Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Artys Arryn

Artys Arryn Mock Draft 1.0

Recommended Posts

So I want to start by saying I wanted to wait and see what the team did in FA before making a mock draft. I thought there were a lot of ways FA could go. Either investing in our old players, letting players go and trusting depth/draft picks, and trimming a lot of fat and being active players in FA (aka securing a starting calibre DE). I'm personally excited with our strategy. I think TD has opened cap space in a smart way and invested in the right places for the right prices. I was disappointed last offseason with our FA but I've liked everything from the new coaches to a risk free contract with Gurley. I'll assume for now we are settled and will probably only pick up a couple of depth pieces/role players.

Enough of that though, on to the mock.

 

TRADE. Eagles send 21 and 103 for Atlantas 16 and 228.

Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

 

Been a K9 fan for months now. Was set to have a monster combine before a strained hammy put a stop to his night. Even with the strain K9 managed a 4.53 40, after putting up 21 reps, a 38 inch vert, and a 129" broad jump. Kenneth jumped off the tape with speed and blistering reaction. Every game I watched of Oklahoma this year, Murray was constantly making plays and always around the football. Also love that he never missed a game at OU.

"A tone-setter on the second level, Murray is an urgent, aggressive and physical defender with outstanding range. He plays with an unrelenting motor and flies all over the field in pursuit." - The Draft Network

 

47. Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama

Elite size while constantly going up against the best competition week in and week out. Plays the football aggressively in the air and isn't afraid to get physical in run support. Physical with receivers at the line and at the point of the catch. Also the brother of Stefon Diggs.

"Trevon Diggs fits the profile of a Cover 3/press man cornerback at the next level. Diggs' length makes him an ideal player to play press at the line of scrimmage and put him in positions to physically challenge receivers to stack the edge in run support."

 

78. Jordan Elliot, DT, Missouri

 

My number 5 rated DT, Elliot has great burst off the line, though not as much explosion as of some of my favorite prospects. Also good at both gap management and gap shooting. While he didn't rack up sacks he was highly disruptive. PFF graded him at 91.1 in both run defense and pass rush. The highest graded DT in the nation.

"He was highly respected by opposing teams and faced additional help as a pass rusher. He'll face more one-on-one looks as a pro and could take a big jump forward as a rusher if he keeps working to add moves and counters to go with his early push."

 

103. Zack Moss, RB, Utah

Was being talked about as a top 4 back in this class before a disappointing 40 cooled his stock. However, despite the slightly lower than ideal time, Moss is a **** of a football player. Runs with vision and violence while also having good hands out of the backfield. Took over games and completely backpacked his offense against Oregon.

"Moss has an elite trait in regards to his contact balance, and near-elite change of direction abilities and power. Accordingly, Moss is one of the best tackle-breakers in the class, and is an extremely reliable back in short-yardage and goal line situations. He has a very high floor. With a great pass-catching profile for a big back, Moss is also a quality space player on screens and swings, and is a nightmare for defensive backs to handle if he's able to get into the second level."

 

119. Alton Robinson, Edge, Syracuse

 

A good developmental pass rusher to add to our rotation. Robinson had a slightly disappoint year, posting only 4.5 sacks in 2019 after a 10 sack sophomore season. Robinson possesses an a good frame at 6'4 260 and has great burst off the line. Also shows good bend even when the Qb tries to move up in the pocket. Impressed me at the Senior Bowl as well.

"His foundation of length, burst and flexibility is a strong one to develop from and he has a high ceiling at the next level if he can get strong and develop technically. Robinson has the appeal and upside as an eventual starter as a 4-3 defensive end. "

 

143. Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan

A natural leader, team captain, and 4 year starter on a talented Michigan OL. Great power and adequate athleticism to get out in space. Has some struggles again fast interior players but neutralizes when he gets his hands on his guy.

"Bredeson’s game translates to the next level where he’s comfortable rolling his hips into contact, accelerating his feet and working his hands. Bredeson executes with the timing and awareness expected for his resume and there is a pro-ready component to what he offers."

 

With that in the books, I look forward to hearing what you guys think. I want to take a second and say I appreciate this board more and more ever day. With the amount of uncertainty going on right now it has been a great relief to be able to escape to this board and read/talk Falcons. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, duckhoa said:

Thanks Artys.  This is the best non-Kinlaw mock draft that I have seen.

I really like the idea of Murray to partner with Jones.

 

I'm all about me some Kinlaw, but I like to try to come up with something fresh. Especially if I'm gonna wait a while to post my first mock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tomahawk Choppa said:

Nice draft. I really like Robinson. 

Me too man. Not really huge on this DE class overall but I like Robinson's game a lot and for whatever reason, he isnt getting much hype right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Akod2017 said:

Love those first 3 rounds. If Willie Gay makes it to the 4th I want him bad. Gay, Jones, and Murray would solidify LB for years. 

Thanks. While I like Willie Gay, we have a lot of holes and already run a lot of 2 LB sets. Trying to get maximum impact/value to the team. Wouldn't be upset if we picked him up though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A LB in the first makes the most sense, and Diggs seems the perfect fit for us in the second.

I really like Murray, but I sense that we will not trade down.  The most likely target at 16 will be Chaisson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Hate to be that guy but all of tbose guys are likely taken a round higher outside of KM

I know they aren't accurate but since everyone does them I actually got this exact mock on TDN minus Zack Moss but I don't think it's a stretch that he fall a little bit. His stock is down and RBs in general fall. I took Eno Benjamin there instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

A LB in the first makes the most sense, and Diggs seems the perfect fit for us in the second.

I really like Murray, but I sense that we will not trade down.  The most likely target at 16 will be Chaisson.

Prefer Murray to Chaisson personally for LB but I know many disagree. I'm fully comfortable taking Murray at 16. Just couldn't resist grabbing another 3rd while I was at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murray will do the same job as Deion Jones I’m not sure if he’d be a smart pick for us.

Trevon Diggs I saw him actually get manhandled by Jamarr Chase in the LSU game don’t like what I saw so he’s a no from me.

Elliot good pick at the spot taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Murray will do the same job as Deion Jones I’m not sure if he’d be a smart pick for us.

Trevon Diggs I saw him actually get manhandled by Jamarr Chase in the LSU game don’t like what I saw so he’s a no from me.

Elliot good pick at the spot taken.

We really gonna be upset to have two Debos on the field?

Diggs did get dunked on by Chase but Chase is easily the best WR in next years class, imo. He worked over a ton of good CBs this year. Diggs has a lot of good tape out there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

Thanks bro, we need a home run draft with the NFCS shaping up like it is. I want that Lombardi. 

Me personally I think TB won't do great in Tampa but good it just won't be enough.  Is Bruce gonna bow to Brady and run his offense forcing team to start over or Brady gonna learn Bruce offense.  Brady doesn't have that big arm like previous QBs in the offense.for Brees he is still dropping them bombs. Didn't want to start over.. not worried about them one bit.

Bridgwater could come out blazing. But their defense took major blows.

The nfc south is between Us and the Saints.

"CONTINUITY"

Edited by GATXBOI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

We really gonna be upset to have two Debos on the field?

Diggs did get dunked on by Chase but Chase is easily the best WR in next years class, imo. He worked over a ton of good CBs this year. Diggs has a lot of good tape out there. 

 

The key for me is roles maybe the role we need a Murray for isn’t the best for his skill set.

Im sure there is good tape out there but I don’t like seeing tape where a guy who potentially is my CB1 getting manhandled at the LoS.

Its much like when I saw Derek Brown get handled by the Bama G I was looking for an answer from the mentioned when I didn’t see one it’s a red flag for me that’s what I saw when I saw the Diggs Chase matchup as he’ll be seeing big time WRers in our own building let alone the rest of the league.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

The key for me is roles maybe the role we need a Murray for isn’t the best for his skill set.

Im sure there is good tape out there but I don’t like seeing tape where a guy who potentially is my CB1 getting manhandled at the LoS.

Its much like when I saw Derek Brown get handled by the Bama G I was looking for an answer from the mentioned when I didn’t see one it’s a red flag for me that’s what I saw when I saw the Diggs Chase matchup as he’ll be seeing big time WRers in our own building let alone the rest of the league.

I envision Murray as an ideal fit at SAM linebacker. The speed necessary to cover TE across the middle or down the seem. But also has the ability to shoot gaps and get stops in the backfield. Is rangy and can make plays on the other side of the field.

I respect the opinion on Diggs. Though I think he has the ability to grow at the position. Good enough to start with a high ceiling. Only been a CB for a few years, converted from WR.

Edit: Just to respond to Voch's video, the first play Trevon just stumbled on the route. Second play, he get beat on the comeback, rough rep. Third play, Diggs is in good position to make a play and played the route well. Really baited the throw by faking the zone. Stayed on Chase's hip. Just again stumbled when going up for the ball. Looked like he was off balance from the shove at the top of the route. Not his best game by any means but a little harsh by Voch imo. @kiwifalcon

Edited by Artys Arryn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regards to corners what do you think of Kristian Fulton and Jaylon Johnson?

For me it’s all dependent on how we want to play if we want physical disruption at the LoS or we want the athletic types like Henderson and Diggs to me it’s all dependent on what we want.

I mentioned this in thread yesterday that in my own personal view I’m really concentrating on what a corner does inside the first 5 yards in press coverage.As I believe we’ll be seeing a lot of that this year.

SLBer outside of Chaisson I think the next best guy would probably be Zach Baun from Utah and we have interviewed him.

PS that wasn’t Voch review either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing about Murray is if Debo gets hurt, we still have a rangy LB that can man up on guys like Kamara etc. But having two of those guys makes it a lot harder to isolate and attack in a lot of ways. Would be great if it panned out this way, all bases covered pretty much, just never know how the chips will fall in terms of who will be available where but it doesn't seem all that unrealistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

With regards to corners what do you think of Kristian Fulton and Jaylon Johnson?

For me it’s all dependent on how we want to play if we want physical disruption at the LoS or we want the athletic types like Henderson and Diggs to me it’s all dependent on what we want.

I mentioned this in thread yesterday that in my own personal view I’m really concentrating on what a corner does inside the first 5 yards in press coverage.As I believe we’ll be seeing a lot of that this year.

Fulton is a real one. Great technique and was respected by QBs consistently. Wasn't targeted a ton but managed 11 break ups. Questionable top end speed though that may limit his ability to play on an island. 

If you think we'll be running a lot of press man, I could see why you'd like Johnson. That's his bread and butter. Very strong at the line. WR rarely get a clean release. Limitations show up when he is playing off coverage though. Reacts slow when he gives WRs space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign me up for this draft scenario immediately.  I'm one that wants us to draft Kinlaw in the first but if this were the alternative I'd bre ecstatic.  Let me try to speak (type) this into existence.  (Fingers crossed) this exact draft will happen for the Falcons next month! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

The other thing about Murray is if Debo gets hurt, we still have a rangy LB that can man up on guys like Kamara etc. But having two of those guys makes it a lot harder to isolate and attack in a lot of ways. Would be great if it panned out this way, all bases covered pretty much, just never know how the chips will fall in terms of who will be available where but it doesn't seem all that unrealistic.

I try hard to be realistic. Use mock simulators to get an idea if I'm on track.

Debo and K9 together give us all kinds of coverage. Makes that 4-2-5 we like to play around with work a lot better too.

2 minutes ago, Em_Jae20 said:

Sign me up for this draft scenario immediately.  I'm one that wants us to draft Kinlaw in the first but if this were the alternative I'd bre ecstatic.  Let me try to speak (type) this into existence.  (Fingers crossed) this exact draft will happen for the Falcons next month! 

Haha I appreciate it man. Let's get that chip! 

 

Oh and I'm just gonna go ahead and tag @King Jigsaw cause I haven't gotten to talk draft enough with him this offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
  • Create New...