Got a feeling some key Falcons contrasts are being reworked to free cap space!

roguebeaver

24 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I mean, this is fact.  All anyone ever said was that the CAP required a purging of the roster.  It happened.  The purge and restructuring allowed the Falcons to create 25 million.  FFS1970 was right

All of those players were listed as cuts anyway because the board hated them. Now we do it and it's a purge lol

That’s exactly why I pay absolutely zero attention to all the armchair GM’s.

Some folks work themselves up into a panicked frenzy every single year. 

I sit back, smile & go about my biz.  Next thing ya know, the same ol’ worry worts look at each other in amazement at how TD handled the entire fkg thing like a champ.

Year after year after year this same cycle takes place.  LOL, relax.  

4 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I sit back, smile & go about my biz.  Next thing ya know, the same ol’ worry worts look at each other in amazement at how TD handled the entire fkg thing like a champ.

It's the same few who panic and cry the sky is falling every year. 

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I mean, this is fact.  All anyone ever said was that the CAP required a purging of the roster.  It happened.  The purge and restructuring allowed the Falcons to create 25 million.  FFS1970 was right

No he’s not right because he can’t accept many variables exist in building a roster and he just dives into numbers and pretends that’s the whole picture.

When in all essence he’s trying to complete a jigsaw puzzle with half the pieces.

You know what fixes it,just a simple admission he is making a personal point of view that can be a right and wrong that’s all.

But I’ll bet he’s too much of a sportsman to admit he’s wrong at anything when he talks football.

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

All I know is for a team a week ago according to some who had no cap room are looking really farking stupid right now.

Every year the same stupid cap talk from uninformed fans lol.

Up against them cap who gives a rats.

2-3 years down the track I’ll just keep laughing.

Talents been added and dropped off every year now for these guys coaching this thing get to work.

It will always be detractors who don't understand the complexity of the cap and how to maneuver it. They just see raw dollars and that's it.

1 minute ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

It will always be detractors who don't understand the complexity of the cap and how to maneuver it. They just see raw dollars and that's it.

Tell it to the choir man I get lambasted from the guy when I mention what your saying.

I scratch my head and think what have I said am I misleading people lol.

Then I read about the moves there making and think argh no all’s right in the world.

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tell it to the choir man I get lambasted from the guy when I mention what your saying.

I scratch my head and think what have I said am I misleading people lol.

Then I read about the moves there making and think argh no all’s right in the world.

I think it's just too much Madden/arm chair GM thinking you can build a NFL by nailing every transaction from the draft to FA to re-signing your own guys etc..

OK we just had our second Dimi cap purge, coming off two straight 7-9 seasons with no playoff berth, 53-59 in the last seven freakin years, still kicking the can down the road, still unbalanced, have two young backers and three corners under contract and looking up at a stout NFC. And yall boys still claiming Dimi's a master roster builder? OK. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

There was no purge.

The falcons cut a backup tackle, a corner, an oft injured running back and a back up TE.

Trufant is the only one of those players that we will truly miss.

We will still be returning 8 of 11 starters on offense from last year.

There will be more changes on defense but that was to be expected.

Every team cuts players and redo contracts.

So no he was not right.

23 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

OK we just had our second Dimi cap purge, coming off two straight 7-9 seasons with no playoff berth, 53-59 in the last seven freakin years, still kicking the can down the road, still unbalanced, have two young backers and three corners under contract and looking up at a stout NFC. And yall boys still claiming Dimi's a master roster builder? OK. 

Can you show anyone who mentioned master roster builder.

Ill say this we could do worse.

Can you get over yourself yet and just say you don’t know what your talking about.

After quoting the team being Troffed against the cap a week ago the FO go about sticking a roster together and set the table for the draft and yet you act like the off seasons finished.

Do yourself a favour wait see how it pans out then comment.At the moment your making yourself look stupid what is it,is it that time of the month.

13 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Can you show anyone who mentioned master roster builder.

Ill say this we could do worse.

Can you get over yourself yet and just say you don’t know what your talking about.

After quoting the team being Troffed against the cap a week ago the FO go about sticking a roster together and set the table for the draft and yet you act like the off seasons finished.

Do yourself a favour wait see how it pans out then comment.At the moment your making yourself look stupid what is it,is it that time of the month.

You said the same thing the last two years. You're trying to prop up the front office homer style.

I'm just trying to get rest bro. That's all. Blank needs rest, you need rest, millions need it.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You said the same thing the last two years. You trying to prop up the FO.

I'm just trying to get rest bro. Need rest bad. Blank needs rest, you need rest, millions need it.

This isn’t just on the FO.There giving the coaches talent every year.Its upto coaches to get the best out of it.

Your only looking at one variable and if that’s not right it’s there fault when in all essence this is connected.

I don’t understand why you can’t or refuse to see that.

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

This isn’t just on the FO.There giving the coaches talent every year.Its upto coaches to get the best out of it.

Your only looking at one variable and if that’s not right it’s there fault when in all essence this is connected.

I don’t understand why you can’t or refuse to see that.

You're so caught up in making coach's coach up Dimi players.

As they say, "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****".

In the voice of the great Dan Reeves, "the coaches call the plays, but the players have to execute them".

Profound statement. Surely you liked Reeves. He coached a bunch of Falcon scrubs to a Bowl.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You're so caught up in making coach's coach up Dimi players.

As they say, "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****".

In the voice of the great Dan Reeves, "the coaches call the plays, but the players have to execute them".

Profound statement. Surely you liked Reeves. He coached a bunch of scrubs to a Bowl.

See clueless again you honestly think DQ who controls his roster has zero input into personnel decisions.

Coaching did you watch the defense 2nd half of last year with no added talent vs the 1st half.Exactly player execution what if the plans wrong and as above is adjusted by coaches who have a better one.

What did Reeves do after 98 again.

Do you even watch or are you just seeing what you want to see.

35 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

There was no purge.

The falcons cut a backup tackle, a corner, an oft injured running back and a back up TE.

Trufant is the only one of those players that we will truly miss.

We will still be returning 8 of 11 starters on offense from last year.

There will be more changes on defense but that was to be expected.

Every team cuts players and redo contracts.

So no he was not right.

And let two pro bowl players walk along with another starter.  Losing 6 starters is a lot

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

See clueless again you honestly think DQ who controls his roster has zero input into personnel decisions.

Coaching did you watch the defense 2nd half of last year with no added talent vs the 1st half.Exactly player execution what if the plans wrong and as above is adjusted by coaches who have a better one.

What did Reeves do after 98 again.

Do you even watch or are you just seeing what you want to see.

Dimi is the GM. He has said he is ultimately responsible for our team on countless occasions.

Was he a puppet to Blank, DQ and Smitty? If so why do we need him? Seven year downturn bro.

The second half of 2019 was with a totally different team. This is 2020.

Reeves got the 2002 team to the second round and was poised to take the 2004 team all the way.

Blank fired him and hired Mora. Bad move. And you're a coach guy. Shame on you.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

And let two pro bowl players walk along with another starter.  Losing 6 starters is a lot

Not really.

And we have not lost 6 starters....we have lost 5

Tru, Hooper, Campbell, Free and Vic

Hooper, Free , and Vic have been replaced already.

8 to 9 of the 11 offensive positions are likely going be held by guys on the team last year

It is possible that 8 to 9 of the 11 on defense will also be from last year

That is not a purge...that is typical nfl turnover.

3 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yup year after the same cycle takes place and we lose.... lol same old Falcons and same ole fans telling fans they have no clue.  Of course when it all blows up like it did this year the don't have much to say other than talk about the draft midseason... lol :munch: