Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayorWest13

Laquon Treadwell Signed

Posted (edited)

Anyone think this was done so we can say we have all first rounders on offense?

Ryan, Gurley, Julio, Ridley, Treadwell, Hurst, Matthews, Carpenter, Mack, Lindstrom, and McGary.

Edit: Someone beat me to it, but yeah.

Edited by King Jigsaw

3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I love this move.  Treadwell by no means has lived up to his billing.  But put him around a guy like Julio, give him a Matt Ryan and we have ourselves a great option.  

I had been saying for months now how we need another receiver.  Had a mock I was about to put out that had us drafting one in the 2nd.  This makes a ton of sense. 

This is the only way I can view this move.  A professional like Hoo might be what gets Treadwell over the hump.

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

This move doesnt preclude the Falcons from drafting a WR. He may not even make the roster.

If we do it won’t be until the 4th or after at this point

4 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Because we need a receiver

i mean i get that, but why this wr? with Gage on the come up, we should’ve went with someone sure handed that can work inside and be a big contributor on special teams. i hope this is the change of scenery he needs, i just don’t see it. 

Liked him a lot coming out of Ole Miss. He’s been a huge bust, but it’s not like he went to a great situation in Minnesota, where Zimmer pretty much hates every first round pick he takes. Low risk, decent reward move. If he sucks then he won’t make the team after the preseason anyway. 

4 hours ago, b3nz. said:

i mean i get that, but why this wr? with Gage on the come up, we should’ve went with someone sure handed that can work inside and be a big contributor on special teams. i hope this is the change of scenery he needs, i just don’t see it. 

I think Gage is the guy you are describing. We need a backup plan to Julio or someone who can be on the opposite side for 50/50 balls in the end zone. 

1 minute ago, b3nz. said:

I think it will.  Matt Ryan has made receivers out of mincemeat and I believe Julio can be a great mentor or example for him. The FO knew we needed another big bodied type of receiver after we traded Sanu.  This would also be a less pressurized situation for him.

8 minutes ago, bossFALCON™ said:

All first round starting line up

qb ryan

rb gurley

wr juio

wr ridley

wr treadwell

te Hurst

lt Matthews 

lg carpenter

c Mack

rg Lindstrom

Rt mcgary

Provided most of them stay relatively healthy over the season, Koetter has ZERO excuses not to produce at least a top 10 rush and pass offense. DQ better make sure he does, because his job is on the line too.

2 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

No. lol. Treadwell is slow man.

Was about to reply with the same thing lol. Treadwell definitely fits into the Sanu mold more, although idk about him working the slot like Sanu. 

11 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

This move doesnt preclude the Falcons from drafting a WR. He may not even make the roster.

This is what I'm hoping.  Sort of like Wreh Wilson doesn't prevent going CB.

I'd just rather they have found a similar level talent at LB in FA, so we could definitely go WR in the 3rd/4th of the draft.  But we'll see.

I don't like the signing. He hasn't done anything after 4 years in the league. Was cut last year and nobody picked him up. There are many WR in the upcoming draft who could offer more than him. Even Blake is better than him. Gotta sign more D guys.

Honestly this could be interesting. He hasn’t shown out yet but as the fifth option all he has to do is catch the ball. Definitely an upgrade. Plus has a future hall of famer to learn from. 

19 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Put this in the other thread, but I would way rather have drafted a WR in the 3rd round in a great WR draft.

Hopefully he turns it around though.

But if your plan is to use that 3rd rd pick to move up in the draft...

5 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

A vertical threat doesn't mean a speedster/burner. If he can get vertical and and take a 50/50 ball, then that's just as good as him burning a guy.

Alas Leonard Hankerson