Reggie Robinson: 3rd Round Gem

Clearly cornerback is a need for the Falcons.  The question is how early do we address it.  If not in the first two rounds, remember the name Reggie Robinson our of Tulsa.  

I watched a few of his games vs Power 5 teams and dude is so good.  In man he sticks to his receiver like stink on poop.  “After measuring in bigger than most cornerbacks in this class at 6-foot 1-inch and 205 pounds, Tulsa’s Reggie Robinson II proceeded to post great numbers in the combine testing drills: a 4.44-second 40-yard dash, 36-inch vertical jump and 132-inch broad jump. His performance in Indianapolis followed up the standout week he had in Mobile, Alabama, at the Senior Bowl, where he was consistently one of the best cornerbacks in the one-on-one drills.

He put up four interceptions and 13 pass deflections in his senior season for the Golden Hurricanes, and now that he has the testing numbers to match his coverage production, Robinson cemented himself in the top 100 of this draft class.”

He also graded out #1 with an overall draft score of 89 (draft score by NextGen was very accurate last year).  Would love to bring him in as CB3

Threads like this are golden to me and yet so futile. I can almost guarantee that any well-researched later round talent us as fans and not professionals can easily spot will be blatantly missed out on by the current front office. I've seen late round talent come & go here with emphasis put on some of the most oddly chosen guys I've ever saw in my life. This my friend unfortunately is the Falcon way. But still this is a nice find kinda like that undersized small school kid who went to the Redskins last year.

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy

12 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Threads like this are golden to me and yet so futile. I can almost guarantee that any well-researched later round talent us as fans and not professionals can easily spot will be blatantly missed out on by the current front office. I've seen late round talent come & go here with emphasis put on some of the most oddly chosen guys I've ever saw in my life. This my friend unfortunately is the Falcon way. But still this is a nice find kinda like that undersized small school kid who went to the Redskins last year.

I’m still annoyed we didnt draft Jimmy Moreland in the 6th last year.  He started 14 gams last year.

You have a good memory btw

16 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

I get what you're saying, but I don't think the FO has been that bad with late rounders. Jarrett was a 5th rounder in 2015, Kazee was a 6th rounder in 2017, and Oluokun was a 6th rounder in 2018. The FO does miss out on late round talent, but it's really a crap shoot and a lot of NFL teams let those guys get past em. Personally, I'm more critical of our big 2nd and 3rd round misses. 

Now, didnt mean to detract from the post. Robinson seems to have the right measurables and some solid tape. Would definitely be worth a 3rd if we dont find value at corner with the first 2 picks. 

2 hours ago, Wolfensheim said:

I get what you're saying, but I don't think the FO has been that bad with late rounders. Jarrett was a 5th rounder in 2015, Kazee was a 6th rounder in 2017, and Oluokun was a 6th rounder in 2018. The FO does miss out on late round talent, but it's really a crap shoot and a lot of NFL teams let those guys get past em. Personally, I'm more critical of our big 2nd and 3rd round misses. 

Now, didnt mean to detract from the post. Robinson seems to have the right measurables and some solid tape. Would definitely be worth a 3rd if we dont find value at corner with the first 2 picks. 

Yeah, I couldn’t classify Robinson as a sleeper. His draft grade is higher than Okuda

19 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

IMO he is the 10th best CB in this draft and it will probably be a lot of corners go in the 2nd, so if we don’t get one in the first 2 rounds we might have to move up in the 3rd to get him.

I have Him in the top 5 CB’s in this draft.  Who are your CB’s 6-9 in this draft?