Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GATXBOI

CB Pierre Desir released

NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
PIERRE DESIRDB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
9357.jpg

Colts released CB Pierre Desir.

The Colts are cutting ties with Desir after just signing him to a three-year extension last offseason. Desir took a step back from his breakout 2018 and missed four games last year, though he still managed three interceptions on 683 snaps. 29-year-old Desir isn't going to get the $7 million he was owed from Indy but should have a free-agent market. Desir's release locks Rock Ya-Sin into a starting role.

Mar 21, 2020, 12:07 PM ET

24 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I liked Desir coming out of college.  Think his journey from college to NFL was video documented somehow but forgot how - NFL Network methinks.

Remember watching that as well. That’s how I found out who the dude actually was. 

Logan Ryan is still out there as well in free agency although he will be too expensive.

Falcons need a vet corner for cheap.  Desir likely to have a more reasonable price tag.

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Logan Ryan is still out there as well in free agency although he will be too expensive.

Falcons need a vet corner for cheap.  Desir likely to have a more reasonable price tag.

Yeah Ryan said he won’t take less than 10 mil/yr

40 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Way too expensive. 

Bidi Wilson not signed makes me believe they are looking to upgrade. Front office must think he is just a low usage player, and would be exposed with increased time. If brought back he stays number 4, and hopefully number 5 if Miller shows any chops.

Oliver becomes the number 1 now eh ?  Sheffield? Morris had to sign off on Tru release and I just don't see it without a veteran coming in who will be counted on for big minutes.

I am a believer in Oliver BTW, the guy showed up year 2 still raw, but looked like he may be the most in shape dude in DB room for what that's worth. Sheffield and Neal may have something to say about this. 

Willing hitter to say the least, specially for a boundary corner. Gotta give props

4 hours ago, gazoo said:

There are going to be a couple of capable year 1 starting CBs in round 1 this year. I’d rather go the direction of the draf5 given the talent pool.

Cant have a bunch of rookie dbs, id love Blidi back.

4 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Cant have a bunch of rookie dbs, id love Blidi back.

Good point, have to have a mix that includes leadership. Blidi played well down the stretch last yeaf