Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ADAMSVILLE GYM

Remembering the greatest defense in NFL history

Craziest thing about that team is even though we hold the record for least ppg allowed in a season, we didn't make the playoffs. And, if you go down the list of the teams behind us for least ppg allowed in a season, you have to go all the way to 45th to find the next team that didn't make the playoffs. 

http://mcubed.net/nfl/ptlpapg.shtml

On 3/22/2020 at 3:10 PM, Atlantafan21 said:

And to this day, they get completely disrespected. People always mention the 2000 ravens or 85 Bears but no one even brings up the gritz blitz, which is a shame. 

The 2 examples you provided won Super Bowls. The 77 birds didn’t make the playoffs. The fact that they still get recognition in spite of those circumstances should tell you just how good they were

1 hour ago, jstammer said:

What boggles my mind was that team blocked 9 kicks. LOL

Thanks for this have seen a bunch of the Falcons yearbook but first time seeing 1977

Did I hear that correctly did he say 26 interceptions? to go with 9 blocked kicks.

An amazing defense no doubt went to 3 games that year after the first against the Rams I was hooked. And yea I wouldn't mind those uniforms with the new logo on the helmet. Not to mention Quinn needs to learn how to blitz from this team. 

14 minutes ago, fuzzybee22 said:

Craziest thing about that team is even though we hold the record for least ppg allowed in a season, we didn't make the playoffs. And, if you go down the list of the teams behind us for least ppg allowed in a season, you have to go all the way to 45th to find the next team that didn't make the playoffs. 

http://mcubed.net/nfl/ptlpapg.shtml

Falcons gonna falcon...

On 3/22/2020 at 6:10 PM, Atlantafan21 said:

And to this day, they get completely disrespected. People always mention the 2000 ravens or 85 Bears but no one even brings up the gritz blitz, which is a shame. 

Because those teams won a SB.