Jump to content

Artys Arryn Mock Draft 1.0


Artys Arryn
 Share

Recommended Posts

TD doesn't really trade back, but TD has selected a few players that the fans thought were a bit of a reach! With that being said I like the Murray pick, and would not be surprised if TD flat out took him with the 16th pick! Would rather trade back, but would not be surprised! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m a cfb guy all the way and didn’t watch the falcons last year. That said, my understanding is our online was fairly awful. If that’s true...I’m not sure I understand your mock with our cap spent on tg3 and fowler. Mack is almost done, jake Matthews is ok to better than average. Outside of that, I remember the reviews for our ol didn’t sound pretty. Am I missing something? To me, with all those weapons on O, this draft oughta be ol heavy early. Thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome work, my brotha!

Like always your mock was easy to read, formatting is always a big deal to me and everything was spaced out in a way that made it super easy to go through. I’m sure there are a lot of guys that appreciate the videos posted so they can check out a player they maybe haven’t watched before. All-in-all great job on the post.

As for the mock itself, I think the only change you’d have to make for a better sense of realism is your second round pick. I’ve consistently seen Diggs as a late first rounder in other rankings and mocks around the web and while those aren’t always a big deal or super accurate, I’m not sure that we can expect Diggs (between his size, name, and college - he won’t be forgotten) to fall all the way to our pick. Absolutely love Murray though and I agree with the sentiment that our 4-2-5 would be upgraded with Murray and Deion running it instead of Foye.

Thats just nitpicking, of course, and the answer after every draft should be “Would this make the team better?” And I think you can stamp this one YES for sure. Again, good work.

 

And also, I would like to thank you for taking the time to make this (and thank you as well for tagging me). TATF can be mindbogglingly annoying at times but it’s also a good escape with everything going on right now and I appreciate your contributions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jay Z said:

TD doesn't really trade back, but TD has selected a few players that the fans thought were a bit of a reach! With that being said I like the Murray pick, and would not be surprised if TD flat out took him with the 16th pick! Would rather trade back, but would not be surprised! 

Definitely not but he at least acknowledged in a recent interview that it was an option after avoiding it for so long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Murray will do the same job as Deion Jones I’m not sure if he’d be a smart pick for us.

Trevon Diggs I saw him actually get manhandled by Jamarr Chase in the LSU game don’t like what I saw so he’s a no from me.

Elliot good pick at the spot taken.

Dude you are talking about the best WR last year. A guy who out played one of the deepest WR classes in history. Diggs, Terrell, and Dantzler all said at the combine he’s the best they have gone up against. Between the 3 they went up against Jefferson, Chase, Jeudy, Riggs, Waddle, Smith, Pickens, Higgins, Ross, Mecalf, AJ Brown, Lamb, and Marquise Brown. 
 

Chase doesn’t have the height, probably faster than most expect but not a burner. However, he has Michael Thomas ability to get open. Total stud that made every corner look silly. Too bad Stingley is on his team, I’d love to see that matchup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, King Jigsaw said:

Awesome work, my brotha!

Like always your mock was easy to read, formatting is always a big deal to me and everything was spaced out in a way that made it super easy to go through. I’m sure there are a lot of guys that appreciate the videos posted so they can check out a player they maybe haven’t watched before. All-in-all great job on the post.

As for the mock itself, I think the only change you’d have to make for a better sense of realism is your second round pick. I’ve consistently seen Diggs as a late first rounder in other rankings and mocks around the web and while those aren’t always a big deal or super accurate, I’m not sure that we can expect Diggs (between his size, name, and college - he won’t be forgotten) to fall all the way to our pick. Absolutely love Murray though and I agree with the sentiment that our 4-2-5 would be upgraded with Murray and Deion running it instead of Foye.

Thats just nitpicking, of course, and the answer after every draft should be “Would this make the team better?” And I think you can stamp this one YES for sure. Again, good work.

 

And also, I would like to thank you for taking the time to make this (and thank you as well for tagging me). TATF can be mindbogglingly annoying at times but it’s also a good escape with everything going on right now and I appreciate your contributions.

Good to hear from you bro! And thanks for the feedback. I'm just as particular about formatting as you, these mocks are supposed to be fun and having one that's hard to read kills a little bit of that fun.

Spot on with the videos, I know a lot of people's lives are busy and they don't have time to put eyes on a lot of guys so it gives a quick reference. I don't want anyone basing their whole opinion off highlights but it gives a feel of what the prospect does best.

I feel you on the Diggs pick. CBs are a premium position and even mocks that have him slipping to our area of the second are likely undervaluing the position overall. The good thing is, there are several guys I like in that range. Cameron Dantzler in particular has the size and physicality I like on the outside. Not the best deep speed in the class but dude handles his man. 

Murray just fits what our defense does so well. Him and Debo would just be all over the field. 

Happy to do these mocks man. I'm busier with life than I used to be and this time of the year is often the only time I post a lot because of it. But like I said in the OP I've been coming here more and more over the past couple weeks just to get away from things. Me and you have always had some good back and forths on mocks/prospects and I just wanted to hit you up my dude. Hope you're safe out there, take care, and let me know the next time the King mocks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Augustadawgchop said:

I’m a cfb guy all the way and didn’t watch the falcons last year. That said, my understanding is our online was fairly awful. If that’s true...I’m not sure I understand your mock with our cap spent on tg3 and fowler. Mack is almost done, jake Matthews is ok to better than average. Outside of that, I remember the reviews for our ol didn’t sound pretty. Am I missing something? To me, with all those weapons on O, this draft oughta be ol heavy early. Thoughts?

Alright so, my thought on OL.

LT, Jake is a top 10 LT in the NFL. Period. Does he have better games than others? For sure but upgrading him is a tall order and would require our 1st. With his contract, that's a poor use of resources.

RT, invested a 1st last year. Give development time.

RG, invested a 1st last year. Give time to develop.

C, Mack is still a fantastic center and while aging, he hasn't indicated he plans to go anywhere.

LG, we have competition there and I honestly believe you can plug and play Bredeson here.

To summarize, it wouldn't make me sick to see Andrew Thomas in a Falcons jersey but we have invested plenty into the OL. We have to give it time to develop. Meanwhile our defense is hurting bad and needs an influx of talent at every level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, stizz said:

Great draft. People dont understand how polished K9 is. My only gripe is that I think we would have to get more compensation in that trade down. 

I don't understand why people are low on him. If you watch any tape of OU last year, he always takes your attention. 

If the trade down comp is the biggest weakness in my mock, I can live with that. My thinking is I'm not trying to fleece the Eagles, I'm trying to entice them to give us what we want. Another (almost) top 100 pick and we get our guy that we would have pulled the trigger on at 16. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Akod2017 said:

Dude you are talking about the best WR last year. A guy who out played one of the deepest WR classes in history. Diggs, Terrell, and Dantzler all said at the combine he’s the best they have gone up against. Between the 3 they went up against Jefferson, Chase, Jeudy, Riggs, Waddle, Smith, Pickens, Higgins, Ross, Mecalf, AJ Brown, Lamb, and Marquise Brown. 
 

Chase doesn’t have the height, probably faster than most expect but not a burner. However, he has Michael Thomas ability to get open. Total stud that made every corner look silly. Too bad Stingley is on his team, I’d love to see that matchup. 

This is the point if he’s getting beat like a drum by this guy what do you think happens when he sees a Julio or a Ridley for starters and then has to face talent as good as that every week.

See y’all missing it when I pick these things out I don’t care about college I can see how this cut gets opened up into a wound at the next level.Its why I needed to see answers at that point in time from a guy like Diggs or Brown who I commented on earlier this month about.

Its not a personal attack or critique of a player or poster it’s just how I see a player can be exploited at the next level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Artys Arryn said:

Alright so, my thought on OL.

LT, Jake is a top 10 LT in the NFL. Period. Does he have better games than others? For sure but upgrading him is a tall order and would require our 1st. With his contract, that's a poor use of resources.

RT, invested a 1st last year. Give development time.

RG, invested a 1st last year. Give time to develop.

C, Mack is still a fantastic center and while aging, he hasn't indicated he plans to go anywhere.

LG, we have competition there and I honestly believe you can plug and play Bredeson here.

To summarize, it wouldn't make me sick to see Andrew Thomas in a Falcons jersey but we have invested plenty into the OL. We have to give it time to develop. Meanwhile our defense is hurting bad and needs an influx of talent at every level.

I definitely don’t watch enough to know any different, but if consensus is jm is a top ten lt then yeah I wouldn’t touch that spot either. I know we spent on the right side last years draft and brought in f. agents for the left side...but the Matt Ryan abuse and lack of a run game last year makes me worry we might get more of the same this year. I’d like us to at least grab a developmental center to train under Mack though. Personally, I’ve never been super impressed with koetter so it maybe be an xs and os issue (obviously that’s not a criticism of your draft in any way though). Love Kinlaw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is the point if he’s getting beat like a drum by this guy what do you think happens when he sees a Julio or a Ridley for starters and then has to face talent as good as that every week.

See y’all missing it when I pick these things out I don’t care about college I can see how this cut gets opened up into a wound at the next level.Its why I needed to see answers at that point in time from a guy like Diggs or Brown who I commented on earlier this month about.

Its not a personal attack or critique of a player or poster it’s just how I see a player can be exploited at the next level.

Yet you mention Fulton who got beat by Higgins pretty bad in the championship. Diggs is still newer to the position and growing into it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Akod2017 said:

Yet you mention Fulton who got beat by Higgins pretty bad in the championship. Diggs is still newer to the position and growing into it. 

And they’ve all got there issues.

This is my point I want a corner who effects the pass inside 5 yards this is how I believe we’ll play this year.

Seeing Diggs basically get manhandled by Chase inside that 5 yards doesn’t inspire confidence in him for me.

Fultons more physical in my eyes and is my preference seeing my potential CB1 getting dealt too in this manner isn’t a guy I’d personally take.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...