Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons805

What is our biggest weakness going into the draft

I’m curious to know what everyone’s ideas are for what our biggest weaknesses are currently after the Fowler and Gurley pick up and the release of Tru, is everyone comfortable with our current DB’s.  Or our current DL.  I feel we have so much more to do.  I’m still not happy with Carpenter or Brown at LG, do we draft one since either way they will both be gone next year and if we do draft one, what round ? Do we still go DL first round or BPA ..what are everyone’s thoughts 

18 minutes ago, Falcons805 said:

I’m curious to know what everyone’s ideas are for what our biggest weaknesses are currently after the Fowler and Gurley pick up and the release of Tru, is everyone comfortable with our current DB’s.  Or our current DL.  I feel we have so much more to do.  I’m still not happy with Carpenter or Brown at LG, do we draft one since either way they will both be gone next year and if we do draft one, what round ? Do we still go DL first round or BPA ..what are everyone’s thoughts 

CB and LB are our biggest needs followed by DT. DE can always use more guys.

At LG, look for Gono to potentially win the starting job. Could be targeted somewhere in the draft though. Ruiz is a beast.

I have a feeling the coaches are more Comfortable than the fans with Sheffield and Oliver at CB. I do believe Sheff has CB1 talent. Still need a CB or two for depth at least.

i think LB is our biggest need, especially w depth. 

and LG remains a weakness until proven otherwise. Same w RB until Gurley passes a physical and shows some juice in practice or games.

this team has less glaring holes than many teams though IMO. That’s not to say positions can not afford to be upgraded.

We have 3 blokes competing for that LG spot and 2 of them are costing a bunch of cap.

The only OL position I am ok with addressing in the draft is a future C.

Gurley makes drafting an RB an interesting decision, will definitely throw other teams off.

The majority of our picks have to be defense.

CB > LB > DT =/= DE

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

I have a feeling the coaches are more Comfortable than the fans with Sheffield and Oliver at CB. I do believe Sheff has CB1 talent. Still need a CB or two for depth at least.

i think LB is our biggest need, especially w depth. 

and LG remains a weakness until proven otherwise. Same w RB until Gurley passes a physical and shows some juice in practice or games.

this team has less glaring holes than many teams though IMO. That’s not to say positions can not afford to be upgraded.

i just dont think he has the height to cover most WR 1s in the league he has the speed to cover anyone but his height makes it difficult 

Our biggest weakness going into the Draft, would be depth at every Defensive position, and at the current time we do not have a starting Nickel Back.

So, toss-up between CB and DT/DE. In my opinion the DL positions are more at a premium across the NFL and should be given priority, especially in the 1st Round. 

(16) DL (DT)

(47) CB

(78) LB

(119) OC (OG)

(142) S

(228) LB/RB

55 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

i just dont think he has the height to cover most WR 1s in the league he has the speed to cover anyone but his height makes it difficult 

Well, he isn’t tiny (5’10) and pair that w his speed (4.32) and vertical (39”) and he should be able to stick w most receivers. Any DB gonna struggle w a guy like Mike Evans at 6’5”. Then again, maybe they see Oliver as the CB1 and Sheffield as CB2. Who knows. They must feel they have something w those two though to make Tru a post 1 cut and go into the draft w what we have...that or the are already planning to move up for Okudah/Henderson/Fuller.

Sheffield in comparison though:

- CJ Henderson is 6’1” (+3) with 37” vertical (-2)

Sheffield compares physically to Denzel Ward at 5’11”, 4.32 forty and 39” vertical.

I believe Falcons will bring in a vet corner on a 1 yr deal prior to the draft.   Probably a LB as well.   Not a high enough profile player to eschew the need on draft day but a good enough player so the need isn’t at DEFCON 1 so Falcons aren’t forced to take a corner or backer in Round 1 or 2.   Not saying they still shouldn’t - just that it allows Falcons to take the best player.