Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FalconOdense

K'Lavon Chaisson

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Ever heard of J.J. Watt? see also clay Matthews. 

Michael Bennett wasn’t on anyone’s radar  in college.

Chaisson is basically a redshirt soph who missed a season due to injury. The reason he’s so intriguing is because of his versatility as a player. 

JJ Watt and Matthews are good examples, both made a position changes from tight end and were still a little raw coming out, but even then those two appear to be the exception, not the rule.  Chaisson has so many physical tools to love, but never really turned it into production consistently.  Is that due to injury?  Lack of playing time?  Very well could be. My concern is our lack of track record developing those kind of guys once they get here.  I’d be happy with the pick, but I’d be cautiously optimistic as I don’t think it’s a slam dunk like some people seem to think.

2 minutes ago, Rings said:

JJ Watt and Matthews are good examples, both made a position changes from tight end and were still a little raw coming out, but even then those two appear to be the exception, not the rule.  Chaisson has so many physical tools to love, but never really turned it into production consistently.  Is that due to injury?  Lack of playing time?  Very well could be. My concern is our lack of track record developing those kind of guys once they get here.  I’d be happy with the pick, but I’d be cautiously optimistic as I don’t think it’s a slam dunk like some people seem to think.

I agree....Nobody is a slam dunk, even Chase young. 

but Let’s not act like he’s not been good. Chaisson was the leader of a championship defense last year. 

26 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I agree....Nobody is a slam dunk, even Chase young. 

but Let’s not act like he’s not been good. Chaisson was the leader of a championship defense last year. 

He has been good, in spots.  He has proven to be able to beat high end tackles as well, but he has also disappeared against low end competition that he on paper should have destroyed.  Maybe I’m just gun shy after Beasley, but that consistency piece worries me a bit.  But like I said, overall I think he is a really good player and would be happy with the pick, but it’s still a bit of projecting what he could become based on his physical toolset vs seeing him do it over and over in college and then wondering if that translates or not.  I’m just ready for the draft to get here.  I’m bored of reading up on players and watching tape.  Haha.

On 3/22/2020 at 1:59 PM, LightningDawg58 said:

Im sold. I just decided to finally look in to this guy after seeing his name constantly thrown around.

Other than Simmons, who wont be there, I want this kid at our pick. Got to have him.

His mental makeup, leadership, effort, communication skills, and attitude are all the signs of a leader and star. 

He has the physical tools. He has the game, albeit with a few holes. However, he also has played the least amount of football than a lot of his peers. He is far from his ceiling as a player. But he shows the drive and willingness to get better.

When asked how he felt after winning the National Championship he said, "It was a long season, but I felt like we had more work to do, the defense did not play as well as I wanted and we had not reached our peak yet"

Are you kidding me? At 20 years old? That's your mindset after being undefeated and dominating college football.

I can see why people are afraid of him, and see Vic Beasley when they look at his frame, but I can assure you this kid has way more heart and character in him. He is relentless and has constant effort. Never gives up on the play. Those are things you need but cant teach.

Also he is a student. An all-22 breakdown shows him setting up OT's with different hand motions to get them to react to him. Very crafty for a young kid. 

He is hungry and is exactly the kind of leader we need on defense. This isnt just about sack numbers, kid is football player.

I would love to use him as our base SLB and as a situational rusher in sub packages.

Agreed.  He is my pick at this point.