’all keep talking about money like it’s yours.

did you think we’d be able to sign:

Fowler

Gurley

Treadwell

it seems as if they want to focus the draft purely on defense.  

29 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s where the teeth of the talent is in the draft.To me that’s what there doing setting themselves up to @Ovie_Lover carpet bomb the draft with defense.

Yeah, based on what we’ve been doing in FA, the plans looks to be to defense, defense and more defense. Possibly a 4th or 5th round RB, but offense is looking pretty set for the most part. 

41 minutes ago, spanish_falcon said:

The risk for me is that his money could've been invested in someone on defense who actually improves the team. We desperately need LBs and CBs.

He's most likely a min signing and he's pushing somebody else off of the top 51. This signing costs nothing except a roster spot. Come on now.

Posted (edited)

I loooovvvveeee this signing. And the overall philosophy to add first round talent to our offense. Treadwell is a chain-mover that will work underneath while Ridley and Julio take the top off. Coming out he was a great route runner and that's his main way of creating space. He was drafted to be a WR1, which he isn't, but as WR3 as part of this core that just added Gurley He's gonna be a beast going up against LBs. I don't care if y'all wanna block me but TD has EARNED his extension this off season. 

Edited by ramonezy

Looks like he was all but done in Minnesota last year. 35 receptions in 2018, not bad for a 4th WR or so in our offense. Solid move. You get a guy that may can give you more than Hardy. We shall see. 

So far, these are good move by the Falcons with limited resources. Fowler was more than I expected. Trading for Hurst was really good. Gurley is a solid pick up. Treadwell can't hurt. 

28 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

He was an absolute stud at Ole Miss. I was big on him but idk what happened to him. 

Me too. I think he was miscast in Minnesota. If used properly he's a beast with a ceiling of being a Brandon Marshall clone in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Dude probably won't even make the roster, but I have zero issues with kicking the tires on him. Anyone who is expecting more than that should slow their roll though. Seriously lol he ain't gonna be our #3 WR or some ****. More than likely. 

This...........................

1 hour ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Dude probably won't even make the roster, but I have zero issues with kicking the tires on him. Anyone who is expecting more than that should slow their roll though. Seriously lol he ain't gonna be our #3 WR or some ****. More than likely. 

Thank you